Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

David Kleins book anyone? Self Healing crohns & colitis
Posted by: herbalgerbals ()
Date: January 22, 2009 08:23AM

If anyone happens to have the book, could you please see what it says about starting the healing process During an outbreak/flare/inflammation/ulceration ith heavy symtpoms?

If anything could possibly do that, Im trying to order the book but really have no mony this week..

Okay thank you, goodnight friends.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: David Kleins book anyone? Self Healing crohns & colitis
Posted by: loeve ()
Date: January 22, 2009 01:10PM

Hi herbalgerbals
Don't have the book, but read David Klein's testimonial a while back and found it memorable thou brief. This recent interview of David Klein by Mike Kinnaird might have something.

Excerpt:
Dave: Well, instincts and senses are the key words. I don’t believe in doing anything regimented with meal times and foods, except keep it simple and follow food combining guidelines. I believe in following the senses and empowering people to do that because I don’t know what’s right for everybody. Their bodies tell them what it needs. I don’t give a standard diet and say that this is what you’ve got to stick with for weeks and months on end. There’s flexibility in it…freedom to “follow thy senses.”

The key to raw food diet success is to listen to what our senses call for, which means we have to enjoy our food thoroughly. It has to be eaten in a way so that it’s digestible and we have to eat so we don’t overload our organs of digestion and elimination. And every aspect of eating has to be totally harmonious with our biology. So, I encourage people to read the basics that we teach in Natural Hygiene.

I teach in my books that biologically, we are designed to eat mostly fruit and our digestion functions best on fruit. It has all the nutrients, it’s the easiest to digest, it’s the most pleasurable and is the best source of caloric fuel.

We also need vegetables but when we have say a gastrointestinal problem, like I had, we certainly don’t want to start eating raw vegetables, except in the juiced form. We need a transition and certainly have steamed veggies, sweet potatoes and squash, but to limit that to once a day (dinner). Avoiding mucus -forming foods like dairy and grains is important. In specific cases, people need a simple, high-water content healing diet… it maybe juices or soft fruits for a while.

As far as a daily diet, we should always eat when we experience true hunger. We should try to space out our meals so that we’re not constantly eating and flooding our blood stream with nutrients. We should get enough fruit sugar during the day in order to be sustained. Sugar is our cells’ only fuel, so if we don’t get enough fruit sugar during the day we’re going to be looking for caloric satisfaction from other foods and the other choices are really only fatty foods, starch and sweet junk foods. So, if we overeat on fatty foods, specially with people with a history of digestive problems, that just keep people toxic, retarding their healing.

If we get adequate satiation from the fruits during the day then we’ll be ok with just having a small meal of something fatty with a salad for dinner. Generally, that’s the best approach to long-term health. If people are going to eat the cooked food, the steamed veggies, potatoes and squash, I suggest they eat it with an equal or bigger portion of raw food (a salad) for dinner.

[www.habitguide.com]

..he also talks about B12 further on.

Re: David Kleins book anyone? Self Healing crohns & colitis
Posted by: loeve ()
Date: January 22, 2009 02:54PM

..just skimming thru some more of the interview.. here is a passage discussing approaches at the beginning possibly dealing with inflammation.... and the place of fruit and greens..

"Mike: The whole fruit thing, while you’re trying to heal is a big one, because I remember when I first tried to do raw, I just didn’t want fruit. I think you hit the nail on the head there: when you’re toxic — and I’ve come across this before — the body just doesn’t crave fruit.

So is the answer that we go on the sprouts and we go on the greens and then when we’re healed we go back on the fruit?

Dave: Well, when I’m working with a client, some of them the fruit doesn’t appeal to them and some of them have candida and other issues where the fruit is just too energizing and it just makes candida symptoms flare up.

So I think ‘ok, let’s just try to do one piece of fruit for breakfast and have it with greens. Some people don’t do well with fruit in the beginning unless they always have it with greens: lettuce, celery and/or cucumber — and that has worked for every single client — and even the ones who are recommended not to have any fruit because they had chronic fatigue or candida. Some fruit with lettuce works for everyone I have encountered. That always gets them to the next stage where they’re able to start eating more and more fruit.

Mike: So you recommend, if people are in a toxic state, like with chronic fatigue, they eat their fruit with greens, leaves, cucumber, that sort of thing to start off with?

Dave: Right. Just introduce it gradually and keep on doing a lot of purified water to clean out and then, as the body fluids and the tissues become cleaner and cleaner and if we get enough rest which is the biggest factor in healing, we will have built up enough energy for the body to accomplish the detox and healing.

Then the senses will become more pristine and they will start appreciating the natural flavors of fruits much better and things will become normalized and the fruit love affair will kick in and live will be much nicer.

That takes time. If people want immediate results, they may get it doing the no-fruit approach, but you can’t sustain yourself on that. You can end up eating way too much fat and that doesn’t really result in health."
[www.habitguide.com]

hope this helps

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables