Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Anybody cycle here?
Posted by: meganbubbs ()
Date: November 12, 2008 06:14PM

Hey everyone,

How many people cycle on here? I used to get on my bike and ride for about 5 miles a day and since about may I have stopped completely. I want to get back into it for exercise mostely but also for the thrill. Does anybody have any tips that I can use to push myself in that direction? Even Today I have a couple of movies to return, an easy ride away, but I am fighting myself to get out there and do it, thinking I can just drive there afterwork, this is so bad. It's coming into winter, probably the least best season to ride in, and that seems to make me more hesitant to just get out there,the whole staying dry and comfortable thing. I hate the feeling of cold air blowing in my ears, it feezes me to the bone.

Anyway, do you have an inspirational story that would help me? Not the stories where you have crashed, almost been hit by a bad driver, but the kind where you love your bike and want to sleep next to it. Anything? What motivates you to go out in the winter and exercise outdoors?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anybody cycle here?
Posted by: RawSun ()
Date: December 18, 2008 08:49PM

I just bought a recumbent exercise bike and have been using it daily and loving it!

I live in a small town in Northern Canada, so there is no gym and exercise outside is not an option for a great part of the year. I am pregnant and like I said absolutely loving my exercise bike, it's keeping me active, and I make improvements every day - that alone is great motivation.

Sunflower
Raw Food Chef and Writer
Comfortably Raw
[www.comfortablyraw.com]

Posted by: meganbubbs ()
Date: December 19, 2008 05:46PM

Thats great. I didn't know you lived in Cananda or that you are pregnant. Congratulations! I bet its nice to cycle indoors when it is cold outside. I like your website and all the yummy photos.

I have been meaning to post some photos of my bike on this thread, so hopefully I can do that soon.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 21, 2008 07:17PM

Yeah sometimes, but it is hard when I have to commute so far for work. I'm planning on doing a lot more riding now and going completely sober. I have been mostly successful so far, and it makes me feel good after having been poisoning myself for over 10 years.

I would just remember that you are capable of doing anything if you set your mind to it. Believe in yourself and be strong. Be positive. Don't take the path of least resistance and face the truth. These things will help all of us be more healthy, productive, peaceful and loving people. It is our strengths that propel us towards what is good for us and our weaknesses that do the opposite. So be strong!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 26, 2008 04:03AM

I cycle.

It's addictive.

You'll feel better than if you use a car.

I ride in the snow, sleet, rain, it's all good.

Ride safe!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables