Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I feel like crying...
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 23, 2009 03:39PM

EDIT: Nevermind, it's fine. I just plugged it in an hope it helps. I hope it doesn't give me cancer or something.

First of all my IgE levels are out of control. I need to do anything I can to get rid of them. I still have massive acne even after being raw for so long.

I bought a "dust mite controller" today. I'm allergic to dust mites. It was about $45 (in euro).

It sends out ultrasonic sounds that humans and pets can't hear, but that destroys dust mites.

The thing is, if it destroys dust mites... then doesn't that mean that they might disturb all biological life? But even if they did, maybe it's be worth it for me just to get rid of the dust mites...?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2009 03:53PM by SuperInfinity.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I feel like crying...
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 23, 2009 04:05PM

can you tell me what the machine is>? im skeptical about these things but id like to know more about it smiling smiley

major hotels use steam for dust mites as well as bed bugs

there are some very good little home steamers available for doing your bed pillows and rugs

if you have carpet throughout your house sadly it would probably be best for you to get rid of them , carpets are the worst for sufferers

and change your bedding every few days

smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 23, 2009 05:33PM

It's a new device that was only brought out over a year ago: "Dust Mite Controller" from Drontek... since then other devices also sending out ultrasonic sounds have come out as well. The website seems to be down at the moment unforunately.

Apparently clinical trials show it to be effective. And on the plus side, it is awarded the "CE" mark for safety.

Electronics give off waves as well I suppose... but they're not directed at biological organisms.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: August 25, 2009 12:23AM

Don't be in too much fear of these things like dust mites as they've been with us forever..or at least since we came out of the oceans.

I like no carpets..get rid of those first. Use a mix of water and 20 mule team borax laundry booster..very cheap at stores.

If not that brand, just find the naturally mined borax and mix it with some water..1/8C of borax with 1 Gallon of water and use it to wash your body and hair with. Don't use any liquid soaps, or other soaps. Then rinse off with a spray of citric acid with water or just place some citric acid (aka sour salt) in a bath of rinse water and rinse hair and all your body off after washing or bathing with the borax and water solution.

You can also spread some of the powdered borax around the perimeter of your rooms, near the baseboards..keep away from pets and kids as you would anything..it can irritate their eyes etc.

You can also mix a 1/4 teaspoon of the borax in 1 liter of water and shake until dissolved (you can add hot water to dissolve it better) and take a little bit at a time during the day...just add a bit to some other water. OR do a search for foods rich in Boron which is what the borax has that you want to ingest. Apples, applesauce are a couple. Taking about 3-6 mgs. of boron a day is recommended.

In doubt about it all..do your own search and research as you should always do anyway whenever you are considering taking something someone suggests. I always do, and it at the very least never hurts to do a search on the Internet.

Eating lots of leafy greens, juicing, apples, etc..are all good sources of Boron.

Love,
Prism

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables