Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Natural gas..a poison to others like me? Help?!
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: May 10, 2008 08:25AM

This is what I posted tonight on my raw food diary..anyone have the same symptoms at night from using their natural gas?
Date: May 10, 2008 04:22AM

I have overnight kids tonight, and it's 1:10 am now..and I have such terrible symptoms in my right hand..it feels like a ballon being blown up and it's going to burst..and I know it's the natural gas because I have it on up around 72 degrees so they won't get cold. It's painful and so obvious to me I'm going to cry and be so sorry for myself right now.

When I cover my face with the sheet and breath in for around 5 minutes the symptoms get somewhat relieved..and I could try the mask..but they are getting picked up soon and I'll be turning off the heat and I know my symptoms will go away then. What is in the natural gas that I can't stand? It's got to do with respiratory, then pulmonary, then goes to my right side..and my extremities which is the fingertips, fingers, hand, and arm. There is no carbon monoxide in the pipes, or furnace I'm told. There is no gas leak as I don't smell the gas leak. I know I'm very sensitive to that smell.

I hate this..I hate the gas, it's got to be something that the heater does..even if it's secondary like a catalyst of something in the attached garage, emissions at night that come in from the gas company..something that only happens when the heat is on and running. I have the kitchen window wide open right now, and I'm next to it where the computer desk is nearby. My hand is slowly tingling and the feeling is coming back and I'm feeling less agitated and feeling better..but I'm totally freaked by this. I've been breathing in toxic something all winter! Sh!t..really..I'm very very unhappy about this.

I will have to not run the heat, buy firewood for next winter and not use the main furnace. Except that the water heater runs on natural gas too..oh gosh..I don't know what to do, or how much the water heater would be affecting me because it doesn't come into the house as a source..only as heated water. The gas gets blown into the house. My hand is almost back to normal..and I know now for a fact the natural gas in some way is having an adverse effect on me.

I'm taking suggestions!

Love,
Prism

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Natural gas..a poison to others like me? Help?!
Posted by: hyldemoer ()
Date: May 11, 2008 02:49AM

Prism Wrote:

> I have overnight kids tonight, and it's 1:10 am
> now..and I have such terrible symptoms in

I know this sounds weird but maybe your body is telling you it wants to be asleep in bed at that time of the night so your liver can do its job of purifying your blood.

Re: Natural gas..a poison to others like me? Help?!
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: May 11, 2008 04:21AM

Using logic I also would want to be asleep at that time of night..but due to my symptoms that worsened they woke me and I could not sleep due to the feeling of impeding doom for my right hand!

No matter the amount of raw foods, you ain't gonna be aided if you are being poisoned in the night while you are doing your sleeping!

So, now I've got it figured out, and I can now and am lessoning the symptoms..no more heating turned on is first and foremost. Now I can get to a point of actually sleeping during the best hours of night to do some rejuvenation..yeah for that!

I also want to find out if anyone else has experienced some of same symptoms from same type of source..burning of fossil fuels, in particular natural gas.

I would like to heal and dispel the toxins that have built up, more than likely in my respiratory, pulmonary, and circulatory, and lymph systems. So, lots of fresh air, green juices, clean water, deep breathing, and some herbs to help detoxify to a greater degree. I have some dandelion roots that are about dried and ready to pound into a powder which I'm going to mix 1 teaspoon into water and or juice and see how that helps out. I have and am letting my intuition guide me and it has been wiser than I many times over.

Love,
Prism

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables