Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

tampons
Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 13, 2008 03:54PM

what type do you use if any?
patty

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: tampons
Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: July 14, 2008 04:53AM

Seventh generation or Natracare -- both are organic. I'm counting the days until I no longer need them (turning 47 next month -- will it EVER end?????)

Posted by: Duo ()
Date: July 14, 2008 05:21AM

(now im nursing, and havent gotten it yet) but I used to use Diva- Cup if I had go out, but preferred the "bleeding hut" method...havent tried sea sponges, but will possible look into that

Date: July 14, 2008 02:34PM

Sundancer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Seventh generation or Natracare -- both are
> organic. I'm counting the days until I no longer
> need them (turning 47 next month -- will it EVER
> end?????)
do they work well? clotting is huge for me and i can`t wait til i`m done either!
patty

Date: July 15, 2008 03:43AM

I can't tell the difference between the two, and they both work pretty well.

Date: July 15, 2008 03:35PM

Sundancer Wrote:
> I can't tell the difference between the two, and
> they both work pretty well.

thanks, i`ll give them a shot
patty

Posted by: Joanne81 ()
Date: July 15, 2008 08:30PM

I use the Diva Cup. I LOVE it.

[www.divacup.com]

Date: July 17, 2008 11:05PM

so i ordered the diva cup yesterday....and got my period today LOL. i bought something resembling the diva cup called instead. they are disposable though, not reusable so the waste thing still gets me unless it`s biodegradable or something. anyhoo, so far no leaky!! LOL

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 19, 2008 03:34AM

diva cup! i like it much better than the keeper. the sea sponge is most unsanitary not to mention unvegan. and smelly too, ewww!

Date: July 20, 2008 03:02AM

Tampons
What's in that tampon you're using?
What You Don't Know Could Hurt You!

Tampons, Dioxin, and Endometriosis
Click here to see the data of the Playtex tampons I had tested for dioxin....

I don't know how to post this with all the necessary links so can you read it here...

GREENASCENSION.TK

Instead is a great alternative :=)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2008 03:06AM by amazonwymn.

Date: July 20, 2008 03:11AM

Bleeding hut remark reminds me of The Red Tent
Anyone read that book?

Duo Wrote:
> (now im nursing, and havent gotten it yet) but I
> used to use Diva- Cup if I had go out, but
> preferred the "bleeding hut" method...

Date: July 20, 2008 03:22AM

> Duo Wrote:

> > preferred the "bleeding hut" method...

never heard this term?
patty

Date: July 20, 2008 03:41AM

I just bought the book at a yard sale today and started reading it. I haven't gotten very far yet, but it's interesting.

Date: July 20, 2008 03:47PM

such a good book. prepare for tears.

Date: July 20, 2008 04:06PM

I use Naturacare and other unbleached towels (when I can find them). I've never liked the idea of tampons, but can appreciate why people use them.

I own a Mooncup (like a Keeper) but I wasn't sure if I was using it properly so gave up in the end!

Like Coco said, avoid sponges!
[en.wikipedia.org]

Date: July 20, 2008 04:36PM

instead worked pretty good. i did have a couple "accidents" but that was probably due to user error LOL. the diva cup came yesterday and i`m having a hard time "spinning" it like you`re supposed to. wish i woulda thought of this at the beginning of summer so i would`ve had 3 months of practice before school started and i had to go back to work. my flow isn`t heavy but i have big clots which is why tampons don`t work real well the first day or so of my cycle.

Date: July 20, 2008 05:51PM

How long did it take to get it so it felt like it was in the right place? I tried for ages and it still felt like I had a giant spinning top stuck in there! ;-)

Date: July 20, 2008 06:07PM

a few times. but like i said, i can`t get it to turn one whole rotation so i`m not sure if it`s in the right spot or not and my flow is real light so....
patty

Posted by: Joanne81 ()
Date: July 21, 2008 06:46AM

It took a little while getting the hang of it, but I am glad that I did. You can tell if it in correctly when it is comfortable and working. I suggest wearing a pad with it, until you get a feel for it. The rotation thing wasn't working for me. I fold it in half, push it far, after it opens I push it from the bottom a little more. I then pull it slightly. When I pull it, I can feel the resistance and can tell if it is in right. This is just what works for me and I don't know if it would work for others. I have gotten a feel for it and it is really easy at this point. Some may find that it isn't for them, but for me it's been great.

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: July 26, 2008 09:27PM

I'm still using Tampax..

Just cause I can't find any other brand that makes LITES. But if anyone knows of any that are small, thin, LITE..then let me know.

I hate pads.

Posted by: Duo ()
Date: July 30, 2008 02:32AM

Sorry for the sea sponge note---- (Douy!..)

Would I be hijacking this thread if I asked does anyone not get their period, and are of usual menstrual age? I thought I remember a post about periods being a form of detox.. could someone point me to that thread?

My "bleeding hut" was actually a converted chicken house which was perfect for meditation, ritual stuff, and dancing. A woman just does what she feels like, while your body cycles as it will. So you either will be sqeamish and have an unpleasant time, or have an empowering and semi-strange time with life force trickling from you, back down to the earth.

I found that when using "protection" my periods could last a week. When in my hut, I rarely spent more than 2 days... hmmmmm right?

Date: July 30, 2008 01:55PM

there is an entire thread dedicated to diva cup and keeper discussion in the bust.com lounge (a very good feminist website). it can take a bit to get it right but they are the most comfortable things ever once you do. i regularly forget that i am even having a period, it's pretty cool. i did cut the stick on the end off of mine, some people leave it or trim it but i found it very irritating. and you have to be pretty comfortable and familiar with your body to you an insertable product like that. you need to get very "friendly" with yourself!

Date: July 31, 2008 02:03AM

thanks for the link coco i`ll check it out. w/out the tip how did you grab the slippery bugger? i`d be worried it`d get lost LOL
patty

Date: July 31, 2008 03:12AM

i just reach in and grab it. flexing those muscles (bearing down) in a partial squat (one knee elevated) can push it down some as well. i am not too afraid to really reach in either, i know it's all stretchy down there, i pushed two babies out after all!
once you have a grip pinch and tilt to break the seal, twist if neccessary. it's not too hard.

Posted by: RawSun ()
Date: August 14, 2008 07:14PM

The diva cup is very user friendly. It comes in two different sizes, one for those who haven't had babies yet, the other for those who have. I hated tampons and used pads mostly before I found the diva cup. Now I use the diva cup and lunapads. Check out
www.lunapads.com, Canadian company selling reusable pads, including hemp and organic cotton fabrics. They also sell the diva cup.

Sunflower
Raw Food Chef and Writer
Comfortably Raw
[www.comfortablyraw.com]

Date: August 15, 2008 12:13AM

those sizes are crap. i have two babies and still take a size small!

Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: August 20, 2008 03:16PM

coco Wrote:
> you need to get very "friendly"
> with yourself!

it helps to get very friendly with yourself. aside from just loving myself completely, i really began appreciating why men so appreciate being in there. it's pretty amazing, muscles, texture all of that. and what a nice way to come into the world and take our first breath...all cozy and warm. lol.

Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: August 20, 2008 03:18PM

i use seventh generation cotton tampons and prefer the pads at night. my cycle is really, really light now after going raw though - it's so nice, no more cramps, clotting, bitchy emotional reactions. All gone. :-D

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables