Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Twirling
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: May 11, 2008 06:51PM

Does anyone use twirling to stimulate the movement their lymphatic system ? By twirling I mean spinning around and around in a circle as if you are a human spinning top first going one way and then going the other way (clockwise ---> counterclockwise).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Twirling
Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: May 11, 2008 07:22PM

Yikes.

I'd rather have a massage or do some yoga.

I'm getting dizzy just thinking about it.

smiling smiley

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: May 11, 2008 07:51PM

My kids do it but I don't know why.

Posted by: hyldemoer ()
Date: May 11, 2008 08:01PM

Twirling? What you're describing would create a mild gravitational pull towards the extremities (arms at least) which is the exact opposite of what you'd want to do.
(Twirling does have a place in physical exercise though I think its more directed towards a physical manipulation of energy flowing through the Chakras.)

The massage technique that is marketed as "manual lymph drainage" is an extremely light touch massage where first the lymph nodes in the chest are massaged to encourage blockages to open up and then the lymph channels leading to those nodes are gently massaged. The process gradually proceeds through out the whole body and is ultimately designed to encourage lymph to enter back into the cardiovascular system at the Vena cava.

All that form of massage is gently towards the heart, not away from it.

Besides a massage, any total body exercise would work. It doesn't have to be strenuous. If you go for a walk, swing your arms a bit.

I used to think dry brushing the skin was just for exfoliation. Then I realized that when doing skin brushing the usual suggestion was to brush towards the heart.
Well, there you have it; a gentle manual lymph drainage.

Date: May 11, 2008 08:10PM

hyldemoer -- Your post makes sense. Thanks.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 11, 2008 08:54PM

I've done it. It can't hoiwt. winking smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: hyldemoer ()
Date: May 11, 2008 10:46PM

Yeah, can't hurt.
One of my Western anatomy/physiology teachers at an Asian bodywork therapy school tacked a manual lymph drainage session onto her A&P class when we were studying the lymphatic system.

She spent an hour or so walking us, partnered with another student, through it so we could get a clearer picture of the system as a whole.

As we did it and shortly afterwards, I've got to admit I didn't think much of the therapy. I'm more used to more physically intensive therapies. I was expecting instant results.

Just how wonderful it was didn't hit me until later that night, or should I say the next morning because I slept like a baby that night and woke up the next morning feeling 20 years younger.

When I got to class the next morning I discovered quite a few of my fellow class mates had a similar experience and were signing up for a couple days during the week class on MLD that the teacher had decided to offer.

But back to the subject of physically spinning around. I mentioned that I thought that movement was more related to manipulation of the Chakras.
Try running a search engine using the words _five Tibetan rites_ and/or _peter kelder_.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2008 10:47PM by hyldemoer.

Date: May 11, 2008 11:27PM

Interesting. I've never heard of twirling before. I've seen kids do it. Let us know if you try it, how it goes!

Lee

[www.dhamma.org]

Date: May 11, 2008 11:57PM

Posted by: hyldemoer (IP Logged)
Date: May 11, 2008 03:46PM

Try running a search engine using the words _five Tibetan rites_ and/or _peter kelder_.

I ran a search and all of the Rites are interesting especially the First Rite: [en.wikipedia.org]

Date: May 12, 2008 12:57AM

I justs checked out the wikipedia link. Thanks for sharing that.

I have heard of the Five Tibetan Rites and never really knew what they were. As a former chemo customer, I'd like to do whatever I can to cleanse my lymph system.

You guys rock!

Lee

http:/www.dhamma.org

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: May 12, 2008 01:22AM

EZ, You might try using a Rebounder for your lymphatic system in addition to the Tibetan Rites.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: May 12, 2008 02:11AM

I was SUCH a twirler!!

Some days I wonder why I stopped. I loved rolling down hills as a child, too!

Now, I dry brush. [www.naturalhealthtechniques.com] It's great for the lymph, and all you need is a brush. It did make my skin softer and has helped a bit with cellulite (I've been at it for many weeks now).

What do kids say when you ask them why they twirl...?

Date: May 12, 2008 02:53AM

Posted by: phantom (IP Logged)
Date: May 11, 2008 07:11PM

What do kids say when you ask them why they twirl...?

"I'm moving my lymph fluid" ?

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 12, 2008 12:52PM

yeah, i've twirled

it made me feel balanced

also a little bit of a rush

nice feeling

i like twirling in both directions

i'd like to sleep like a baby too

maybe i'll try the manual lymph massage as well

break my piggy bank ( hee heesmiling smiley

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: May 12, 2008 01:27PM

One of my favorite pastimes as a child and a bonding experience between me and my three year old! I does align the chakras. For lymph, do the dry brushing from the extermities to the heart before a shower.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables