Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Question for Women...
Posted by: rawfoods ()
Date: September 05, 2009 09:03PM

So I'm 26, never been pregnant and I'm not pregnant now. Thursday night I noticed clear / sticky liquid in both pads of my bra, and my nipples were leaking this on their own. that lasted almost all night, abut hasn't done it since then. That was the first and only time that ever happened.

The only thing I've been doing differently this week, is on Monday night I started taking digestive enzymes, vitamin c, ginger, and something that has licorice in it which I later found was discontinued by Health Canada saying it could be contaminated with lead and other heavy metals. Although I only took that one Monday night, and this happened Thursday night.

Do you think that with me starting to take these supplements is what cause that to happen? I stopped taking them on Friday because I thought that might've been the cause... but supplements are supposed to be natural... how could they change my hormone levels, or whatever happened...

Has anyone experienced anything like this or know if supplements can do that?

[www.healthyfoodrawdiet.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Question for Women...
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 06, 2009 12:39AM

All of your enzymes are contained in a raw food diet. If you do eat non-raw food but are still high-raw, don't worry about it too much.

It's not the vitamin c that's causing it, and probably not the ginger either. I'd be wary of the other products.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2009 12:40AM by SuperInfinity.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 06, 2009 01:54AM

SI are you a woman or a man? I thought you were a guy...

Rawfoods, not to worry. Women's hormones do totally crazy things and milky or leaky nipples are more common than you might think. A few years ago my little man was snuggling with my sister on the couch and brushed (I think actually he was young enough that he squeezed) a boob. She lactated on the spot, milky fluid from that nipple. Freaked her out a bit too but it was totally fine. I have a girl friend with a high sex drive who lactated spontaniously for YEARS before ever having a child. Her doctor said it was hormones for both symptoms, nothing to worry about.

That said, it's worth it to have a doctor do a breast exam and hear your symptoms if you are EVER in doubt. My point with the stories above is simply to illustrate that our bodies are interesting little universes where strange things occur and it's not always something serious. Have a professional check you out but in the meantime no need to panic and cause yourself stress.

Good health to you. smiling smiley

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 06, 2009 05:49PM

I agree with coco: each woman's body is different, but have a doc check it out if this worries you and seems random.

I don't think the supplements were responsible, unless the licorice thing had phytohormones in it. But even that would be a stretch.

Posted by: RaeVynn ()
Date: October 02, 2009 04:21PM

If the 'licorice' was actually fenugreek, it can trigger lactation.

Women have used it for eons to support breastfeeding, especially those who breastfeed adopted/fostered infants.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much
We are all in this together!
Namasté

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables