Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Hi everyone I haven't started this new lifestyle change..
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 13, 2008 07:58AM

but I have to I just found out I have endometriosis,lumps in my breast (that are now on watch), and precancerous cells on my cervix. Yes I just exposed a lot of personal information about my self but I don't care its happening to me and I'm only 31. I'm freaked out and its time for a change. I'm starting Bikram yoga this week and I need to start the raw foods diet. So I obviously need a food processor,dehydrator,and juicer. Is this an expensive diet? I was wondering how much people usually pay a month to eat like this. I'm so overwhelmed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hi everyone I haven't started this new lifestyle change..
Date: April 13, 2008 09:04AM

All of the recipes seem so confusing to me soaking grains and stuff wow I really don't know anything about this. Can I survive just off of drinking juice that seems the easiest to me just throw stuff in a juicer. I just want to make sure I get enough protein and vitamins.

Posted by: klandestine ()
Date: April 13, 2008 04:17PM

I find it easiest to eat a lot of fruits and veggies just as they are. I don't make a lot of recipes - too time consuming and a lot of the ingredients can be expensive - nuts and so forth. The same amount of nuts for a recipe can last me weeks just by eating a few every day or so - you don't need much.

That said, I do have a juicer and do like to use it a lot. I also like using my blender to make smoothies. I don't dehydrate anything.

I find it fairly inexpensive to shop in the produce section of grocery stores - compared to what my food bill was like when I ate the typical diet.

I don't worry about protein consumption. Fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds, have a lot of amino acids, hemps seeds are particularly wonderful.

Date: April 14, 2008 12:03AM

Thanks for replying you really simplified it for me. The recipes seemed really complicated to me and like you said time consuming. I was already shopping organic before all of this but only for the last year. Hemp seeds huh I've been drinking Hemp milk is that good?

Posted by: klandestine ()
Date: April 14, 2008 02:08AM

If you mean the packaged hemp milk in a carton - I don't know - It isn't raw. If you think it helps you get to where you want to be then go for it. You can make it yourself though.

I never had a problem with trying to find a substitute for cow's milk - I just eliminated cow's milk from my diet. I decided it was easier to just eliminate the things I felt were not great for me rather than trying to find "healthier" substitutes for them.

I just like to eat a tablespoon or so of the seeds (hearts) every second day or so. They go really good in a salad.

I like it simple. No muss, no fuss. About the hardest thing I like to make is a salad with lots of chopped up veggies.

Date: April 16, 2008 04:03PM

Hi Sensitiveblue-
I just joined this forum and read your post.
Diagnosed with endometriosis nearly 20 years ago I can understand being "freaked." So was I, when the doctors told me to get pregnant now or never. Dietary changes made me basically symptom-free and nearly ten years after my diagnosis I started my family. The important thing to remember is that your diagnosis has been a "gift," at least it was in my case. Some never get the chance to eat healthier and realize they can live a great life and albeit a happier life without fried, sugared and abused consumables. For me, easing into a "different" lifestyle was better than jumping in with both feet, everyone is different in this way. Try to just take it one day at a time and enjoy your journey. Healthy wishes, JT

Date: April 19, 2008 03:50PM

Thank you so much for replying and your kind words. When I first found out I had endometriosis I was 29 it was right after my 2nd ectopic pregnancy they looked inside my body, took pictures,then told me I have a 75 percent chance of it happening again. Depressed from the pregnancy and the percentage I went into 3 years of self punishment I felt hopeless and stopped caring about myself. I started smoking cigs again,eating unhealthy and wallowing in my own self pity. It actually wasn't until the lumps and the precancerous cells showed that woke me up. I quit smoking cold turkey after 15 years of habit. I know what you mean about it being a gift, I now realize I want to live,I'm back to my old stubborn self and ready to go. I've done a lot of research and I know how to turn this around. I want to learn to love myself and allow myself a happy life even if I end up not having a child in the future. I'm getting ready to by an Omega 8003 juicer and I have some great recipes lined up to boost my immune system. Thanks again synecology and take care.
Love and light

Posted by: kangen ()
Date: April 26, 2008 05:13PM

what water do you drink

Date: April 28, 2008 12:04PM

Wow, I just want you to know that your story can be a true inspiration to many people. I work in the medical field and get tons of cancer patients a day. It breaks my heart. I wish everyone was on the raw food diet.
I've also heard raw juice fasts are great for people in your situation. Have you looked into it?

Date: May 09, 2008 01:13AM

Hi Sensitive,

I just wanted to write a post to you, as I read yours and was filled with some fierce emotions. I applaud you for being so proactive about your health. That's increidble, on your part. Keep strong and once again, you are, like those above have mentioned, a true inspiration.

Meg

Posted by: greensatva ()
Date: May 10, 2008 05:37AM

Hi Sensitive Blue!

Approach life and this "new" diet (it's been around for decades y'know!) with a positive mentality. Entering a race with a negative mentality means you have been defeated before you've even begun! Google Dr. Ann Wigmore, go to www.chidiet.com, www.chidiet.com/blog, get the free Ann Wigmore autobiography ebook :"Why Suffer?", [www.fredericpatenaude.com], www.therawdiet.com, www.therawdiet.com/evolve.html, etc...
There are lot's of resources out there for us newbies! I'm not a raw foodist yet, but I will be very soon! I even plan to be an organic farmer...etc. It's going to be a wonderful adventure!
Also, about cancer: go to www.vitaminB17.org, because, cancer is a deficiency disease caused by the lack of vitamin B17. Download the free summary ebook on the site. Learn about the Science of B17 and the politics behind the Medical Drug cartel Industry.
Switching to the Raw Living foods lifestyle may be expensive at first but I'm certain it will eventually pay for itself! I want to buy an Omega 8005 Juicer for around $260 (An arm, leg and Kidney! at least now!) But think of it as a lifetime INVESTMENT in your health. No more meds for the rest of your life! Keep the faith! Let's Switch to Raw, eat some organic Apricot Kernels (a good source of B17), and continue on the path of holistic wellbeing!

~greensatva,Kingston, Jamaica, W.I

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables