Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

painful heel splitting?
Posted by: liberation ()
Date: December 10, 2008 05:29AM

are there any other long-time raw food vegans wearing the "each toe separating" "yoga sandals" higher-end flip flop thingys???

...who also experience sooo painful "split heels"?

i wear these shoes 100 per cent, apart from barefeet indoors.

i acknowledge the role of my current choices, being temporarily in a colder climate away from warmer el-lay, more time indoors, less alive food n more "raw" food, diff sleep zones/patterns, emotional challenges supporting my mum as she prepares n passes etc. etc. etc., however, i also sense a connection between these shoes, cold countryside "power walking" and the painful splitting heels...but currently unwilling to re-incarcerate my feet in "shoes" n socks to experiment...n too cold/rough to go barefeet...so???

any thoughts from anyone on a similar pathyawning smiley)

with respect, please note, no "supplememts", "lotions" or other odd internal or topical "treatments" please:O)

sure, i know my body will soon heal itself if i lay n rest, forego eating food etc. etc., however, circumstances require me to do otherwise right now...and really wonder about these shoes, or ???, well, i guess, and as usual if one quietly waits, i answered my own question there as i/the universe tends toyawning smiley)...

love n liberation

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: painful heel splitting?
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: December 10, 2008 11:35PM

Has this ever happened to you before?

My mother farmed high up on Dartmoor on her own and in the winter her thumbs would split terribly - I remember how painful it was for her. I think they healed up in the summer.

Could you find a 'shoe' of say woven bracken or nettle fibres that you would be willing to experiment with. I respect your unwillingness to cover your feet - I only offer this as an idea that may be helpful.

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: December 11, 2008 01:44AM

Skin splitting may be a sign of low Vitamin B-Complex. My lip split and the skin on the outside of my fingernails at the bottom dry up and have to be pulled off. Also, my heels looked cracked. I've have my heels crack until it reached tender skin and started bleeding.

From my research, Vit B-Complex is difficult to get from fruit, one has to get it from dark, leafy veggies. This is why eating solely fruit may not be right for some people.

I've had to supplement with B-Complex and since then, my lip hasn't split open and bled when I opened my mouth.

Hope that helps.

Posted by: liberation ()
Date: December 11, 2008 05:55AM

yes flipperjan, the wintry cold of my current life in rural britain is def an issue, especially for this comfortable el-lay residing boyyawning smiley) ...but again, with self-awareness/honesty, i am focusing on an inventory check of adherence to each humyn need and basic self-love/care, plus reviewing the "wild card" yoga shoe factor?

i recall mr. wolfe mentioning this very painful n prevalent heel splitting amongst new and old raw fooders years ago, and then advocating one of his products...msm or some sulphur product i recall, but i am NOT a pill, potion or product proponent or popper, so i will continue to look carefully at my various life choices and balance will eventually be restored IF i choose well(being)yawning smiley) thanks for listening...

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: December 11, 2008 05:22PM

My heels had only *started* to split, but regular dry brushing and religious topical application of raw coconut oil (it's edible!) did the trick.

If they are already split badly, though, maybe you would want to give just moisturizing a shot?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables