Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Heavenly Orchard Herbal Concentrate
Posted by: rawfoods ()
Date: September 05, 2009 06:25PM

Hi everyone!

So, I recently went to a holistic healer for a problem with eczema. He could tell right away from looking in my mouth that I had a sore back... which I didn't even tell him. Well after checking me, he said I have a bowel problem where I'm not digesting certain foods properly and he gave me Heavenly Orchard Herbal Concentrate.

When I got home I took 2 and felt like I was getting a cold. I just didn't feel right. I looked it up online, and if you do the same, the only thing that comes up is saying it's not approved by Health Canada, they were all recalled 2 years ago, there's evidence these supplements may have been contaminated by lead, inorganic arsenic, and harmful bacterias.

I freaked out, took them back to the holistic guy, and he said not to worry... it's just government propaganda because they make money off sick people, etc.

But what concerns me, is the manufacturer put up a lab report on their website about the inorganic arsenic levels... but why not lead levels or bacteria levels, etc. Plus, Health Canada approves other supplements like Nature's Sunshine, etc., so why not these ones?

This stuff is expensive and the holistic healer won't exchange it for anything else.

My question is... Would you continue taking them and listen to a holistic healer with a good reputation? Or obey Health Canada and avoid them?

[www.healthyfoodrawdiet.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Heavenly Orchard Herbal Concentrate
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 06, 2009 01:56AM

when in doubt , throw it out smiling smiley

ask for a detailed lab report .. if they cant provide one .. find someone else smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 06, 2009 02:46AM

if it's not approved by health canada i'm pretty sure he shouldn't be selling it. i'd call health canada and see. do what you have to to get your money back, especially if it made you feel wrong when you took some. that's a clear message from your body right there.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 06, 2009 05:56PM

rawfoods,

Agree with everyone else. If this is some unregulated tonic from China or something, this person is not a legitimate healer, no matter how well reputed. They have to be certified, and they have to abide by the laws governing supplements and non-allopathic "medicinals," which get a fair amount of leeway in the case of Oriental or Ayurvedic Medicine. If you truly want to be sure about this mixture, call your local university or college's science department and ask if their chemistry lab offers poison or heavy metal testing to the public; many do for a fee. Send the stuff to them and ask them for a full report. Good luck.

Posted by: mysbenson ()
Date: September 09, 2009 04:41PM

I agree with Tamukha on this. One thing I must say about the THINK on supplements and even drugs is this - Does it do more harm than good? How many people will benefit from it versus how many have a bad reaction?

That's the THINK. Probably where your practitioner is coming from. It would be good to understand the reluctance to exchange the product and to steadfastly stand by the product regardless of the patients reactions to it.

I would not keep and use something that had inorganic arsenic in it, it just goes against my principles for my own body care.

One thing about Health Canada. They will put a big NO on a product if you can't produce scientific reports to back up health claims. Products based on tradition and fold medicine usually don't have scientific reports, YET. They will put a big NO on a perfectly good product because of this. If you can't find out why they put a big NO on something you might miss out on a good product. I'm not saying this is what happened with the product you are using, I'm just telling you how their system works.

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: September 12, 2009 06:24AM

1. This holistic healer - is he licensed or does he just hang a sign on his door calling himself a medical practitioner? What is his training?

2. What does he say causes you to feel bad after taking this medicine? This business of "oh, it's a cleansing reaction" or some such thing is just an escape clause for charlatans to prescribe useless or dangerous substances.

3. If this H.O.H.C. was manufactured in China, I would be leery of it, because chinese herbal medicine are notorious for being contaminated.

Good luck in your quest for good health!

P.S. Exzema is associated with deficiency of certain essential fats.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2009 06:35AM by Horsea.

Posted by: rawfoods ()
Date: September 14, 2009 06:32PM

Thanks everyone. It was manufactured in Canada, and he refuses to give me a refund because he said it's the Canadian Government propaganda (they want people sick, they want people to die.) Ok, so if that's the case... then why does Health Canada approve other supplements that I take? He told me not to worry about them at all, his whole family takes them, and since I opened the bottle already and took a few I cannot return them. But I'm going to take all your advice and call health Canada and report him, and maybe try to send the supplements back to the manufacturer for a refund. Thanks for all your advice!!

[www.healthyfoodrawdiet.com]

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: September 14, 2009 07:23PM

Good for you, rawfoods. I would notify the manufacturer, for sure. Some of them are fussy about who sells their supplements and if they think that your "doctor" is not treating you fairly, they'll cut him off as their customer! It's true.

The product may be manufactured, in the sense of assembled, in Canada, but the raw products used in it could be from China.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables