Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Mouth and Throuat Blisters--Help!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 21, 2008 04:41PM

Hello there,

I am a 23-year-old female who has been fully raw for 5 weeks without issues. In fact, I've been feeling better than ever! Except...about two days ago, I developed a host of sores/blisters all over the back of my tongue, tonsils, and throat. After doing a good bit of reading and comparing my condition with photos online, I've come to the conclusion that it's likely a case of oral thrush.

I'm hesitant to go to my regular doctor (don't want antibiotics!) but am in a good bit of throat and mouth pain and not sure what to do.

A little bit about my current diet for reference: my average day's eating would look like a spinach and banana smoothie for breakfast, a blended veggie soup or salad for lunch and dunner, and fruits and veggies for snacks in between. I am vegan except for a glass of raw milk kefir once a day. Fruit-wise, I probably consume 2 bananas, 1 apple, 1 citrus fruit, and some berries on average throughout the day. I do take a multivitamin every morning, as well as some flax oil and a crushed calcium supplement.

I imagine I'll likely get the response that "this is your body detoxing," but (call me cynical) it seems like this is the blanktd response for a lot of maladies experienced by folks while eating raw!

Any other thoughts? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mouth and Throuat Blisters--Help!
Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: July 21, 2008 06:50PM

Thrush is a yeast (fungal) infection. Eat well, eat raw garlic (I blend it in my soups or make pesto), probiotic foods; stay away from (or minimize) sweet fruit, fermented foods and mushrooms (they harbor yeast). Good luck.

[www.alternative-medicine-info.com]

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: July 23, 2008 04:11AM

Try eating a couple kiwi everyday for just a day or two..if it works let us know.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 27, 2008 03:40PM

Thanks for the advice! I have been following a low-sugar diet for about a week (except for eating a couple of kiwis every day) and have no more pain in my throat. The blisters aren't totally gone yet, but they are shrinking.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: July 30, 2008 03:52AM

Then do you think the kiwis are helping? I"m glad you are much better.

I used to get canker sores all the time, but haven't had them since going raw..mostly raw daily but for 1 small meal that might have something cooked in it. It's what I don't eat that is big deal with me..I just won't eat or drink certain (most) junk foods if not all. Mostly I try to go zero tolerance for anything junky.

Love,
Prism

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables