Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

group meals
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 29, 2008 02:19PM

Hi again,
Don't get to post very much here. I work with the school district here, so am very busy during the week. And I have been taking my brother Jason to his AA meetings at night. I finally have a day off. (execpt going to mom's later). What I wanted to know is how everyone deals with those "luncheons" that come up at times.
We had a teachers luncheon yesterday and the food was ordered in. I seemed to offend a couple of people when I wouldn't eat any of the food they brought in. I had brought some fruit with me to eat. They all know that I am a veggie, yet they ordered a large lunchmeat and cheese platter, with all the trimmings. Mayo, butter,plain bread and rolls, and to top it off....pastries!
Being a close knit community,I know this one is going to go around for quite a while now.
How could I have handled this better?

best to all,
Learya

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: group meals
Date: March 29, 2008 03:27PM

oh god
aa meetings
nuff said.
i wish him well

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2008 03:28PM by Raw1228.

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: March 29, 2008 04:26PM

I used to live in faculty housing and shared many meals with teachers and administrators. As a vegetarian there was always something I could put on my plate and be thankful. It was never an issue as far as I knew. It would have been harder as a raw vegan for sure to find something appropriate. But still maybe I'd have put something on my plate even if I didn't eat it.

I think people talk about us less than we think they do.. and when they do, "people say all kinds of things" without thinking.

Date: March 29, 2008 04:46PM

Hi, I take it you are not good with the AA meetings. I only entered that in respect that I am very busy most of the time and wish I had more time to talk to people on this site. I feel it was kind of a put down. But I will input that my brother is doing a lot better with them than without them. He lives with my mother because he is a little mentally challenged. Also his way of getting to know a better group of people. It was the group out there with their picnics and drinking that started him in the first place. I am just trying to help him make his life easier. He even agreed to try the raw diet and is doing well with it.
Please don't judge before you understand.
I hope everything is going fine with you.

Date: March 29, 2008 04:58PM

Hi, thank you for replying to me. Yes, I did take some food with me to eat. And that was a good idea to have put some of their food on my plate even if I didn't eat it. I was probably just making too much out of it anyway.
I appreciate your thoughts.
Have a great day. smiling smiley

Posted by: SquarePeg ()
Date: April 28, 2008 07:45AM

daywahn, AA saved my life and eventually, as I got healthier and healthier, I ended up here...with raw...because that's what I came to know God wanted for me. I think your brother is in a good place. It works for some people, not so much for others. Funny thing, I used to think people were "put out" when I didn't want what they were having, but pretty soon, I noticed that if I didn't say anything or act like it was a problem, no one else did either--they are too busy with their own stuff. Talking with people and not paying attention to the food they or I am eating is a good way to not have it be an issue.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables