Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

j pouch- not a cure for ulcertive colitis
Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: August 20, 2009 01:11PM

I just read that people with j pouches are still on meds and are still flaring. I cant beleive that. that is supose to be the doctors way of curing ulcerative colitis, so that you are med free. but there are people who are not. Why doesnt the medical world except raw diets. even if they trained people to eat the scd diet it would be healther than the SAD diet.

What the hell is wrong with doctors.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: j pouch- not a cure for ulcertive colitis
Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: August 20, 2009 05:25PM

Wow, I'm with you. I didn't know that either. I thought the j-pouch was the last step and once you took that step, it was over unless you had chrones disease. Thanks for sharing. This is very interesting. I always thought, well at least I can just my colon removed as a last resort to stop the discomfort if raw foods doesnt work. thanks HelloKitty.

Date: August 20, 2009 05:29PM

No problem. i was shocked to see the posts on healing well. I don't really chat there but i do check from time to time. It seems that for some people it works really well and then there are others who are having struggles. I was thinking the same thing as you until i read that post. I was shocked.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: August 20, 2009 05:48PM

Maybe until the Doctors have cut out ALL of the digestive tract its possible to have digestive problems ?

Posted by: Molli ()
Date: August 20, 2009 05:51PM

Hellokitty Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just read that people with j pouches are still
> on meds and are still flaring. I cant beleive
> that. that is supose to be the doctors way of
> curing ulcerative colitis, so that you are med
> free. but there are people who are not. Why doesnt
> the medical world except raw diets. even if they
> trained people to eat the scd diet it would be
> healther than the SAD diet.
>
> What the hell is wrong with doctors.

Personally, I don't think there is anything wrong with doctors. Perhaps we expect too much from them sometimes.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 20, 2009 08:12PM

Hellokitty,

There's a lot wrong with doctors, in that I'm sure very few go out of their way to look into more effective and humane non-allopathic ways of doing things. Most doctors dealing with UC patients, for example, probably don't implore their patients to change diets. They would rather butcher them than try to exhaust every other possible therapy for their patient first. It's a kind of moral void. Where intestinal disorders are concerned, it's particularily troubling: unless you are born with a deformity of your intestine, or a genetic deficiency of some enzyme, your intestines aren't supposed to malfunction. They are supposed to do their job, and if they aren't, the cause must be dietary or immunological. It MUST be. But it's like doctors have lost their reasoning ability. It's like the problem is that you have an intestine, instead of that it isn't working properly. It's like when you have lymphoma and the oncologist advises that you have all your lymph nodes removed if a couple present with cancer, like the lymph nodes are the problem. They aren't--it's the cancer! Your intestines aren't the problem--it's your diet! Or that weird infection! But it's not the intestines! Duh!

Date: August 21, 2009 09:19AM

If diet was expalined to me 2 years ago i would not be having the problems i am having now. Im now at going to have to reduce my hours at work so that i can heal. its the only way i can do this. If they had told me when i was healthier i really could of easily turned this around. my colitis was not bad 2 years ago. It was very minor. no one expalied to me how bad this desease can get. i was just givin the pills and i walked out of the hospital.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables