Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fresh versus frozen
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 13, 2009 02:03AM

Because of the recent heavy rains in California, it has been impossible to find fresh organic strawberries. Of course, I am craving strawberries. During the summer I added them to all of my smoothies, but I always bought organic because they are shown to have the highest amount of pesticide residue even on the inside of the strawberries cells. My question is this, How bad is it to eat frozen organic strawberries? I found them at some of the local markets and would like to add them to my morning smoothies with organic greens and pineapple. What do you think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fresh versus frozen
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: November 13, 2009 03:36AM

Trust your own taste buds. I know I've tried frozen
Wheatgrass Juice, and there was no comparison to the Fresh.....WY

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 13, 2009 04:32AM

id sooner use frozen organic over fresh pesticide laden, smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 13, 2009 12:29PM

Thank you Wheatgrass Yogi and Jgunn,

I think that I will try them. Maybe, even tho the taste will not compare, it will suffice my craving long enough to either get over the craving (ha ha) or allow the crop to recover itself. Will let you know how it goes. Have a wonderful weekend and thank you for your prompt response.

smiling smiley Deb

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: November 13, 2009 03:06PM

I agree. If your only choices are organic frozen or canned, then I'd definitely choose the organic frozen. In times of crisis, you simply have to make the best choice available until the circumstances change. You're STILL getting good nutrition from the organic frozen berries. Good luck and enjoy. =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 13, 2009 03:21PM

Agree that frozen(unpasteurized) strawberries are a good substitute; remember that high quality ones were likely harvested at the peak of freshness, and flash frozen on site or nearby soon after picking. This is the industry's way of preserving as much of the water(water=good texture) as possible. The bonus to this process is that it suspends nutrient depletion as well : )

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables