Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

constipation
Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: September 21, 2009 06:10PM

i know this has been mentioned before, but i seem to get constipated easily, I don’t want to waste veg by cooking it but im thinking of doing it just so im not constipated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: constipation
Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: September 21, 2009 07:00PM

Maybe your just not used to not going so much? How many times do you go in a day? When you say constipated, when was the last time that you went? I struggle with this too. I feel constipated, but have gone in the morning. Or it could be things slowing down and adjusting, not sure, but I know how you feel.

Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: September 21, 2009 07:01PM

also, add more juicy fruits to your diet like grapes. It helps me, or cucumbers. Cucumbers usually get things going again for mesmiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 21, 2009 07:09PM

Gramma had it right, it's prunes and prune juice to the rescue! Take it easy though, it's really strong. Just try a little at a time and increase as needed.
Soak prunes in water until soft and puree, add to water or fruit juice but keep it simple like just watered down apple juice, not a big funky combination.

Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: September 21, 2009 09:39PM

ok thanks Lizard and coco. i think i will have to try this. I know i am constipated as my poo this afternoon was lumpy, and it seems that it irrates a hemmi i had from the last time i got constipated.

if i get constipated i get a small amount of blood, if i don't Im fine.

Posted by: Janabanana ()
Date: September 22, 2009 12:13AM

Thats funny, I get constipated if I eat cooked food, even pumpkin soup...any raw food and no constipation. Have you looked at Your Body's Many Cries for Water www.watercure.com

PM CLEANSER ~ Mix together 1 part of each from herbalcom.com and use 1 tsp in a glass of water morning and evening.
Yucca root
Magnesium citrate
Bentonite Clay
Psyllium Husk Powder
Papain (Papaya enzymes)

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 22, 2009 12:23AM

more leafy greens like lettuce will relieve constipation smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables