Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

So Thankful...
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: May 27, 2009 09:16PM

So thankful, on the one hand, for the knowledge that has been handed to me that enables me to maintain health and wellbeing without recourse to doctors, medicine and medical procedures. I'm sad and feeling pretty subdued, on the other hand, because a very dear friend of mine is fighting for her life right now, in part due to errors made by hospital staff. She's in surgery to have a stent put in some duct in her gut, in hopes that an infection that's raging in her body will exit (??)... no, I don't get it either, but that's what they're doing to her. She's been unable to speak or open her eyes now for a couple of weeks, and is on a respirator and feeding tube. She put me on a list of people who are allowed to get updates from her boyfriend about her condition, and also visit, but she's too sick to receive visitors. She's an extremely psychic and receeptive individual, so as my thoughts have been with her this week, Jonathan and I have both 'felt' her presence here in the house with us, even though her body lies inert in the hospital. Lights are flickering and burning out, electronics are glitching and burning out, and there is just this strong feeling of connection.

I have two healing groups-- both of which do 'distant' spiritual healing-- helping her. Jonathan lights candles every night and we meditate. WHen your loved ones are in the clutches of the medical labyrinth, it's a little hard to let go of material considerations and 'what ifs,' and just lift your consciousness beyond words and thoughts (and worries). But that's what I have to do, because the very thought of hospitals and surgical procedures fills takes me to a pretty dark place.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: So Thankful...
Date: May 28, 2009 12:16AM

Update: I feel tremendous relief and release about my friend's condition now, for some reason, after lying down to meditate for awhile before dinner tonight. I was lying there feeling sad, frustrated and useless, asking the Universe how I could use my tiny understanding of spiritual healing to help her, when suddenly, boom!, I was able to let go of all the sadness that I (and everyone around her) have been feeling and feeding on, and I was able to go with the flow of a tremendous surge of Light and joy, knowing that this spiritual, divine energy is her natural element and it can restore her completely. Now I really feel... know, that she will be fine and that she is in 'good hands.'

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 28, 2009 03:14PM

kwan,

Sending fervent good energy to you, Jonathan, and your friend.

Date: May 28, 2009 04:43PM

Thank you, Tamukha!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: June 01, 2009 04:37AM

My awareness of the mystery of life and death deepens, as my friend slips in and out of consciousness.

Yesterday I thought she was pretty much out of the woods, but now she's unconscious again, and her heart almost stops every time they move her or try to take her anywhere for tests, and now her partner is in the unthinkable position of having to talk to her daughters about removing life support. He's not giving up yet, as the doctors say there are certain life signs that are still very strong, and they're urging him to wait. I'm not giving up either, because I can't imagine this vibrant, wonderful person, who's barely 60, disappearing from our lives so soon.

But it could happen: she could 'check out' and move on to the spiritual dimension, and if so, who am I to say it's not okay? We're eternal, spiritual beings, and this life is just a parenthesis in eternity.

She has previously signed papers giving her partner power of attorney, and stating that she doesn't want to be kept alive by extraordinary means if she is unconscious or extremely ill, so I think her boyfriend feels quite naturally bound to follow her wishes, even though he's heartbroken.

Life is so precious, and it's such a gift to be in a healthy body, living happily with healthy loved ones.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: June 01, 2009 05:22AM

Kwan....This is a very touching story.
Death has always been interesting to me. I'm not ready to face
it yet. But, when the time does come, I plan to be alone, without
any medical intervention.
I kind of like the way of many Yogis taking the 'Big Walk'. When the
'time' comes, they start walking in the Himalayas, without food or
water, until the Body drops.
I'd be interested to hear your views.
I live in a Senior community and people I know are constantly dying....WY

Date: June 01, 2009 04:03PM

>I'd be interested to hear your views.
I live in a Senior community and people I know are constantly dying....WY<

! WY, now we have something else in common. :-) Jonathan and I live in a state-subsidized apartment complex that's filled with elderly and disabled people that check in but don't check out. (Jonathan has the genetic disease retinitis pigmentosa and is blind, so he's lived in this building since about 1982.) So people die here on a regular basis. Jonathan is 65 (going on 30 ;-p) and I'm going to be 60 next week. We do not feel like seniors yet, but technically I guess we are!

Our 'ideal scenario' is that when the time comes, we would like to go to our beloved Lovells Island, where we camp every summer, and somehow allow ourselves to just go gently and calmly, in the most natural setting. No hospital, no feeding tubes, no doctors.

I'm not afraid of dying itself, at all. I know about the 'other side,' and it's all good. My concern is with the interim period -- the period most people go through where they start to deteriorate and they often end up warehoused in nursing homes, unable to care for themselves, and in manay cases, no longer lucid. From time to time I've talked to friends about old age, and they seem not to be aware of these realities, or how they are related to our personal lifestyle and eating habits; I think it's too painful to even think about for them, so they block it out, and they're not aware of how this culture fosters and accelerates ill-health. I've always been aware of it, thanks to being sick at a young age, so I started thinking about taking really good care of myself in my mid-20s. And Jonathan is the same way-- he eats like a scientist and treats his body with great respect. So we're pretty confident we'll be able to have a peaceful and uneventful life, remaining ambulatory and independent as we go into our advanced years. That's our 'story' and we're sticking to it! ;-p

It's sad that we live in such a youth-centric culture, because people do not get a healthy understanding or appreciation of how to live and thrive in the latter stages of life. Instead, it's considered something almost shameful to divert one's attention away from entirely. The hardest thing for Jonathan and me, living in a building with many elderly people, is watching move in, and then have heart attacks and strokes, etc., lose their vision and hearing, ability to walk, and so forth, and we both know that so much of it is totally avoidable. I'd say 99% of them are totally hooked on sugar, salt, cooked omnivorous food, medicine and constant consultations with their doctors. Most of the people in this building get their exercise by walking downstairs to get their mail, or walking around the block.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: June 01, 2009 08:24PM

Sharrhan,

You are a credit to humanity; I cannot express how grateful I am to be privy to your thoughts and beliefs about things that matter. I have learned so much from your posts; mostly, how to deal with the world in a state of grace. Thank you for being the person you are!

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: June 01, 2009 11:39PM

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sharrhan,
>
> You are a credit to humanity; I cannot express how
> grateful I am to be privy to your thoughts and
> beliefs about things that matter.
I'll Second that....WY

Date: June 02, 2009 12:21AM

Awww, you guys are sweet! You know, when people compliment my musical abilities, I always remind them that it's easyto play well when I'm in the company of great musicians; similarly, on this board it's easy to be uplifting because I'm among such enlightened and inspiring friends.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: June 03, 2009 03:20AM

Got a sobering e-mail tonight from my friend May's partner, Jon. The doctor is convening a meeting with him and her immediate family members tomorow to talk about what to do next. Doesn't look good. She has organ failure or extreme debility of pancreas, kidneys, heart, and brain, and her respiration is impaired to the point she needs a semi-permanent tracheal implant. Her heart stopped over the weekend, as well. Because she had signed papers asking that nothing 'heroic' be done to save her, I think I can see the handwriting on the wall To keep her alive will require many risky operations that she likely will not survive. Sigh.

Sorry guys! I know this stuff is depressing! I just don't know how to deal with medical stuff, especially when it's having such a negative effect upon people I am close to.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 03, 2009 03:32AM

this makes me sad that you have this to deal with , please dont be sorry we are always here to listen !

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: June 03, 2009 12:01PM

Kwan,

I am so sorry for you and your friend and her loved ones.

There is no easy way to deal with such uneasy matters. You seem to be handling it the best way possible.

My positive thoughts and energy go out to you.

Love,
Kise'

Date: June 03, 2009 01:45PM

kwan,

I am so sorry. Please don't apologize for issuing this news; we are here for you. Sending positive energy in your direction.

Date: June 03, 2009 04:14PM

Thanks, guys! You're the best. :-) Jonathan and I are doing okay, but I'm very concerned about May's soulmate, Jon. We're all connected, so I feel his depression and helplessness a bit, and last night Jonathan and I both 'felt' May's... essence?... I don't know how to express it. It's like I could so clearly hear her voice in my mind (but of course I don't mean clairaudiently, just internally), communicating with me. May's very spiritually oriented and psychic; no doubt she's reaching out to all of her friends while her body is 'sleeping.'

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: June 03, 2009 04:23PM

Remember Kwan:

Seperation is a man-made illusion.

And feelings are there for a reason. Neither good or bad so just observe them, and accept them as they are.

You're doing a great job!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables