Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

on a new adventure!
Posted by: karriebean ()
Date: November 13, 2007 10:35AM

hi, i am karrie and i am looking forward to this new adventure into the world of the raw.

i have been doing a bunch of reading on the raw food lifestyle and the concept is so amazing yet so simple and very true.

people ate before fire, ovens, deep-fat fryers and microwaves.

i have mentioned the idea to a few other people and i always get a weird reaction. like i have made the leap into insanity. my mom is the most supportive but suggests that i wait until the summer as there is more fresh foods available then. nah, i am not interested in waiting. i am ready to do it now.

today i used this little contraption called the vidalia chopper and chopped up my apple, celery and kale before putting it in the blender. i don't have a fancy vita mix so my blender will have to do for now and by chopping things up pretty fine first should help keep it going for awhile. i like the smoothies. oh, i also added frozen berries. i realize they are not really raw (or the water disrupts the molecules..?) but it made for a great smoothie!

i did really well on that today and i also ate half an avocado and a few walnut. the walnuts probably aren't truly raw. they came from costco...

i also had a smartmonkey bar. was surprised to find a raw food bar at wild oats. i hope i will be able to find a few more transitional foods there because i failed this evening by eating some oven baked fries. ugh! i wanted something savory and blah, blah, blah. excuses excuses.

i am going to write here and sort of keep a running blog if no one minds. i didn't really see a spot for blogs but i think it might be good for me to write what i eat here and maybe get feedback if anyone feels so inclined. if not that is good to, it really is for me and keeping myself on the right track to a better, healthier life.

xoxox

~karriebean

doh! i see that there is a blog spot below! guess that would be a better place to blog...~wink~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2007 10:37AM by karriebean.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: on a new adventure!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 22, 2007 02:56PM

Hi Karrie

I am Noleen from Zimbabwe in Africa and have also just begun my new adventure. i decided to try this out last week and so far i dont think i am doing too bad. How is it going for you? Have you found anymore transitional foods yet? Here in Zim we dont really get any raw food bars, but i am finding loads of recipes on the net and am having fun writing up a recipe book and keeping notes on how i feel and what i eat.

i dont know about you, but i have already started to feel good. i decided to do this so that i can improve my health, feel happier and have more energy. Losing weight is also a big plus for me. i have noticed that my energy levels are already up and i dont get irritable so easily anymore. i just love this.

My biggest problem is finding variety. We dont have most of the nuts and seeds you have and also the oils are difficult to find. Olive oil is my only option, but i will just experiment and see how i go.

Well, gotta go.

Hope to hear from you soon and to share our experience and motivate each other. i dont even know if anyone else in Zimbabwe is logged onto this site.

Cheers

Noleen

Date: November 23, 2007 02:51AM

Hi Karrie, i am Stanley and i just jojned this site today. Actually iam still confused how to start and decide what to eat first. iam in Vanuatu right in the south pacific ocean. we have plenty of fresh and organic fruits and vegis in the islands but not sure what to eat since there are plenty to eat. if i eat fruits for dinner, am i not going to die of hunger? in the islands we ate alot of fish,pork and beef. its not good right?

please help

ta

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: November 24, 2007 07:38PM

Aloha Sita, I live on Maui and I believe our climate is similar to Vanuatu. Don't hold back on the fruits and vegies! There are so many great fruits in the tropical pacific. Do you have Passion Fruit (we call it lilikoi in Hawaii)? I love that stuff...seeds and all, I can eat 12/day. Also, local citrus, avocados, bananas, papayas. I eat mostly fruit throughout the day and then a big salad, maybe with a few nuts or some avocado for dinner. It might take a little while to make the transition, so just keep doing what feels good. Take it slowly and make small positive steps each day. You'll do great!

Aloha

Date: November 27, 2007 03:33PM

I am and i like to post a Message but i dont know how to place it can anyone help me thanks, Bubi from Spain 4 years on 100% raw

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables