Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Has anyone ever done a water fast?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 10, 2009 03:36PM

Today is day 6 of my juice fast and as great as I feel, I'm not getting the results I would like.
Has anyone been on a water fast that could tell me how much weight they lost over a certain period of time?
Any tips?
I want to do a water fast for 20 days... Thinking about starting tomorrow.
Thanks!
Krystelle

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Has anyone ever done a water fast?
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: September 11, 2009 12:03AM

Krystelle,
I have done a few water fasts-- a lot of short ones, and maybe 6 or 7 long ones-- i.e. 10, 14, 17 days... When I water fasted for more than a week, I lost a LOT of weight (and I'm one of those people who stalls on juice fasts!, so that's significant). However, I always have tended to feel very weak and nauseous on the 3rd day, and thereafter I tend to have to rest a lot and avoid activity. Everyone's different, and some people sail through it. I guess it depends on a number of factors, the most important of which is probably how toxic your body is at the time you're embarking on the fast.

I'm getting ready to do another one, myself, and psyching myself up so that I don't buy into the idea that I will have to feel ill on the 3rd day. Maybe this time it'll be easy! :-)

As for weight loss, water fasting is the most effective. But a bit of caution is in order. People who do lots of short water fasts sometimes slow down their metabolism in the long run. I've always been told it was better to do as long and complete a water fast as possible. You might want to check out some online articles (or buy a book) by Herbert Shelton. I consider him the Grand Czar of Water Fasting.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Re: Has anyone ever done a water fast?
Posted by: mysbenson ()
Date: September 16, 2009 12:02AM

I second the recommend on Dr. Shelton's data. He supervised enough of them over a long period of years.

I did six days. I felt icky the third day, tired the fourth day, energetic, and hungry the sixth day. So I broke the fast the morning of day seven. I tried to do a three day fast this past week and I couldn't, my body was screaming for nutrients so I had to stop after 24 hours. It was just not the right time. I had hoped to able to schedule them periodically, but now I believe it will just have to be the right time. I'm for listening to my body, following the indications I get from it. It took a long time for me to know what hungry is when fasting. It's not a stomach perception. Dr. Shelton's data is very helpful. Dr. Arnold Ehret wrote a great book on fasting, I have it and I like it, and it's cheap.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables