Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

advice and motivation please
Posted by: volcomchick8797 ()
Date: January 23, 2008 10:32AM

hello everyone, i am 20 years old and attempting to eat only raw foods. i have been vegetarian for maybe a year, then tried going vegan and was too difficult for me at the time. i am really determined to begin exercising and eating for my body instead of just for my taste. i am attempting to become more fit and eat accordingly. i dont know why it is so hard for me. i know i want to lose weight and know doing this would be best for me..ugh. procrastination. sorry everyone, but i just need some success results to get me motivated. should be motivated on my own i know, but need some others pushing me to pull through. i've decided to make such a drastic change in diet since barely any of my clothes fit me =/ and i've been having more headaches and exhausted ever since i've gone back to my old eating habits. there is no way i would eat another animal product- that's what i say and then i go out and crave chicken or milk. its horrible, i know. i feel so bad for each animal that i am hurting. maybe you have some advice that would make me transitioning into raw food diet much easier. thanks so much

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: advice and motivation please
Date: January 23, 2008 11:33PM

Hey volcomchick

I hear ya on motivation... and there is nothing wrong with using a few of the initial perks of eating raw (weight loss, general sense of well being etc) as motivation.

I recommend you take a look at Alissa Cohen's book and website. She has great recipes for beginners that mimic the foods you are used to and that has helped quite a few people I know with cravings. Theres actually a thread with some of her recipes here in the recipe forums

What helps me through my cravings most of all is green smoothies for some reason. I love Victoria Boutenko's Green For Life and she also put out a book called 12 Steps to Raw Foods: How to End Your Dependency on Cooked Food with Gabriel Cousens that is supposed to be really good.

Other than that don't beat yourself up if you slip back into old habits. Change can be hard and takes time. Your body has had 20 years of cooked food and it can take some time to get into the grove of it all.

All the best to you!

Lisa

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Re: advice and motivation please
Posted by: volcomchick8797 ()
Date: January 24, 2008 02:52AM

thanks so much, i will look up those books. you're right, it would be good to have some recipies to have on hand and incorporate into my transitioning diet. so far, i've just been attempting to eat my fruits and veggies seperate,it'd be nice to have some meal ideas. thanks again

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables