Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New here...new to raw
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 29, 2008 07:42PM

Hi all! I have suffered with chronic low back and hip pain for more than 4 years. My doctors don't know how to treat my pain, except through pain killers and muscle relaxers.

By the grace of God, I was led to the book, 'The Permanent Pain Cure' by Ming Chew. It looks SO promising! My husband works part-time for an organic farmer and I was sharing this with his wife today. She lives all natural and all organic.

So anyway, I decided rather than live the rest of my life (I'm only 42!) in pain and on meds, I would change my eating habits. I have eaten junk food and processed food for SO long--I was raised on it. I don't even know where to start except by replacing all that with fruits and vegetables, lower the protein in my diet and drink LOTS more water.

I look forward to getting to know you all and learning more and more about my new way of eating and my new way of life!

Blessings,
Pam in MI

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New here...new to raw
Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: May 08, 2008 01:37PM

Hey HS Mom! Welcome! I have chronic low back pain too, and attributed it to my age until I went 100% raw for 11 days at the beginning of this year, when it went completely away. Then I came down with a bad case of the flu or detox (I still haven't figured out which), and felt the "need" to eat cooked food. I have been struggling with 100% ever since, but can easily keep it at 75% or so. I notice when I have a couple of 100% days in a row my back pain disappears completely. So now I'm working toward 100% raw all the time. It's hard because I work in fine dining and am around amazing SAD food. It's delicious, but still SAD. I need to keep reminding myself of that.
Does HS stand for homeschooling? I'm thinking about it with my three year old. I did it with my 20 something kids and it worked well, but I'm older now and less willing to give up my time. Something else I need to work through. Anyway, Good luck!
Sundancer

Re: New here...new to raw
Posted by: greensatva ()
Date: May 10, 2008 05:12AM

Hi HSMom!
I'm not raw yet, but I will be soon! I recommend you do research on it. Google Dr. Ann Wigmore. Go to therawdiet.com and therawdiet.com/evolve.html, www.chidiet.com and www.chidiet.com/blog, www.fredericpatenaude.com...etc. There are lots of raw living foods resources out there! We need to learn about our bodies and proper nutrition, so that we put good things in and not get sick.

Sundancer, probably the reason why you got sick is because you were deficient in something, which made your body susceptible to catching the flu.

There are no "incurable" dis-eases, we don't get sick for no reason, and sickness is not to be taken lightly as "a part of getting old". We're responsible for our actions, including what we do to our body, and if we have the right nutrition, mental and spiritual attitudes, our bodies will heal itself.

Continue on the path of good health HSMom, Sundancer and all you other raw foodists out there! God Bless you all!

~Greensatva, Kingston, Jamaica, W.I

Love, Good Health, and God bless you!
~Greensatva, Kingston, Jamaica, W.I.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables