Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Wheatgrass?
Posted by: Cypher_X ()
Date: April 20, 2007 08:44PM

Last week, a friend of mine gave me some wheatgrass seeds...but I don't know what to do with them. I've heard so many great things about wheatgrass. How do I grow it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2007 08:45PM by Cypher_X.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wheatgrass?
Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: April 22, 2007 08:44AM

It's easier and faster than it sounds. The first time I grew it was accidentally. I only meant to sprout the seeds but left them in the sprouter too long and they were turning into grass. Then I stuck some of them in a pot of soil and covered them and watered it and by the next morning they already shot up through the top of the soil.

1. Put seeds in sprouter/container.
2. Add about 3x the water
3. Let soak overnight for about 8-12 hours.
4. Drain and Rinse every 8-12 hours for a couple days until they get a good sized 1/4th inch of a sprout.
5. Stick in soil. Keep damp.

At first I didn't put the pots anywhere special and no difference in how they grew.One in a dark area and one I left on a shelf. But now I leave the pots outside figuring the rain water and sun would make it more nutritious.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables