Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Truly Natural Homemade Baby Laundry Detergent
Posted by: musicbebe ()
Date: December 10, 2008 07:08PM

Hi all,

I am trying to find a recipe for homemade laundry detergent that does NOT contain Fels Naptha soap (I've read some bad things about it).

I need something that will remove stains well. Would just water and baking soda and or Borax be sufficient? Is Borax all natural?

I would appreciate all suggestions!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Truly Natural Homemade Baby Laundry Detergent
Posted by: SurfinBird ()
Date: December 11, 2008 05:23AM

Borax is all natural, but it can be an irritant, and wouldn't be my first choice as a cleaner.

I don't really know, maybe you could find a suggestion on this website that would help:

[eartheasy.com]

I just use storebought natural laundry detergent myself. Something like this from 7th Generation might work well:

[www.seventhgeneration.com]

Posted by: baltochef ()
Date: December 14, 2008 08:43PM

Try the following link aka The Soap Making Forum..

[www.soapmakingforum.com]

Just identify yourself as a raw vegan with a desire to make laundry soap that is as mild as possible for your baby..

The folks here have been helpful to me as I transition back into making vegan bar soap for myself..

Eleven years ago I used whatever ingredients I could get, although most tended to be vegan due to circumstance, not design..

There is a lot to learn here on this site..

Just modify the non-vegan procedures / ingredients to suit a vegan life style..

Bruce

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 21, 2008 11:41PM

A tsp of castile soap flakes and washing soda is what I use. Vinegar in the rinse cycle. Oxygen bleach for tough stains (not recommended for finer types of silk and wool). I was looking into soap nuts, but I've heard they don't work well and aren't very cost efficient. If anyone has some other recipes and ideas on a homemade laundry detergent I would love to hear them!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables