Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How to Detox
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: July 31, 2009 12:50PM

There are many methods, but the Best way may be
to 'Hydrate then Perspire'. I have a room in my house that
has 3 little Heaters. It can get quite Hot in there.
Does anyone here have a favorite Detox method? I think we
all need to use something on occasion, even if it's only a
one day Water Fast......WY

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to Detox
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 31, 2009 01:33PM

Isn't an everday raw regimen detoxifying enough? I drink lots of water, in smoothies, and otherwise, and am not currently turning the air on as long as my dog is OK. I also vary the shower water temperature. If I could afford it, I'd get a portable sauna for my house. You seem to have DIYed one, WY : ) Shortly, I think I shall start taking weekly Epsom salts baths, as these are supposed to help with drawing things out. Or so I have heard.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 31, 2009 02:26PM

best way for me? gently and naturally with good clean healthy living and no thought whatsoever. the body is designed to work perfectly so long as you give it all it needs to do so. "detoxing" to me runs contrary to my belief in natural health. it's not neccessary and might even be stressful and damaging to the body.
if i could to fast it's because i'd like a break from food. same with a sauna or whatever else. if i choose it, it's because i feel like it at the time.

right now i feel like a fermented pickle. having one, not being one winking smiley.

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: July 31, 2009 05:40PM

While not considered fully "raw", I have used the "Master cleanse" (Lemonade Diet) detox once, this past May. I plan on doing it again, I felt really great on it, my taste buds were "reset" after completing it, so everything tasted "new" again!

It is a colon cleanse/flush & I feel it has great health benefits. The spiritual awaking that one experiences during it is also a "cleanse" in & of itself. Also, I work outside frequently and sweat/consume a good amount of cleansing juices, such as watermelon/berries/apples/lemon/lime other cleansing juices, so I feel that gets it done for me.

Tamukha - Since you are getting into Epsom baths, you might also want to consider Dry brushing, as it is supposed to be very beneficial for drawing out toxins. I would like to do it more often, but I am usually pressed for time that I don't take time out to do the brushing.

Date: July 31, 2009 07:20PM

juicerkatz,

Thanks for reminding me about dry brushing. I fear I might run out of patience with it quickly, but on the other hand I may enjoy it enough to make it habitual, so . . .

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 31, 2009 10:15PM

drybrushing is very cool i do it twice a day cuz i love the feeling ! smiling smiley

i have a brush by my bed and i do a quick once over toe to head before i role out of bed and into the shower .. and i have a brush in my desk drawer

i also use the sauna and steam room at the local pool smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: rawne ()
Date: August 01, 2009 12:24PM

Doug Graham had the following to say on detoxifying through sweat...

"You do not appreciably detox through sweat, this is a myth,
though if you are a salt eater, you will lose salt through your sweat."

Date: August 01, 2009 12:38PM

rawne,

I love Doug Graham, but he clearly did not grow up among Finns!

Date: August 01, 2009 02:32PM

rawne Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "You do not appreciably detox through sweat, this
> is a myth,
Brian Clement says Far Infrared Sauna Therapy is the
best way to purge Heavy Metals from the body. I don't see why it
wouldn't work for all Toxins.....WY

[www.youtube.com]
[altmed.creighton.edu]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2009 02:40PM by Wheatgrass Yogi.

Date: August 01, 2009 05:07PM

Yeah, and you will also upset all those Hot Yoga instructors! I have a friend who does hot yoga, & he absolutely loves it, swears by it.

Date: August 01, 2009 08:29PM

sometimes the baby and i dry brush, she has her own mini brush and it's so cute to see her giving herself the once over. not consistantly though, we go with the flow around here and it's always flowing in a different direction. i'm not looking forward to the rigidity of school starting up again. wish i could homeschool but he loves going to the school house with his friends. oh well.

i'm going to visit friends in the city who have a sauna, can't wait to have a good sweat! those are so fun. there's a shower in there too for a cool rinse. it's lovely.

Date: August 01, 2009 09:46PM

coco-

We homeschooled our son for 8 yrs.

For 9th & 10th grade, he did a Cyber charter school over the internet. This year, we plan on sending him to private school. As you mentioned, he wants to be around kids more than he is.

With the Cyber charter schools, they provide you with the complete curriculum free, laptop/printer/school materials/books/etc., & you also may get a credit for your monthly internet service as well. It is a state sponsored program.

I have been very impressed with the level of schooling/education that they provide. Also, most Cyber charter schools have a forum and a "Cyberlink" program that will allow you to get in touch with other homeschoolers in the area, so your child is not totally disconnected from other kids.

There are field trips, outings, get-togethers at local parks & online friends. It can work for you, if you are committed to it. Just thought I would throw the info. out there.

It has been a great experience; I would like to have completed the 12 yrs. with him at home, but we are going in a different direction this year, it seems.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: August 02, 2009 04:21PM

Currently I do occasional days of nothing but lemon juice in distilled water and fresh made veggie juices,plus epsom salt baths.

Vinny

Date: August 02, 2009 05:33PM

hey juicerkatz, i'm in canada, are you too? wonder if that happens here... there are tons of homeschoolers around but most of them are REALLY religious. as in, they homeschool so they can teach their kids that the earth is only 6000 years old and dinosaurs were here at the same time as man. ahem. pretty sure i don't want to fall in with that bunch.

he's such a social kid, taking him out of school would be very hard on him. maybe i'll just move back to BC, that would be great.

Date: August 02, 2009 06:34PM

Hi coco,

I am in Pennsylvania. I don't know anything of the Canadian homeschooling situation. But yeah, being a social kid, it would be difficult for him, especially if he is already into the schoolhouse routine.

Date: August 03, 2009 12:27AM

yes i dont beleive doug graham knows what the finns know hehe .. i love sauna and steamsmiling smiley

Date: August 05, 2009 10:28PM

I tried something today that worked quite well.
I'll be doing it on a daily basis for a while......first, I
hydrated myself with Water (16 ounces every 2 hours for 8 hours)
......next, I heated the little 'heater' room of my house to 100
degrees Fahrenheit. The rest of the house I cooled to 80 degrees.
I then spent 5 minutes of time in one, then the other.....repeating
the process several times. A shower thereafter was followed by a
very peaceful Nap......WY

Date: August 06, 2009 02:59AM

what you doing is called hot and cold inversion type therapy smiling smiley its supposed to be very healing smiling smiley

inversion by definition meaning change .. hot to cold to hot to cold etc smiling smiley

Date: August 06, 2009 03:16AM

Jgunn Wrote:
> what you doing is called hot and cold inversion
> type therapy smiling smiley
Thanks Jodi, I didn't know what to call it. I
just know it felt Good....and Cleansing.
BTW, I'm going to bed tonight with an empty stomach. Since I'm
doing new stuff, might as well try that....WY

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: August 08, 2009 08:02PM

When I started using the steam and sauna at the gym regularly (as opposed to only on occasion) I noticed huge changes in my complexion, skin tone and energy levels. I'm absolutely positive it's hugely detoxifying and beneficial.

I have a friend who is real sick from heavy metal poisoning. I will tell him about the steam and sauna option! Thanks, WY.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: August 09, 2009 12:43AM

kwan Wrote:
> I have a friend who is real sick from heavy metal
> poisoning. I will tell him about the steam and
> sauna option! Thanks, WY.
You're welcome Kwan. I just know it would also help those people
at the adjoining Thread here who are having Anxiety problems.
I've been spending time in my 'hot room' just before bed. Five minutes
in heat, then 5 minutes in the cool night air....repeated several
times, followed by a shower. I've been getting some very restful sleep.
....WY

Date: August 17, 2009 02:11AM

I've nothing to contribute but I'm loving all your responses to this. smiling smiley My personal opinion is mainly in agreement with Tamukha, I would definitely say that naturally that's how we detoxed of any possible poisons or whatever. However in the modern world with all the chemicals we face then steam, water fasts etc. might be helpful, unfortunately for me I struggle with even a day long fast immensely so I don't feel it's right for my own body. It might for others' though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2009 02:12AM by SuperInfinity.

Date: August 17, 2009 03:11AM

still thinking about homeschooling...

how do you detox from a bad situation? more of the same? i am having a not so lovely time at the moment, i feel as bad as if i ate something heavy and terrible just from the emotional garbage i've ingested. what do you do to detox your feelings?

Date: August 17, 2009 12:03PM

coco,

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time. I find that the very best way to detox from a bad sitch is to get out of it--mini vacation, or just staying at home for a few days relaxing, if that's not where the problem lies. Barring that, it's important to remember that the only environment you can absolutely control is your internal one, body and mind. I like to think of myself as a vast principality that isn't on any cartographer's map, and that is abundant in all the resources I need to live happily. I can go there anytime I wish, and be at my liberty and completely secure in my person. It sounds a little mental, I know, but if you want to call it a meditation session, that's OK : )

Date: August 17, 2009 01:19PM

can i take the kids there too? sigh. home is in fact where the issue is at the moment though that will change very, very soon. in the mean time, we will vacate and vacation elsewhere for a spell. drink tea, eat fruit, do something creative, ride bikes on the nature trail with sympathetic friends.

Posted by: kratom712 ()
Date: September 23, 2009 03:06AM

i like one box of bake soda ,two pound box espson salt and some old stye bleach.half a cup of bleach to bath and baking soda plus salt .fill tub and soak every other day until you feel detoxed.also add one teaspoon baking soda to glass of water and drink .drink some good water and you will be detoxed.also i say some mental excerises like i love you,please forgive me ,i'm sorry ,thankyou check zerolimits by joe vitale explains everything.kuna magick fun stuff

Date: September 23, 2009 12:59PM

you bathe in -bleach-?!

Date: September 23, 2009 02:14PM

it's sound nuts but yes gets rid of alot heavy stuff. go to [longislandacupunture.blogspot.com] not the

Date: September 23, 2009 03:12PM

Blog not found
Sorry, the blog you were looking for does not exist. However, the name longislandacupunture is available to register!

Kratom the link doesnt work smiling smiley

Date: September 24, 2009 12:56AM

i lost the address if you use bleach use sodium hypoclorite with nothing added. old school bleach i'm working 12 hours for the next ten days so i don't have time find site

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables