Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Need advise (Gum diease)
Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: September 20, 2008 06:02AM

I went for a cleaning today at the VA dental clinic, and was told I have gum `diease, I have been told in order to save the teeth I have left they may want to `cut the gums?? also they want me to use a mouth wash biotene contains 3 `antibacterial enzmyes, I have a dry mouth problem when I sleep, had my large `saliva gland-Paritod gland cut out because of tumor, but the doc says that `should `not be the dry mouth problem because the other saliva gland picks up `for the `lose of the one? I think I need to find natural enzmyes, to fight this?
Almost time for me to get on an iceflow,
`I better hurry global warming, any advise I would be most grateful.
peace rhb

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need advise (Gum diease)
Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: September 20, 2008 03:41PM

I don't know if this will help you, but I had unhealthy gums for years - not the same problem as you, but my gums used to be very sensitive and bleed easily.

When I was diagnosed with cancer a few years ago, my naturopath recommended that I start using a product called "Cellfood" - you just put a few drops into water or juice a few times a day. I wasn't even thinking about my gums at that time.

On my very next trip to the dentist, my hygenist was astonished at my healthy pink gums - I never expected that to happen, but I have not had a single gum problems since (unless I go off the Cellfood for too long). (As another bonus, I healed from my surgeries amazingly quickly!)

It's definitely harmless, just an oxygen / nutritional supplement, and it's probably readily available at your local health food store, and also available on line through several websites. I pay about $40 (CDN) a bottle, but someone told me you can find it for a bit less on line, so shop around. It contains a lot of minerals and enzymes and stuff, so I don't know what has caused this change, but whatever it is, I love it!

Hope you find something that helps,

Sapphire

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: September 20, 2008 04:08PM

Sapphire, thankyou I an going out today to for cellfood,

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 20, 2008 08:56PM

thanks saf, i'll look that stuff up too. we use biotene to rinse, we have soft teeth and i'll do any and everything to keep them healthy.

Posted by: annex ()
Date: September 22, 2008 01:24PM

I know this sounds really obvious, but when I started flossing everyday that helped me with my gums quite a bit.

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: September 22, 2008 04:32PM

That's a very good point annex (at least for what was wrong with me - riverhouse bill seems to be a different story).

The truth is, for years, every time I went to the hygenist, they told me I needed to start flossing and it would solve the problem. But the truth was, I WAS flossing - every single day. And it would make my mouth bleed. I would eat an apple, and it would make my mouth bleed. I would spit out the toothpaste when I brushed my teeth, and the spit would be pink. No amount of flossing helped, for over ten years I tried. No hygenist would believe me. I even demonstrated my flossing to them to see if I was doing it wrong, but I wasn't. I finally accepted that my gums would always be a problem for me.

But according to the reaction I have had from every single dental hygenist I have ever met, that flossing thing ought to work for most people. I don't know why it didn't work for me, but in my case it all started with my pregnancies (I had four babies and four miscarriages in under five years, must have damaged or depleted me somehow.)

Sapphire

Posted by: stasia ()
Date: October 01, 2008 03:54AM

Sapphire, so how long does a $40 bottle last you? Cellfood sounds interesting!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables