Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

swollen eyes
Posted by: lovekk ()
Date: May 06, 2008 06:57PM

I have a problem with my eyes. Every morning when i wake up they are swollen on top of eyelid and underneath. I had an allergy test but it didn't show anything. I thought maybe it was something I was eating, but I did an 8-day fast a couple of months ago, and it still continued to happen. I thought when I went raw, it would go away, but it hasn't. Anyone else ever experience this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: swollen eyes
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: May 06, 2008 07:00PM

Is there something in, on, or around your pillowcase that bothers you? Is it pollen in your garden? Is it something you apply to your skin, hair? Did you get a new pet?

Date: May 06, 2008 07:08PM

Maybe I should change my detergent. No to the other things. This has been happening for over a year now. So I will try an organic detergent to see is that helps. After a few hours they go back down to almost normal state.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 06, 2008 07:15PM

There can be many causes. Working on your diet...and simplifying it...is always good. Look to ANY/ALL chemicals....or make up that you may be using or exposed to. Try avoiding ALL (and I do mean ALL) chemical exposure for a couple of weeks. You COULD even live in a tent in your backyard for 3 days and see if your condition is aleviated.

I'm assuming you do not wear contact lenses...which opens up another can o worms (in my own personal experience).

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: May 06, 2008 07:27PM

I'd guess it's Sodium Toxicity, or some Food reaction.....WY

Posted by: veganathlete ()
Date: May 06, 2008 10:16PM

This use to happen to me all the time...well I guess it still happens to me sometimes. It was several things that caused them to swell for me - cat hair, chemicals, and mold.

Well good luck with finding it out smiling smiley

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: May 07, 2008 12:00AM

I only get these if I've been crying in my sleep. The swollen eyes are usually the only indicator that I cried. I didn't know that I was crying in my sleep until about 6 months ago. It was then that I connected the swollen eyes to the crying during nightmares or dreams. This might not be your case.

Did you check out if you are allergic to the fillers in your pillow, etc.? I know that some people are allergic to down, etc.

Good luck.
Therese

Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: May 07, 2008 12:17AM

My mother has the same problem. Hers is triggered by cat dander and it gets so bad that it gives her a "frog eyed" appearance. She had to find another home for her cat and it went away.

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: May 07, 2008 10:08AM

WY: sodium toxicity? can you please elaborate on this? i'm going to google it right now, too.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: May 07, 2008 02:45PM

When I stayed at a friend's house for a few days my eyes swelled up on top and bottom. I had never had anything like that before. I had swollen eyes from too much salt before, but this was different. It turned out that her house was infested with mold. Her whole family developed crazy symptoms and had to move.

Date: May 07, 2008 04:51PM

David, I do wear lenses but not often. Maybe once a week. But there are times when I havent worn them for months and it still happens. I do not wear any makeup and am not sure how to avoid chemical exposure. How do I do that?

Date: May 07, 2008 04:55PM

Thanks for the advice. I will be mindful of my sodium intake, look for mold in my house and switch to organic detergent, and sheets to see if that helps.

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: May 07, 2008 09:00PM

You could try Maggie's Soap Nuts as a detergent. they are little fruit that grow on trees. You throw them in with the wash. Work great and completely natural. You can get them on amazon.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables