Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Leather furniture?
Posted by: dinesh75 ()
Date: July 30, 2008 02:02PM

Hey guys,

I am planning to buy some used furniture.

I wanted to buy something that is very easy to clean and maintain as I am a lazy bum. What kind of sofa is easiest to clean. From the feedback I got so far, leather is easy. I'd rather not buy leather if I don't have to. What do the forum gurus think?

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Leather furniture?
Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: July 30, 2008 03:53PM

`I used to like leather easy to clean feels nice, but the animal may have been `killed for its hide, with all the animal suffering going on I think we should `avoid the products that take life from thinking feeling loving animals.
trow mats, a good used rug nice music, and the world spins round.
good luck on the finding the right things, used is your best bet.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: July 30, 2008 08:20PM

I like my futon. It is natural, vegan, comfy (I have the fat mattress and it makes all the difference), has a slipcover that can be washed, and people can sleep on it when they stay over.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 31, 2008 03:15AM

i hate leather or leather like furniture, it's so awful. in my step dad's car my thighs are always sticking to the seat, so not comfortable! and it's cold in winter, and slippery too!
a slip cover is a terrific idea! and a varieted pattern (like a tweed) hides marks and stains pretty well.
i have afghans and other throws over some of our furniture, it protects it and hides any spots too.

Posted by: dinesh75 ()
Date: July 31, 2008 01:29PM

All right.

So I will buy a used futon. Any tips on what I should look for?

Can i buy the slip cover in the market for any futon? or is it futon make specific?

Posted by: RawSun ()
Date: August 14, 2008 07:10PM

Ikea is quite environmentally conscious. They have futons with washable covers and couches with washable covers. They also have some with imitation leather, easy to wipe clean without any animal suffering.

Sunflower
Raw Food Chef and Writer
Comfortably Raw
[www.comfortablyraw.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables