Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Posted by: Rawtastic ()
Date: July 01, 2008 01:18AM

Anyone else dealing with this?

Being raw mostly removes my main avenue of self medication- sad food! Now I find that I turn to fatty foods when I'm feeling anxious. I'm trying to stop that. I'm in therapy (I was before this happened) but I think I need to switch to a trauma based therapist.

I keep having panic attacks. My trauma was hospital based and I'm not completely healed yet and when I'm reminded of that, I have a serious attack. It's been getting better, but I was wondering what others are doing/have done.

I need to meditate more, but with a 3 yr old to take care of that doesn't often happen. I have a lovely guided meditation/theta wave cd that I need to use more too. I would love to learn vipasssana meditation, but I cannot be away from my son for that long. I'm not cleared for yoga yet.

Peace.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: July 01, 2008 05:48AM

`Hello Rawastic, Yes I have been diagnosed with PTSD by the VA and I know about ` `atacks a smell a noise a face from back then that looks like? can throw your `mind in a spin back to#$%^When I feel freaky or panic I try to walk a bit then I `will pick up a poetry book or my zen hand book or look at nature , somthing That `I like to do or see. I try to breath `deep and slow when full blown atack Also `a therapist who makes you feel some what at ease and knows the runnings of Post `tramtic stress.
Support groups for ptsd can be a very good thing a lot of my va friends go to `support and it helps them in dealing with atacks a whole lot.
Im lucky I have a good friend I feel I can talk about how I feel.
It is very important for you to be able to talk about your feelings and anxiety
I have been told by va shrinks that my ptsd is incurable, but can be treated.
I also have a native friend a black foot she says ptsd is curable, it is an `imbalance between left and right side of brain caused by trama, she will work a `triangle area of `face to figure balance and adjust from that reading, I will be `trying this soon
after I go thru adjustment I will post on ptsd subject my results
Remeber you are not alone and a lot of folks understand
Hang in, there stay, strong lots of good healing energy your way
Peace to all

Re: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Posted by: Rawtastic ()
Date: July 02, 2008 04:18AM

Thanks so much for the reply. I'm better when I'm busy so I'm trying to sty that way. I'm also hoping that it's emotional detox making it worse in the short term while on the way to long term healing. Would love to hear about your adjustment- is it something like cranio-sacral therapy?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables