Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Anyone familiar with Calcium Bentonite clay?
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: September 24, 2009 12:27PM

I recently heard about Calcium Bentonite clay on a health/wellness/other radio show that I listen to regularly. I had limited knowledge of it, but from the information that was presented during the show, this compound is absolutely amazing in what it is able to do.

Now, I am not one to be taken in by "snake oil" & the like, and I approach pretty much everything with a healthy dose of skepticism, but after a good deal of reading & internet research this one sounds like the real deal.

For those of you that may be interested in listing to the broadcasts, here is the link; [gcnlive.com]

The files are - 0915092 & 0915093

[www.livingclayco.com]

[www.aboutclay.com]

I would be interested to hear if anyone here has any experience with clay, whether internally or externally, as well as your opinions, etc.

Cheers!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone familiar with Calcium Bentonite clay?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 24, 2009 01:53PM

Sometimes I use it on my face as a mask. If you mix it with apple cider vinegar it bubbles up like crazy and is really, really fun. Not sure how much better it is than anything else but I like it alright.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 24, 2009 02:54PM

juicerkatz,

I've used the same application as coco; it works really well after exfoliating as a whole body skin treatment. I've actually seen it "drawing" things out of my skin--there's hope for that piece of graphite I lodged into my hand in a 4th grade test-taking mishap, yet!

I think Wheatgrass Yogi has experience with internal use of clay. I know of people who have successfully used it as a chelating treatment for built-up toxins. I am not sure about using it this way on myself. I picture a scene from a Dutch sci-fi film about a post-apocalyptic world where people have to eat clay and tree bark to survive, and I get turned off. ; )

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: September 24, 2009 03:01PM

juicerkatz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would be interested to hear if anyone here has
> any experience with clay, whether internally or
> externally, as well as your opinions, etc.
Thanks Katz for all the good information. I've
been using Pascalite Clay for years, for Oral Hygiene...keeps
the Gums and Teeth strong and healthy. It's a calcium-based
Bentonite clay with exceptional 'pulling' power....very
reasonably priced too.....WY

[www.pascalite.com]

Date: September 24, 2009 04:51PM

WY - I don't know if you listened to the podcasts I linked to... They mention the unbelievable pulling/drawing power of the clay, specifically for detox purposes.

Perry A~ also relates such stories as amputations being averted, bones being set, babies turned into proper position for birth, and even more amazing stories.

Seems hard to believe/imagine, but I can see it happening. Many folks called in with testimonials as well. A number use it for bee stings/poison/snake & spider bites, so much more. It is very expensive stuff at close to $500.00 for 40 lb., but well worth it for its' amazing healing properties.

God did it right when he created this planet, for sure.

Date: October 07, 2009 11:30AM

Okay...I picked up some Calcium Bentonite clay last evening, the popular "Indian healing clay". Not the real pure stuff that I want to get, but this was what was on the shelf at out local natural food store & for $7.00, what to lose?

WOW! I cannot believe the benefit I received from this! Well, I guess I can believe it, but I am very surprised that it has worked so quickly! I made up a very light mixture & applied it to my face last evening, around the eyes, neck area, pretty much everything.

I wasn't expecting that much out of it since I made it so watery thin, but almost immediately I noticed the tightening of the skin that so many talk about. Washed it off after about a 1/2 hr. I don't really have any skin problems/acne or anything like that - I just did it for a natural cleanse/deep pore cleaning, whatever.

Now here is the real interesting part - This morning at work I was looking over some paperwork that has very small print that I always need light strength reading glasses to make out the words...

BUT - I found that I didn't need to use the glasses at all!!!

I am able to read that fine print with my naked eyes!!! WOW! I am so excited that something as simple as "clay", which I basically applied probably a pennies worth to my face actually has cleared my vision!

I know it was that, as I haven't done anything else that would cause such a drastic change in only a few hours time! As an aside, I also notice that my facial/neck skin feels tighter as well.

I am hooked for life on this stuff. I believe I will start to use it 2 x a day, morn/eve., something like that.

What a benefit! Awesome!!! Hallelujah!!! Eureka!!!

Can you tell I am a wee bit excited over this?

Just wanted to share a personal testimony about this product - If any of you guys have similar vision problems, I strongly encourage you to give this a try. If you have been wearing glasses for a long time, I guess it may take longer to correct the situation...but then again, maybe not, as the online testimonials I read about this stuff is absolutely amazing!!!

You can't beat the awesome natural healing route that God has given us...
John 9:1-7

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2009 11:33AM by juicerkatz.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 07, 2009 01:41PM

juicerkatz,

This is really extraordinary. Please continue to post your experiences with the stuff, as I find your word considered and trustworthy : ) And also 'cos I'm a nerd : )

Date: October 07, 2009 04:37PM

Tamukha Wrote:
> juicerkatz,
>
> This is really extraordinary. Please continue to
> post your experiences with the stuff, as I find
> your word considered and trustworthy : ) And also
> 'cos I'm a nerd : )

Well, I'm a bigger "nerd", lol! And Tamu, don't you know you can't believe the stuff you read on the 'net?!?!? winking smiley

Seriously though, if y'all get a chance & haven't done so yet, give a listen to those "Power Hour" radio show clips that I posted earlier in this thread - amazing info. & testimonials!

No one is a bigger skeptic than I; I have a very hard time putting my trust in anything at all these days...

Also wanted to mention that I can now also make out the characters above the number keys on my pc keyboard w/out the glasses on. I wasn't able to tell which was which before yesterday, without using glasses (and from memory, except for the ones I used most often)

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 23, 2009 02:41PM

serious? man, i gotta break out my tub of secret clay and slather some on. i might just putty myself up from hairline to armpits, why not?! did you mix it with ACV or just plain water? it's fun with the vinegar, it fizzes up like mad...

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: October 25, 2009 02:20PM

I didn't realize there was this topic about clay when I asked about the activated charcoal...but I used to use clay for mud masks on my face, and it worked great for large pores and the small little blackheads. It never really made my pores smaller though, but with the exfoliating gloves they have all gone and I have very smooth skin and less wrinkles.

I'd be a little hesitant about ingesting the clay though..unless I was taking it in a colon cleanse perhaps.

I'll try to get in the podcasts about the clay..sounds interesting.

Love,
Prism

Date: October 25, 2009 09:11PM

Yes Prism, please listen to those podcasts! You will change your mind about ingesting clay after you hear them, I am sure.

Coco - I used purified water from my Berkey filter for mixing with the clay.

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: November 18, 2009 01:41PM

Does anybody know if there are any suppliers of this clay in the UK? I'm not having much luck googling. Thanks x

Posted by: Lejla ()
Date: November 21, 2009 01:48AM

Does anyone know how to use Calcium Bentonite internally?
Thanks for sharing.

Date: November 21, 2009 12:31PM

Check out the links in my initial post - there is good info. in those regarding the many uses of CBC...

Lejla Wrote:
> Does anyone know how to use Calcium Bentonite
> internally?
> Thanks for sharing.

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: November 21, 2009 01:19PM

Regarding internal use of bentonite clay and following the links from www.aboutclay.com, "Bentonite is an absorbent aluminium phyllosilicate, generally impure clay consisting mostly of montmorillonite." [en.wikipedia.org] Montmorillonite "Chemically it is hydrated sodium calcium aluminium magnesium silicate hydroxide (Na,Ca)0.33(Al,Mg)2(Si4O10)(OH)2·nH2O." [en.wikipedia.org]

So the question to me is whether 'sodium calcium aluminium magnesium silicate hydroxide' is something to be taken internally, and if so how much and how often. I don't know.

Date: November 21, 2009 06:45PM

If you have time, check out the podcasts in my initial post. There is much talk on there about the internal use of it.

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: November 22, 2009 02:36AM

JK - WHOA !!! 'scuse me while I scamper off to dust-off my container of Indian Healing Clay and dig out my bottle of Apple Cider vinegar! WOW !!! =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Date: November 22, 2009 08:18PM

I have been wanting to purchase the "living clay" from [www.livingclayco.com]

but I want to get the 40 lb. container, & I haven't had an extra $550 lying around to do so! That is the company that Perry A ~ is associated with, she is the main contributer of info. on [www.aboutclay.com]

She is great! So much info., many testimonials. I drive long commutes a few times a week, & I have downloaded all the podcasts/files from her site to keep me company on the drives.

And yes, she suggests the internal use of it, I have used it internally, no problems. It seems that is the way many/most folks use it. As long as you are getting a lab tested/clean clay that hasn't been contaminated, there is really no problem with doing that, or so I have been led to believe.

Clay is an inert substance, as such no organic material is contained therein, which is what makes it so safe to use for internal cleansing/healing.

I've even seen it tighten loose skin around the neck/face area on folks, those laugh lines around the eyes & mouth lessen or go away with regular use.

Beautiful stuff, I love it!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 23, 2009 02:23AM

$500 for 40lbs of clay... this world has truly gone mad with greed smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: November 23, 2009 05:05AM

Jgunn Wrote:
> $500 for 40lbs of clay... this world has truly
> gone mad with greed smiling smiley
That can't possibly be right. Unrefined Clay for the soil
(not for internal use) is less than $30 for a 44-pound bag. Expect to
pay $6 per pound for refined clay that can be taken internally, but who
would want 40 pounds of it, unless you're buying for a small Army?....WY

[www.planetnatural.com]

Date: November 23, 2009 12:49PM

Jodi - YES - The world has gone made with greed!

WY - The Pascalite website sells their 25 lb. bag for $275.00...

I don't have a small army, lol...but if you plan on using it a lot, especially for baths/soaks & internal use, I could see where it would be very cost effective to purchase bulk.

I have turned my mom on to using it...She has Diabetics, as well as other health problems, & it has seemed to help the circulation situation in her feet, as well as her arthritic knees...

It does seem very expensive, I feel it should be cheaper. Maybe it wouldn't cost so much if they would stop using so much of this precious material for cement mix & the like!

I understand there are also many other industrial uses for it, which helps to drive the cost up, I am sure.

Date: November 23, 2009 02:31PM

juicerkatz Wrote:
> WY - The Pascalite website sells their 25 lb. bag
> for $275.00...
I had no idea it was so expensive now. When I first started
using Pascalite, it was around $6 per pound (if I remember right). I
use it every day, and still have a couple of pounds in stock. When that
runs out, I'll pay whatever they want.....it's that good.....WY
P.S. You're doing better than I am. I can't get my family to even
try it.

Date: November 23, 2009 09:41PM

"P.S. You're doing better than I am. I can't get my family to even
try it."

Can you get your family interested in raw food at all?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables