Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Headache
Posted by: Joanne81 ()
Date: August 07, 2008 05:37PM

I get headaches sometimes (like right now) which make me feel like I am in a fog. It is incredibly hard to concentrate. I used to drink coffee to relieve them but I have completely given it up. It wasn't an addiction to coffee that brought them on because I only drank it on occations that I had a headache (maybe a couple times a month). For some reason coffee knocked out the headache instantly. I think my health is otherwise good. I am completely raw and get a decent amount of exercise. I am not sure what to do to feel better. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Headache
Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 08, 2008 02:29PM

"The ability of caffeine to close the blood vessels is why many pain relievers contain caffeine. If a person has a vascular headache, the caffeine in the medicine will shut down the blood vessels, thus easing the pain."

i can get headaches from eye strain, lack of hydration etc
maybe cacao but that`s still caffeine
patty

Posted by: zella ()
Date: August 19, 2008 01:11AM

make a headache chart.

write down the days you get them and what foods you ate each day.

this helped me realize caffeine, alcohol, and cigarettes gave me a headache. then later after going raw..sugar and certain processed food.

It also helped me realize that I had headaches the day before my period. When first started documenting, I had one in the middle of my cycle and during.

Now I still document. I am 1 year raw. Not always 100% but lots of juice and green smoothies.And only get one a month. And it's not that bad at all. As opposed to 4 or 5 really bad 24 hour ones.

So, document them and see what you find out.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 19, 2008 01:21AM

because i occasionally get migraines when i feel a bad headache coming on i take a pain killer. it's either that or a trip to the hospital for iv drugs. for me i am triggered by air pressure so it's not something in my diet. luckily i don't suffer from them very often and sometimes if they aren't too bad and can pass out i can sleep it or at least most of it off.

Posted by: kratom712 ()
Date: August 19, 2008 05:00AM

you try salt or hyrdration i gave you links at other site

Posted by: Joanne81 ()
Date: August 20, 2008 06:19PM

Thanks zella. It is a great idea to chart my headaches. That will help me get a grasp on the cause. I will also try salt because it is definately not dehydration.

Date: October 04, 2008 10:41PM

95% of all headaches are caused by dehydration. The brain is about 90% water while the rest of your body is about 75% water. Your brain is the most important organ in the body and requires more water. Therefore, if you start to run low your brain is going to feel the effects first. Pain is intended to get your attention and works quite effectively, unfortunately. I TRY to stay hydrated, but sometimes get busy and the headache sets in. I usually try a combination of angstron sized electrolyte minerals first. It is like gatorade X's 1000, but no suger or other artificial ingredients. Also, I use some peppermint essential oil on my forehead, temples and any other place it hurts. Most of the itme the headache goes away within about 10 minutes if I do these thing as soon as I feel it coming on. Good luck!

Date: October 24, 2008 10:07PM

joanne i feel ya

i get headaches too

grass1122

Posted by: RawSun ()
Date: December 18, 2008 08:57PM

My husband used to get migraines triggered by bright lights, the sun gleaming on fresh snow, etc. Since going raw he no longer has them.

Sunflower
Raw Food Chef and Writer
Comfortably Raw
[www.comfortablyraw.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables