Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Let's talk about poo
Posted by: m.cazee ()
Date: February 25, 2009 08:37AM

Yeah, I'm going there.

I'm planning on switching to raw, but before I do, I like knowing what I should expect.

That brings me to my question: how is pooing to raw foodists? is it particularly smelly? odorless? bright green?

I suppose that brings up another question. Pooting! Are you all gassy?

Thanks for your answers in advance!
Morgan

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let's talk about poo
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 25, 2009 11:08AM

Ok....less gas / light colour / low odour /

Be prepared for some disruption to your normal routine though. A lot depends on a persons previous diet before going all raw re detox. And your digestive system will thank you for the transition to raw.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: February 25, 2009 11:10AM

m.cazee

I suppose that brings up another question. Pooting! Are you all gassy?

I was a lot more gassy when I ate SAD and had meat petrifying in me. My SAD poo smelled like something had died.

Posted by: windy ()
Date: February 25, 2009 11:20AM

no gas and poo doesnt smell

Actually you will notice the difference when you eat cooced meat of fish again.. huh... fish poo smells unbeliavable bad.

Oh.. and one more difference when eating raw you will need to poo every day.. (as it should work)

With SAD I could go on for 2-3 days without any poo..

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 25, 2009 12:20PM

Geo & the above posts are certainly correct. You will probably notice some alteration of your routine. If you are eating a lot....and a wide variety of raw foods....and mostly raw...then the frequency of your poos should go up...although perhaps not at first.

-In the long run, your poo consistency will depend on the diet you settle on....but in general it should be firmer and pass easier. Just my experience.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: mrdc ()
Date: February 25, 2009 01:21PM

I concur!
Totally weird, easy clean up.
Comes out easy no cramping.
Lighter colour.
Not smelly.
It's Totally weird but true.
All around better poos.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: February 25, 2009 02:20PM

I agree with everybody, except to say in all fairness and honesty that while you're transitioning to raw you may not experience these 'ideal poos' immediately, especially if you're particularly toxic or have candida.

I think most people have some intestinal rumblings (gas); some get diarrhea intermittently or frequently at first.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: February 25, 2009 03:10PM

When I first went raw I @#$%& a lot for about a week, then it decreased to a more normal level. Also much more gentle -- no straining involved.

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: February 26, 2009 08:28AM

how come everyone thinks that @#$%& for rvs is a disaster?

and assume we must fart up a storm, too.

why?

everything works better now.

Posted by: m.cazee ()
Date: March 02, 2009 03:08AM

Well.. we are under the impression that veggies give you gas. Think about a bean-o bottle.. it has pictures of veggies all over it.

Thanks to everyone who gave their input. I look forward to low maintenance poos.

Posted by: HealthNVitality ()
Date: March 02, 2009 06:21PM

This is a big topic, and an important one.
I will try to write an article about it soon, so more people can benefit.
Feces reflect the health of the large intestine, which reflects the health of the rest of the body.
One of the most critical features of health of the large intestine is the intesinal ecoaerobic ecology, but I will not go into that topic here.

People eating the Standard American Diet (SAD) can expect bowel movement attributes which reflect poor health.
As one is transitioning into a healthier lifestyle involving living foods (and hopefully ecoaerobics), one will likely experience detox symptoms.

This is often evident in bowel movements and in various types of intestinal distress.
This is generally a signal of good things. Detox (as long as it is not extreme or beyond the tolerance limits of the body) is helpful, cleaning out years of build-up.
Unfortunately, detox symptoms are often not recognized as such.

When the detox symptoms subside, life flows more freely, as do the bowels.

If you post a reply to this message and would like my feedback, it would be best to send me a private message to that effect. Otherwise, I may not check this thread for a while.

***Info from the advisors at HealthNVitality***

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: March 02, 2009 07:03PM

>how come everyone thinks that @#$%& for rvs is a disaster?
and assume we must fart up a storm, too.
why?<

Everybody's experienced is different. Depends on how toxic you were to begin with. Some people have a much longer, more difficult transition than others, as a result.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: herbalgerbals ()
Date: March 13, 2009 06:22PM

Well, currently. with my medications, and the way I am eating.

Imnot sure if its becuase of the carrot juice I drink everyday, or the papaya, or apricots, or the hemp etc. but my stool is dissolves quickly, its not compact.

ITs also light color... Ide say closer to orange?

I hope thats not becuase of my liver and becuase of the carrots. :]

Posted by: yemango ()
Date: March 19, 2009 07:06AM

i have a question about poo too- i just went 90% raw about 3 months ago. i ate pretty clean for a cooked person - mostly vegetarian (hardly any dairy)...just lots of grains, eggs and some fish with my veggies. anyway...since getting my second colonic 2 weeks ago my gas is more intense, and i feel bloated and crampy. COULD THIS BE detox/??? the only thing that "clears me out" is Manna Bread,and a homemade sprouted oat cracker that is sooo dense. but i dont always want to eat these things! i am happy with breakfast - green juice, lunch-salad (sometimes a nut pate or puree), some fruit mixed in there, and dont even like to eat much past lunch. yet i feel so stopped up i have to eat the heavier things. what is going on with me!??

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables