Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Sleeping 10 hours a nightsmiling smiley
Posted by: Kombaiyashii ()
Date: December 08, 2008 07:39AM

I'm currently sleeping as much as I want...Last week I got in from work, had some dinner and then slept all the way through to the next day...

What are you experiences with sleep patterns on raw?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sleeping 10 hours a nightsmiling smiley
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: December 08, 2008 08:05AM

As part of my transitional phase, I needed a lot of sleep during one of my healing crises. During that time, I slept as much as 16 to 18 hours a day. After the crisis was over, my need for that much sleep disappeared.

One can't get too much sleep. If you are really not tired, you ought to wake up with lots of energy. If you don't wake up with lots of energy, that means you need more sleep.

Posted by: SurfinBird ()
Date: December 08, 2008 03:04PM

For me I don't need to sleep as much or as deep as I did on a cooked food SAD diet. Really only an hour less, but I still think that's a pretty critical benefit, as 1 hour a day more time being awake definitely adds up!

Posted by: Kombaiyashii ()
Date: December 08, 2008 07:48PM

That's really interesting...Hey Bryan, how much sleep do you get aproximately now?

Posted by: JohnVattik ()
Date: December 09, 2008 05:55AM

I sleep at least a couple hours less per night when I'm raw (4 hours vs. 6)

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 09, 2008 06:41AM

after a couple of decades living on caffine and too little sleep (working 2 to 3 jobs sleeping 4 hours a day) i found myself in a huge crash and burn and serious health issues, quite honestly its taken about 5 years for me now to come to a sorta of normalized sleep pattern but even then things get out of whack at times ... i do try to get the 8 hours most times tho but i still feel im recoving from too hectic of an unhumanly pace i set for myself smiling smiley

my mediations occaisionally turn into sitting naps lol ..i guess im just recharging the battery smiling smiley

unfortantely back then i was incorrectly treated for sleep disorders when the reality was i was placing unrealistic time expectations on myself and using prescription pills to sleep when needed and mass quantities of caffine, energy drinks, handfulls of *energy* vitamins and potions to get through the day

even now 5 years later and 4 years mostly raw and 1 year 100% raw it still feels like im transitioning , and detoxing, honestly i dont expect 25 years of insane hectic lifestyle to undo too quickly lol .. if im still detoxing 20 years from now i wont be suprised tongue sticking out smiley

raw foods have helped me sleep wise .. life wise ! ..along with alot of other life changing things ive done , but i have had to and am still cleaning up a ton of issues (that affect my good sleep directly or inadvertently even !!) be it emotional, physical, mental, financial, spiritual, environmental, nutrition and relationships .... always a work in progress smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2008 06:49AM by Jgunn.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 09, 2008 06:58AM

err .. mediations should be meditations ... damn fingers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2008 06:59AM by Jgunn.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: December 09, 2008 08:06AM

I found that when i stopped drinking half a bottle of chardonnay every evening my sleep improved dramatically. Likewise a 100gm bar of wonderful organic, vegan dark dark chocolate would have me wide awake at 3a.m. staring into the darkness without a hope of sleep for at least a couple of hours.

Now I sleep really well. I like to sleep 8 hours a night but I run 30-40 miles a week, swim and work out too.

I can't imagine how some of you manage on 6 hours - but hey, we are all different, thank godness.

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: December 10, 2008 01:24AM

I sleep 12 hours when I eat only fruit. When low glycemic I wake at 8 am everyday and sleep around midnight

Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: December 13, 2008 01:23AM

I've actually been having trouble sleeping lately... i've been trying not to eat after 5 or 6... but it's hard... i get so hungry that i have to have something... or i know i won't sleep... so 8 has been the latest.. but then i'll be so tired... and my eyes will be all foggy... and i'll think good i'll sleep really good...but then i lay down and just lay there... thinking... thinking... and thinking.... i try meditations... but still... i can't sleep and then as soon as i wake up... which has been anywhere from 7:30- 8:30... i'm groggy... but then i'm good through the day... and then i think maybe i'll sleep well tonight because i didn't sleep much... and NOPE!!! it's frustrating... i like my sleep... and my dreams... any ideas... i might try another blanket tonight... we'll see if that works...

love laugh and SWEET dreams

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: December 13, 2008 03:09AM

Luvvya you can always get skype or google talka nd chat with me

Date: December 13, 2008 07:47AM

ok so the extra blankie didn't help...feels nice but still i'm wide awake and having leg cramps... had a massage today... and the deep imbedded knot in my right thy seems to have been awoken... actually been having leg cramps quite a bit... but i have been practicing capoiera again... exercise and me... i love it but it doesn't always love my legs... i've looked at RLS and could very possible be it... and if anyone suggests eating bananas i'll laugh cause i've had about 8 today... i understand the potassium/sodium balance and i know i eat a bit more salt then i should... but i also think some of it is Sciatic...

also does anyone know about Gotu Kola... my dad's a vitamin junkie and i read good things about this for the brain which i have been having issues with... so i tried it... could this be keeping me awake... he also has melatonin pills but i'm afraid to take those then i'll be dependent ...don't want that... i miss my dreams...

hey suvine... i don't have either of those... but i do have a gmail chat thing...
luvyuu@gmail.com

love laugh and dream

Date: December 13, 2008 08:17AM

did a bit of research... i think it's the gotu kola... it creates mental clarity... this kind of stuff always keeps me awake... it's what i get for trying something processed... ah well... we'll see tomorrow how i sleep...

love laugh and dream

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: December 13, 2008 09:37AM

having leg cramps...

One of the possible causes for leg cramps can be not getting enough salt. Of course you don't want to get chemical salt but you could try natural plant salt and see if that helps. Celery and seaweed are high in natural plant salt.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 06, 2009 11:07PM

I am suffering from insomnia and sleeping pill medicine withdrawal and hoping that going 100% raw will help me recover and sleep again--does going raw help with insomnia?

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: June 08, 2009 08:56PM

At present, I am getting about 6 - 8 hrs. of sleep in a 24 hr. period. I feel pretty refreshed after that. When I am juice fasting, it goes down to maybe 6 hrs.

Recently I did a "Master Cleanse" (Lemonade Detox) diet, & during that 10 days I had an insane amount of energy, felt like I could go after about 4 - 5 hrs.!

But, after that cleanse was over & I returned to eating "bulk", I noticed my sleep requirements returned to previous.

When I awake, I have to get up at that time; if I lay there & try to get more sleep, it just doesn't happen for me, I just fitfully toss & turn.

Posted by: lawofattraction ()
Date: June 08, 2009 11:46PM

i think what puts me to sleep is when im tired enough,i click into a story telling frame of mind with visuals.this puts my mind on something else and is enjoyable. i imagine silly things.falling in love, getting married.going on vacation.winning the lottery.having children.having a fanatastic raw job...anything and everything. i imagine every detail about these adventures too.

i drop off usually 20 minutes after officially going to sleep.

my parents are good sleepers.could be genetic.

i asked my dad once what helps him slepp each night and he said, "a clear conscious" katherine hepburn said the same thing once.

chammoile tea does work

a dark room helps

Posted by: RaeVynn ()
Date: June 15, 2009 02:44AM

I still often require 10 hours of sleep.
I have a lot of healing to do, after all. smiling smiley

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much
We are all in this together!
Namasté

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables