Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

DAY 1 on Raw- anyone else in NYC? need help sad smiley
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 06, 2008 04:45AM

Hey-

I just completed the Master Cleanse and while I was on it I discovered raw. Have never been vegan/ vegeterian or even thought about doing it in my life. Always ate meat/ dairy/ soy/ and basically everything else. It's probably easier because i'm starting after doing the MC, but i'm getting no support from anyone around me, and my parents just canceled my credit card for food b/c they don't approve.Oh and i'm also going 100% bc for me its easier to go all or nothing.

Basically just stressed/ under lots of pressure, and would love to find some other college/grad/ students...or not students, either way, in NYC who are raw.

Went to Live Live today and they helped me out a bit but I had so many questions and was so exhausted/ all over the place. I got a couple of questions answered but in a way it just made me realize that I know so much less than I thought I did.

I have no idea what to eat so i've just been eating fruits and nothing else.

Went to Quintessance bc they suggested I have a soup for dinner....Bought 2 soups a) Green soup b) Indian coconut....just in case I didn't like one I was hoping to like the other. I hated both of them they were gross, which is very discouraging because I was hoping that would be motivation that Raw food can be delicious unlike what everyone around me is saying.

so yeah basically,,,,overwhelmed/ stressed/ could use a friend& some support.

Have a good one,

-D

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DAY 1 on Raw- anyone else in NYC? need help sad smiley
Posted by: carolg ()
Date: February 21, 2008 02:53AM

I know there are raw groups in NY. Lots of support online, but not same as tasting at rawlucks as we call them here in Co. Best to you. I know at rawfoodtalk.com there are some NY folks. It's Alisa Cohen's website, author too. I'm very little into nuts and the gourmet stuff anymore as I was out of control in eating too many and put on weight. Just me so now lost a bunch. I do eat super simple foods and some cooked vegan foods still. Was raw for years, but now make a choice to be mainly raw and little cooked vegan, plant based if wish. We have rawlucks here so great way to meet. check meetup.com

At rawfoodtalk.com found a great link just by seraching New York there. H ave to join the free group, but still here it is:

[rawfoodtalk.com]

Also those restarants should know names of some regular raw food folks.

Also email or call Hippocrates in West Palm Beach as their director does talks and many raw people attended when I went.

Also email Paul Nison, rawlife.com, former NY for contact name as he is former NY person too.

Also there is a diabetes lecture so may call this contact and may be talking raw here under NY:

[www.rawfoodinfo.com]

There you go! You are on your way.

Best to you. carolg, formerly Kew Gardens, Queens

AN EVENT IN NYC TOMORROW 2/21
Date: February 21, 2008 04:11AM

Can't believe I found this but may check it out. *Paul below looks like a raw contact and not part of the restaurant scene.

New York City NY
Thursday, February 21, 2008

Bonobo's Restaurant
6:30 PM to 8:30 PM
$10.00
Bonobo's Restaurant
18 East 23rd Street
New York NY 10010
www.bonobosrestaurant.com

For More Information and R.S.V.P. Contact:
*Paul
561-337-9299

carolg

NYC contacts for rawlucks--WOW!
Date: February 21, 2008 04:17AM

Gosh, I'm feeling relentless in helping you and just found this too. I'm sure with all this information you will be on a great roll and not roller coaster:

New York City
Accent on Wellness meets every Monday night
7:30-9:30pm
33 East 7th Street
between 2nd Avenue & Bowery a few steps down
under a Chiropractic office
$4.00 donation.
Phone: 212-760-5953
www.Live-Food.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Brooklyn Raw Food Potluck
Monthly at Park Slope Food Coop
782 Union Street (between 7th and 6th Aves.)
Brooklyn, New York
www.live-food.com/braw.html
webperson@live-food.com
Raw Health and Happiness Society: Raw Food Support Group
Phone: 732-432-4839
www.superbeingdiet

===
There probably are more, but at least you are rocking now!

Best to you. Best email me if you wish.

carolg

Date: February 23, 2008 04:48AM

greetings smiling smiley

thought i'd offer help in your newly found evolution of raw magic...please feel absolutely free to email me with any questions, concerns, etc...i stand as a valuable resource of raw information...

peace

Date: February 25, 2008 07:52PM

hello i am in brooklyn. you might want to check out meetup.com and join the brooklyn raw food/ new york city raw food group. Support and hapiness to you smiling smiley

Date: February 25, 2008 08:08PM

you can email me @ earthloverr@gmail.com

Date: February 27, 2008 10:20PM

Thank You guys for messaging back! I sent you all PM's back....I actually want to delete this thread, is that possible?

Re: March 28-30, 2008 NYC
Date: February 29, 2008 10:49PM

Here's another event coming up:

March 28 - 30, 2008
Hippocrates at the Hotel New Yorker, NYC, NY
NEW LIFE EXPO

For more info., visit www.newlifemag.com

Visit Hippocrates in NY City! Come to hear our Greenhouse Manager, Michael Bergonzi, and former executive Chef Kelly Serbonich lecture on Sat. & Sun.

Also, stop by our booth for some FRESH wheatgrass juice from FL and learn more about our Life Change Program as well as our Health Educator Course. We will be there all weekend and look forward to seeing you again!

Booth #110 at the top of the stairs!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables