Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What's the difference between breatharian
Posted by: wendysmiling ()
Date: October 15, 2008 09:25PM

and anorexia? Not disrespecting.. I just want to understand. They both are choosing not to eat, correct? Breatharian may be a choice and anorexia nervosa a compulsion, but doesn't the body go through the same things and end the same way?

WendySmiling in Oklahoma
www.16weeks2health.blogspot.com
12/17/10.......240/155/125

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What's the difference between breatharian
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 15, 2008 09:33PM

In the former you have all the positive energy you need and are content. In the other, one seeks to 'control' energy flow and 'deprive' one's self by not eating.

-There are some who believe that 'mechanistics' make the man. Ergo: manipulate the circumstances and you make the man.....and all men will react the same to the same set of circumstances and manipulation.

-If one is of the mindset that a very unconscious person will be deprived of food and starve....and a VERY conscious person will be deprived of food and also starve.....then there is no difference. If you are of the frame of mind that man can create his own reality....to any degree....then there is a world of difference.

-Those that are negative can punish themselves....and deprive themselves....with even the healthiest lifestyles. While those of a positive mindset will derive great learning from even the most negative circumstances.

-The very positive will freely assist in even the most negative circumstances.....and show compassion to the most negative people....while those that are still dealing with issues will manage to find fault in even wonderful situations and people. Don't you think?

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: richard blackman ()
Date: October 15, 2008 09:47PM

Breatharianism is a most beautifull thing and is nothing like anorexia, that's like saying raw veganism is an eating disorder.

Breatharianism is a dietary progression from Raw veganism, Fruitarianism and liquidarianism that takes many, many, many years of conscious loving intent and cleansing to reach and when done properly has nothing to do with purposely restricting yourself from food, not feeling the need eat simply comes natural therefore there is no need to impose restrictions with the intention of causing suffering, etc.

Hope that help.

RB

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: October 15, 2008 11:38PM

If you look at the science behind it; it's the same damn thing. The body's nutrient sources go away and the same "high" feeling is from different deficiencies etc. I'm not a doctor, but I think any scientist might agree. I know, there could be some amazing person out there who says it works for them or it's got to do with mind set or whatever..and that's totally possible. But me, leaning towards science, I would have to break a chain in believing in something that isn't provable - and say..Yeah..they're pretty much the same thing physically. Even a lot of raw foodists it seems get way too into what they're eating and how long they're going to live, kind of past being healthy, just because it's not incredibly socially accepted right now and requires so much information be done to find out about it. It really CAN affect your social side and your mind..for some people. Not everyone though. But yeah. Some people do get way too into it and forget about socializing, or really cause health problems (either mentally or physically)

There's a good side to everything of course. I just seem like a pessimist, but it's all about looking on both sides. So I could totally support it if i knew everything good about it, but there's always some conflicting info out there that's as good enough to read (most of the time).

Date: October 16, 2008 01:10AM

iLIVE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you look at the science behind it; it's the
> same damn thing. The body's nutrient sources go
> away and the same "high" feeling is from different
> deficiencies etc. I'm not a doctor, but I think
> any scientist might agree. I know, there could be
> some amazing person out there who says it works
> for them or it's got to do with mind set or
> whatever..and that's totally possible. But me,
> leaning towards science, I would have to break a
> chain in believing in something that isn't
> provable - and say..Yeah..they're pretty much the
> same thing physically. Even a lot of raw foodists
> it seems get way too into what they're eating and
> how long they're going to live, kind of past being
> healthy, just because it's not incredibly socially
> accepted right now and requires so much
> information be done to find out about it. It
> really CAN affect your social side and your
> mind..for some people. Not everyone though. But
> yeah. Some people do get way too into it and
> forget about socializing, or really cause health
> problems (either mentally or physically)
>
> There's a good side to everything of course. I
> just seem like a pessimist, but it's all about
> looking on both sides. So I could totally support
> it if i knew everything good about it, but there's
> always some conflicting info out there that's as
> good enough to read (most of the time).

I think the term breatharian is mis-leading because your actually breathing in liquid/vapers, I prefer to use the term Liquidarian.

Like I said, Breatharianism is a progression that takes many, many, many years to reach and goes beyond the understanding of many people, unless you practice it and experience for yourself and even then you have to be totally ready inorder to be successful. like anything else people will do things when they are not ready and mess up and quit, then blame the diet/lifestyle, etc, which is why there's so much conflicting info and it's the same for raw veganism too.

From my own experience Breatharians do not feel "high" infact your very much grounded. With breatharianism the body produces what it needs by recycling and getting nutrients from the elements of nature such as the sun and water vapers from the air we breath often times with the quality of the air and with the use of air conditioning drinking water is sometimes needed to supplement the volume you cannot get from the air. I'm talking from experience and not hearsay/articles so don't ask me to provide mainstream scientific evidence as science has not yet figured any of this out yet.

If Breatharianism was the same as being an anorexic then I wouldn't practice it and I wouldn't be able to progress with it.

RB

Posted by: ecjames1120 ()
Date: October 16, 2008 01:47AM

Can someone tell me where I can find out more information on breatharians? I would like to know more of the science/philsophy behind it.

Date: October 16, 2008 01:59AM

ecjames1120 Wrote:
> Can someone tell me where I can find out more
> information on breatharians? I would like to know
> more of the science/philsophy behind it.

You can google it but be aware that just like Fruitarianism there isn't alot of good info out there about it, some of it is just too opinionated and elitist, the best info I've seen so far is from a guy called Jack Davis and he gives his own personal account of his experience, Kwan who's a member here has the link to his site, if she sees this thread she may still have it.

Just to add my 2 cents I don't believe Breatharianism can be taught or coached like some people try to do, to me if you have to be coached then your not ready for it, it's a very personal rite of passage for those that are ready.

RB

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: October 16, 2008 03:01AM

For a good overview of breatharianism, check out [breatharian.info]. There is a PDF at the bottom of the page with some detailed information.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2008 03:03AM by Bryan.

Posted by: meganbubbs ()
Date: October 16, 2008 04:06AM

Anorexia is a disease. Wanting and wanting to be thinner even though you know logically that you are unhealthy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2008 04:08AM by meganbubbs.

Posted by: fruitgirl ()
Date: October 16, 2008 05:07AM

an anorexics goal is skeletal thinness
a breatharians goal is enlightenment

Posted by: Ariel55 ()
Date: October 16, 2008 11:23AM

I agree with all expressed so far on breathariansm being the opposite of anorexia.

Here is another good link with links to information, ie explaining different types of breatharianism ie light, prana and sunlight etc

[www.angelfire.com]

Date: October 16, 2008 11:29AM

Also a couple of books I found interesting one by jasmuheen on nourishment from the energy field

[www.amazon.com]

and the other by a scientist who does not eat

life from light [www.amazon.com]

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: October 16, 2008 07:39PM

David Z, thank you for your wonderful post. That hit home in many ways.

Posted by: wendysmiling ()
Date: October 17, 2008 01:23AM

Very enlightening!
:-)

WendySmiling in Oklahoma
www.16weeks2health.blogspot.com
12/17/10.......240/155/125

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: October 17, 2008 03:20AM

But, we aren't born breatharians, are we? We are born needing to eat every two hours or so, with similar eating patterns to a fruitarian.

Date: October 17, 2008 04:02AM

Lillianswan Wrote:
> But, we aren't born breatharians, are we? We are
> born needing to eat every two hours or so, with
> similar eating patterns to a fruitarian.

We are not born eating Fruit, were born as Liquidarians...and as adults we chew our food until it's liquid, they also say that we are made up of roughly 75% water.

As I said in a previous post I think the label Breatharian is a little mis-leading as water/vapers from the air is also used by the body.

RB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2008 04:04AM by richard blackman.

Posted by: stylestacey ()
Date: October 17, 2008 07:59AM

can one survive as a Liquidarian/breatharian for a long time? or can you only go in stints?

Date: October 17, 2008 01:00PM

stylestacey Wrote:
> can one survive as a Liquidarian/breatharian for a
> long time? or can you only go in stints?

If you've spent years progressing towards it and your body is totally ready for it, why shouldn't one be able to thrive as a Liquidarian/breatharian indefinately?

The issues only begin when people are not mentally and physically ready.

RB

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: October 17, 2008 02:15PM

>But, we aren't born breatharians, are we? We are born needing to eat every two hours or so, with similar eating patterns to a fruitarian.<

We're not born breatharian, but human evolution allows if the right conditions are met.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: October 17, 2008 02:56PM

Are there any breatharian animals? I can think of things like mold that seem to be breatharians, or at least they grow without soil and just in damp places (like the shower and in windows.)

Date: October 17, 2008 03:37PM

Lillianswan Wrote:
> Are there any breatharian animals? I can think of
> things like mold that seem to be breatharians, or
> at least they grow without soil and just in damp
> places (like the shower and in windows.)

If memory serves me right there's some animals/fish from the sea that don't eat, I can't remember the name.

RB

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: October 18, 2008 04:21AM

I try to keep an open mind on breatharianism (there's some fascinating material on it in 'Man's Higher Consciousness' by Hilton Hotema).

However, recently, I read somewhere that apparently some 'breatharians' DO eat very occasionally - it's simply that it's a choice thing but they don't HAVE to eat (!!!!!)

Bit like people who say they're raw foodists, but still eat cooked food. Or those who say they're vegetarians but eat fish. Or vegans, but have honey, etc etc.

NOT wishing to get into a debate on any of the above - just drawing comparisons on the subject of definitions, blurring of boundaries.

It's just that that's what I read recently about breatharians (wish I could remember where) and was...surprised.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 18, 2008 06:37AM

all trees and plants are breatharians
practically

'cept for the moisture they take in their roots " water vapors"

Date: October 18, 2008 07:19AM

***all trees and plants are breatharians
practically

'cept for the moisture they take in their roots " water vapors"***

Plants also need sunlight to thrive, and some plants do not thrive without sunlight

Posted by: mameyluver ()
Date: October 18, 2008 08:42PM

If ONLY I could discipline myself enough ... I'd save so much money and the occasional aggravation of always wondering what to eat next ...

xoxo,
Lita

[paintedrenderings.blogspot.com]

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: October 19, 2008 05:55PM

It is overly simplistic to view anorexia as just the wish for excess thinness. Thinness is a symptom, yes, but I think it is much deeper than that. It is the inability to feel comfortable or at home in one's own body. (It is easy to then think 'thinness' could help since that is what society seems to favor.) The refusal of food, the battling of one's own body/sexuality/aliveness, the hatred of the image --- it is anger, really, directed against the self.

To make matters worse, once a starvation cycle is started, hormones and neurochemicals get tipped severely off balance and some of what happens in the brain mimics an addiction response. Plus, severe shortage of nutrients and electrolytes wreak havoc on feeling well and hence exacerbate the need to stop feeling - usually through further denial to ingest.

The goal in anorexia is to just survive, somehow. To survive, where one's own body feels like the enemy and the world seems like a horrible and frightening place.

In comparison to breatharianism my sense is this:
Anorexics do what they do to stop feeling, to numb out, to dissociate and be able to leave their body/the bigger web of life.
Breatharians do what they do to feel most intensely, to associate and be IN their bodies/the bigger web of life.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables