Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Hello! I'm new to Raw!
Posted by: maureen1969 ()
Date: May 29, 2006 06:21PM

Hello!

I'm Maureen. I'm 36 years old,married with two children. I also have a golden named Aidan.

I really don't know where to start,and have been winging it for two days. Tomorrow I'll be able to go to the library and really learn what I need to eat on a raw diet.

So far I've been winging it on tomatoes, spincach, zuch, goji berries, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, salads, bananas,and avacados. I had all that stuff here anyway.

I'm just so excited to have found this board. I've spent hours going over older posts.

My reasons for going raw are:

1. I'm tired all the time.
2. Depressed even with medication.
3. Horrible migraines.
4. Muscle fatigue.
5. Stressed out constantly.
6. Overweight, but with migraines,depression and being so tired,sometimes I just don't care.

Hopefully over time eating a raw diet will get rid of these horrible things one by one. I feel like I'm litereally dangling at the end of my rope.

I'm hopeing that eating raw will help with my energy levels and rid my migraines. With that I'll have the energy to exericise and not want to be a slug anymore.

I'm tired of not living. It's been a few years since I've even felt fresh and relaxed and I cannot wait for that feeling again.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this. It's kind of hard putting yourself out there, but maybe it's the first step in healing.

I look foward to knowing everyone. smiling smiley Have a wonderful day.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hello! I'm new to Raw!
Posted by: blissmummy ()
Date: May 30, 2006 02:22PM

Hi Maureen~~

yay, welcome!! I'm a new mom (7 month-old babe) and have been eating raw off and on for 4 or 5 years and am going raw again (easier said than done sometimes but it's most definitely worth it) and the more raw food I've eaten, the more energy and peace of mind I've had. I feel like I'm coming alive again! It seems hard to beat depression, but raw food munchin' is actually a huge help! (If people only knew...some of us are blessed with information, just takes some oomph to make it first-hand knowledge..and what sweet knowledge it is! there's no comfortable going back..)

blessings on your journey

love, Adrienne

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 30, 2006 09:24PM

hi Maureen, good luck on your raw journey! Like you my main reasons for going raw are depression and being tired all the time. I have wanted to go raw for a long time - it isnt easy. However, I find these raw forums an inspiration as you can feel quite lonely on the raw path and it is nice to meet other people who have the same raw goals as you.
I have just begun 100% raw - so far so good!

I wish you every success.x

Posted by: maureen1969 ()
Date: May 31, 2006 11:33PM

Thank you so much for the welcome! I really appreciate it.

So far, I'm really tired more so than usual. I've had seveal throbbing headaches which apsrin took care of, but they were NOT and I stress NOT migraines!

Last night I did have a cooked dinner and felt better today.

However, this morning I went right back to raw.

Evidently my body is not happy right now with this change and it's fighting me tooth a nail. lol

I feel ok today after asprin and lots and lots of sleep!!! I slept all day today. The fatigue didn't hit me like this the first few days, but today it's wiped me out! smiling smiley

my face feels amazingly smooth and soft. I'm extremely happy about that as usually it takes tons of lotions, masks, and follow up. But naturally? Wow. I really cannot believe how soft it is already and it's not been a week yet!

If my face is any idication of what is to come, I'm all for it!

This weekend I'm going to buy a food processor. I've seen a lot of recipes that call for one.

Tomorrow I'm going to try to get up at the crack of dawn and venture to the farmer's market.

I'm so excited right now! I feel like my skin is glowing!

Again, thank you for the warm welcome! smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables