Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Zinc toxicity?
Posted by: rufio ()
Date: September 09, 2008 06:35PM

Is this possible? I take a zinc supplement (30mg) along with copper (2mg). I probably get enough zinc thru diet but I was told a zinc supplement is good for skin (I have problematic skin), and so I take it. Is it possible that over time this could result in toxicity?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Zinc toxicity?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 10, 2008 01:12AM

sure that's possible. i would suggest that supplements only be taken if they are actually needed. i wouldn't take zinc just to improve the skin, more pumpkin seeds will suffice!

Posted by: annex ()
Date: September 16, 2008 05:24AM

If I take zinc in tablets I have get a headache and have a weird metallic taste in my mouth. I think you can get too much zinc fairly easily.

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: September 16, 2008 04:51PM

zinc-
i learned that there is a group that sterilizes dogs in mexico and new mexico with a single zinc shot to the testicles. it's a cheap, easy and 99% effective way of permanent sterilization.

i would not overconsume zinc. it's not so effective on female dogs- sometimes repeated shots are necessary- but as long as the males are all incapable, it seems to be working.

just a note.

peace-

Posted by: stasia ()
Date: October 01, 2008 02:39PM

Her's something about tasting zinc:
[www.bestbuyuniforms.com]
"How can you tell if you are taking too much zinc?

Here is a simple test. Overdoses of zinc numb your taste buds to bitter flavor and metallic aftertastes. Zinc has a metallic taste. If you can't taste zinc, you don't need to take it! The benefits of zinc supplements are yours with just a small, regular dose."

I would also be concerned about the coper you are taking, I know you are taking it to balance the zinc and you can be deficient in copper, but you need to watch for copper toxicity too. These sites goes into that and lists the many ways excess copper can affect you: anemia, exzema, autism, pms, depresion, schizophrenia, stutering, senility.
[www.google.com]
[www.drlwilson.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 04, 2008 10:27PM

Almost ALL Zinc supplements on the market are a micron size particle. Although this is tiny, it is still 10,000 times too large for your cells to absorb. It is basically like eating a raw mineral or dirt with Zinc in it. A build up of these paticles that are too large can eventually result in heavy metal poisoning. The only Zinc that will NOT cause this is ANGSTROM sized Zinc. The reason being is that angstrom is the same size particle that is found in fruits and vegetables. This is what are bodies were designed to metabolize. Your body can actually USE the Zinc instead of storing it in your tissues or vital organ's, as is done when you consume the micron size. Also, with the angstom size, because your cells can absorb it, they can also release it if there is more than is needed by your body at the time. Zinc is a mineral that is VERY much needed by the human body. It can stop the replication of bacteria in it's tracks! It is also huge in growing/regrowing tissues.

Copper is a good mineral too, but only if it is the right particle size (angstrom). It it very good for restoring the elasticity of your skin, muscles and arterial system. Again, with angstrom size, any that is unneeded can be released from your system. Good luck to you!

I use a liquid mixture of Copper, Zinc, Magnesium, Sulfer and Vitamin C as an anti-wrinkle spray for my face. It works great!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables