Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

addicted to california baby`s calendula cream
Posted by: dewey ()
Date: June 21, 2008 12:39AM

i can`t get enough of this stuff!! the smell......must be the lavendar

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: addicted to california baby`s calendula cream
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: June 21, 2008 04:55AM

[www.californiababy.com]

It is made of marigold with essential oil of Lavender. You might just try buying some essential oil of Lavender and add some to coconut oil or shea butter, or coco butter, etc..you can whip the shea butter first. I like to melt some then whip it then add the essential oil of choice.

Love,
Prism

Date: June 21, 2008 06:33PM

Prism Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [www.californiababy.com]
> .html
>
> It is made of marigold with essential oil of
> Lavender. You might just try buying some essential
> oil of Lavender and add some to coconut oil or
> shea butter, or coco butter, etc..you can whip the
> shea butter first. I like to melt some then whip
> it then add the essential oil of choice.
>
> Love,
> Prism

thats a great idea.....it would probably be much better on my pocketbook since the cal baby is 11 dollars for a 2 oz jar my 9 year old suffers from very dry skin w/ excema outbreaks if i don`t keep it moistened. which cream do you feel would be better? thats the reason i got the calendula in the 1st place...because it has healing properties.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: June 21, 2008 06:50PM

I would try drying some marigold flowers, then once dry you can make an infusion of them. Just pour some boiling water over the flowers or flower petals and let steep for about 10 or 15 minutes, then strain and use some of that or all to pour into some shea butter to melt the shea butter, add a couple drops of tea tree oil if you want, then whip it up to consistency you like and add in a couple drops or whatever you like of an essential oil. I have one of those little hand held electric mixers that works really well in whipping the shea butter. If you want it thicker you can add some coco butter in it.

As for daughters eczema, try some B vitamins in liquid form which you can get from a health food store, B vits helped my son get rid of his. You might also try wrapping her legs or have her soak in a tub of water with some added seaweeds like Kelp, or Bladderwrack.

Love,
Prism

Date: June 21, 2008 08:13PM

thanks so much prism smiling smiley you are a joy smiling smiley
patty

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables