Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Canadian Raw Girl Lookin' for Pen Pal!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 15, 2008 07:39AM

Hey Guys,

I'm a newish Raw foodie embarking on the raw lifestyle and so far its been treating me remarkably well. Anyways, seeing that I'm just starting out, I was wondering if anyone was in the same boat (male or female) and wanted to join me on this journey by becoming my pen pal! I think this would be an awesome opportunity to grow and share recipes, plus our experiences in a very cool and unique way! Alrighty, I shall leave it at that. But wait, one more advantage before I go: lest we forget the charm of snail mail! Haha, it needs to be brought back! There's so much charm to it, isn't there?

Love and Peace to all, Cheers! Meg XX k-belle@live.ca

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Canadian Raw Girl Lookin' for Pen Pal!
Date: March 15, 2008 03:37PM

Hi.
I do remember the charm of snail mail.
Something about getting an envelope in your mailbox that I miss anymore.

I am looking for people also to "compare notes" with about how its going with eating a raw diet.I know it isnt easy...given all the brainwashing we grow up with about food.
I am new to a raw diet too.
I currently eat,at the very least,a totally raw lunch every day.
Sure makes me feel better.

Brian

Date: March 15, 2008 05:15PM

Hey Brian,that are

Cool! I am glad you are into the 'snailing,' lol. Totally, I think it would be really beneficial for people like us that are just beginning the process. And yeah, it is hard, especially with the misunderstanding from the outside,, but I always feel amazing every day following after being raw, so I know this is something I could never give up. E-mail me if you want, Brian! and we can chat some more, k-belle@live.ca

Date: March 15, 2008 06:48PM

Thanks.
I will email sometime.
I believe support can really help.

One main reason I want to eat raw is that from everyone I read about who eats this way,they are mentally in a much better place.
Been dealing with depression issues most of my adult life,and turn to food for comfort.I want out cause it is leading to all kinds of elevated cholesterol,blood sugar,blood pressure and weight readings.Heart disease killed my grandfather,and almost my father.His artery to the heart was 98% blocked when he had a bypass.
I want a different future.
I am sure diet can help alot.

One thing I DO want to do is learn alot of recipies,instead of just sitting and eating a plate of raw veggies every meal.

Besides,I have always be attuned to nature,and always felt we should be eating the "foods of the Earth"

Brian

Date: March 16, 2008 03:01AM

Hey Brian,

I'm glad raw had brought you to a clear, balanced place. I can relate to that. It gets better everyday. It excites me, really, to think of what a month, a year, 3 years from now might be like. You know? I like the clarity. I like the feeling of wellness. I like the.. optimism that I've come to know to be associated with this way of eating. Life isn't a peach but it's a hell of a lot easier eating this way. That's the truth.

Anyways, I am totally pysched about recipe sharing and such. I made an awesome tahini-herb dressing tonight that I put on all my veggie/salad mixes (been using it for over a month now, hasnt gotten old yet! I could never say that about a cooked food),and then a wicked nutty, date pate that I spread on fruit. It's amazing!! And totally satisfies all my sweet cravings in the past few months of coming off cooked foods.

Anyways, it's all good Brian, I feel you, keep on goin strong, take care!

Meg

Date: March 19, 2008 01:34AM

Meg,
Do you ever just chop up veggies and put them on a plate and munch away?
Thats the level I am on right now.
It will be fun to learn how to "cook" with raw foodssmiling smiley

Brian

Date: March 20, 2008 08:47PM

Hey Brian,

Sure, I do do that sometimes, but usually I like to dip them in something. I am at the point where I crave veggies a lot, but when I sit down to a meal or something, I like to have something to dip them in. Do you eat a lot of plain veggies?

I agree. It would be awesome to learn how to make lots of cool, raw dishes. I find now that even if I add so few ingred's or am missing certain ingred's, whatever I am making still tastes good. But right now, for some reason, I am finding the transition most hard.

Anyways, TC, Brian! Best X

Date: March 22, 2008 01:39PM

Meg,
I usually just put chopped up veggies on a plate,and I might dip them in some Annies Naturals dressing.About the fanciest thing I have made is zucchini spaghetti so far.
I am going off to visit family now,and I have packed all my raw foods to take alongsmiling smiley
Happy raw food Easter to you.
Brian

Date: March 23, 2008 10:52PM

Brian! I have to tell you something! Everything I start a post to you I write Brain instead of Brian.. it's not so funny, only in that it happens, like, everytime I write to you, haha.

Anyways, Happy Raw Easter to you too!

Hope it was a gd one,

Meg X

Date: March 23, 2008 11:16PM

I didnt even notice that!!
Maybe I am dyslexic?
Hope your Easter was nice,and what did you eat???
Some of us here struggled with the candy this weekendsad smiley
I had dehydrated crackers as my munchie of choice.

BrAIn smiling smiley

Date: March 26, 2008 02:38AM

BRAIN

What's up? Nah, we didn't do much meal-wise for Easter, pretty much just reg. meals here! I'm glad u had a nice one thosmiling smiley Go dehydrated crackers! YEAH!

I am tryin' to get into proper food combining now, I think it could be something that makes a big dif.

cheers, brian, bye for now!

Date: March 26, 2008 02:29PM

Meg,

Yes,I have read that even within the raw food world there is still proper food combining principles to follow.
One is to not eat sprouts and nuts at the same meal.
Another is to eat only melons by themselves.
There are others,but those are the two biggies.

Is it cold up there in Canada?

BrIAn smiling smiley

Date: March 28, 2008 02:10AM

Hey Brian!

It was cold but now it's warmin' up! Hopefully the nice weather stays. Where bouts are you?

Do you grow or sprout anything? I would love to eventually grow most of what I eat. I was eating a tomatoe the other day, and was thinking to myself how terrible it tasted in comparison to the ones I grew last yr in the garden.

Almost sickly.. you know?

Lata' brain!

Date: March 28, 2008 12:19PM

Hi there!

I grow sprouts on my kitchen counter...mung,alfalfa mostly.
I do want to have a garden in my backyard either this summer or next,to grow tomatoes,and squashes.
I agree...nothing beats home grown tomatoes,or any veggie for that matter!!
I am in south central Pa USA.
There are people on this forum that post from all over the world.
I think thats cool!
Till next post...take caresmiling smiley
Brian

Date: March 30, 2008 12:30AM

CA NADA IS TOO COLD FOR ME!

Date: March 30, 2008 06:08PM

Indeed, Raw1228, Canada is cold in winter, lol

Hey Brian,

That's cool u do the sprouting thing, I have yet get into it, I wanna tho. I don't know enuf about it, but I hear it is really easy, so I likely should read up on it & try it soon enuf

I agree, v cool that ppl from all over the world post and are into raw, a very universal lifestyle it seems. I had a dinner party yesterday. It was fun. It wasn't wholly raw, rice n' that.. but I used raw goats cheese, and I made raw pudding for D, and everyone liked it a lot. Yeah!!

bye-bye briansmiling smiley

Date: April 07, 2008 04:58PM

hey
i was wondering if you still wanted a penpal? i love doodling and sketching and it would be fun to send them off to someone raw, old paper mail style. lemme know if you're into it.

Date: April 08, 2008 11:41PM

hey gness, sure thing, i am a doodler/sketcher myself-- would be fun-- feel free to shoot me an e-mail and we can exchange addy's X

Date: April 08, 2008 11:42PM

sry, lol, k-belle@live.ca

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables