Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

new from South Africa
Posted by: sage ()
Date: January 14, 2008 10:40AM

Hi there
I'm new to the raw life, i been at it for a meer 9 days. I have tried once before last year but only lasted 11 days sad smiley Hopefully this time will be more succesful. What i miss most is eating hot food. everything now is cold or room temperature.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: new from South Africa
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 14, 2008 11:22PM

Yes, missing the warm food is difficult...one thing we've done is to put a pot of a raw soup on top of our gas stove (while its off). The pilot lights for the burners and the oven can actually gently, lightly heat the food over a couple hours.

Another idea is to put a plate of food like a dip, soup, etc, into the dehydrator and warm it up that way.

We make a lot of raw lasagnas at our community which we try to serve straight out of the dehydrator - really seems like cooked food that way.

Are you in South Africa now? Is it summertime there? I was actually born in Cape Town while my parents were traveling (a 4 year trip!) Soon after they came back to the states, and I've never been back. How is the raw food/healthfood awareness in South Africa?

What kinds of foods are you missing specifically? Maybe I have some recipes that could help.

Best wishes,
Tandi

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 09, 2008 01:25AM

Hi Sage,

Having just joined this group and the forum, found your message and would like to tell you that my best friend lives in Cape Town, has been following a living food diet for a while now, and has just put up an excellent website with all sorts of information relevant to your area: www.livingfoodforafrica.com You might want to check it out.

I haven't started the raw food regimen yet, but intend to do so shortly once I've gotten a handle on it and learned a bit more. Makes me a little nervous, as I know there are many really unhealthful things I eat and will miss, not the least of which is hot food in this northern hemisphere winter of ours, but realize it's the only way to go for so many reasons.

Peace!

Posted by: sagebush ()
Date: March 09, 2008 04:04AM

hey Sage,
now I know why my first choice of a name here did not go through!
so now I am sagebush

welcome

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables