Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New raw foodie
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 30, 2008 09:21PM

Hi,

I have just joined this amazing site and wondered what I did before!!!
I have been researching various different raw books, magazines and the internet for a while now and have been trying to implement the ideas.
I am currently 50% raw each day which really isn't good enough.
The problem I have is everyone around me seems to think I am weird or you look too thin get some meat on you. The truth is I already feel great but I feel I need to get some sort of support to continue.I do have the will power but if I could share my experiences with some of you guys that would be great.
I am from England and it's certainly true in my area we are way behind with raw and organic.

Looking forward to your views.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New raw foodie
Posted by: lthierga ()
Date: February 11, 2008 07:56PM

I am just starting out here. No one where I am at is raw and I find it difficult. I have skin issues and looked towards this raw diet to help my symptoms and the more I read about it the more I really want to do this. This is very difficult for me and struggling a bit but it will only make me stronger. If you want to exchange ideas let me know we can email each other.

Date: February 12, 2008 10:31PM

Hi there,

would be good to exchange ideas, please give me a bell, look forward to hearing from you

Posted by: lthierga ()
Date: February 15, 2008 12:58AM

The problem I have is my family. I cook for them and it just smells so good and I give in at times. I like smoothies a lot and I tend to do that just because it is easy and tastes delicious. I think I am going to do the juice thing for a couple days to help cleanse my palate a bit. I heard this works so I am going to give it a try.

50% raw is good. Sometimes I am there and sometimes I am not. It depends on the day. Do you find the emotional eating hard? This is my problem mostly. I am just struggling with the emotional part of it. Any suggestions?

Date: February 18, 2008 08:06PM

I just went 100% RAW but my spouse is not going along. So, he cooks for himself. But I understand about the food smelling soooo good! I find that I must make sure to prepair or eat something quick in order to not be tempted. I have only been at this for about 3 weeks. So, I can only say that this is what is working so far. I just look at the fact that I am a diabetic. I was put on insulin and had been taking the shots for about 1 1/2 mo. when I decided that I was just going to stop eating the way I had because it was not changing the diabeties it was just changing to a stronger form (Insulin) to control it. So, I can only say what ever is drawing you to go RAW do it for yourself first.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: February 19, 2008 04:52PM

hi

Date: March 15, 2008 05:43PM

Hey there,

Greetings! I am also a new raw foodie-- bout 2 months now, and, like a lot of newbies, am addicted to this new and awesome lifestyle that has made everything clearer, and could never go back. I think it's awesome to make new friends on here via the linkage of raw foods-- it's incredible how much this topic can bring people together and keep a conversation going and fill it with vitality and a whole new freshness I never thought possible. Everyone's jounrey is different, but the parallels are so often running so closely aline-- and I think that is where we newbies find closure when sort of navigating through the early stages of this crazy, awesome, difficult yet lovely raw diet lifestyle phenomenon!! All I know is that once I started raw, someting clicked and cooked foods became, all at once, what they actaully are.. dead, to me.
So basically I am just chilli here, tryin to cope with some detox symptoms that have sort of, but not completely wiped me out, and trying to meet like-minded people who can share their recipes and experiences wit me, and likewise!
And so, that's about it! Peace & love, Meg X P.S If anyone wants to get in touch and chat about the trials and tribulations of this raw life, please do!
k-belle@live.ca

Date: March 18, 2008 09:45PM

Hi lthierga ,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner!!

This is the same problem as I have. I sometimes need to cook for others around me and sharing a house doesn't help.
I try to stay strong which is something that I think everyone has to work on. I also have times when it is easier than others and I set myself goals.

For example I am having a raw week this week. I have forward planned everything. I have made sure I have everything I could need and I have managed to get a few days when I am living at my friends dog sitting for her while she's away, this way I can have the kitchen to prepare myself fresh food everyday. Don't get me wrong on a day to day basis I do find it hard, however I am happy with myself if I can stick to times when I can go raw more frequently.

How did the juicing go?

I also find breakfast the hardest because I am used to toast and nothing seems to agree with my stomach in the mornings other than toast. I can't skipit either because I am always hungry at this time. Do you have any suggestions for breakfast?

Date: March 19, 2008 05:02PM

I have been eating raw for only 4 days, I thought my detox was getting better already, but in your post you are 2 months in and still having detox, is that what I should expect?

Date: March 21, 2008 02:43AM

hi. i have been a vegetarian for about 5 years and very rarely eat animal products. i have been trying raw for just a short while now.i have been challenged for my food choices ever since i started eating vegetarian, vegan and raw. i find it very annoying- and interesting the way that people react. instead of saying "oh wow that is very different and i dont know alot about it tell me more" they will actually attack me. i wish they could understand the benefits of going just vegetarian if anything.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables