Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Obesity could become top cancer cause
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: September 24, 2009 09:36PM

In this article Obesity could become top cancer cause obesity is declared as the top cause of cancer.

However, this is avoiding the real issue. What causes obesity? Answer: the standard western diet. Cooked processed foods. Animal products.

The media has no courage when it comes to writing the truth.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Obesity could become top cancer cause
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 25, 2009 06:19AM

i really beleive this article, well because ive already lived this sceneario , being obese , having cancer and the subsequent steps afterwards to recover and avoid these problems in the future

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: September 25, 2009 12:35PM

Not only is Obesity a Health risk, but the
obese person must suffer from lost Self-esteem and Self-
confidence. How can anyone let it go so far?
Obesity runs rampant where I live. no one seems to notice.....WY

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 25, 2009 01:26PM

Bryan,

If you noticed, in the article, the crux of the hypothesis; "obesity causes cancer," is inarguable--we are told that scientists aren't sure why being overweight causes cancer. I'm like, then why is this article categorically stating that? This isn't a lack of courage, Bryan. This is bad science and bad reportage, and it's no wonder obesity's being symptomatic of the fundamental disorder of diet(as you suggest) isn't discussed. That's too organic, and easily corrected: reverse obesity, reverse cancer potential. Nowhere in the article is anyone quoted as saying, "people need to eat more healthily and stay fit." No, instead we are told "hormones" in fat may be to blame, and hormones, as we all know, can be manipulated by pharmaceutical intervention. THAT is the underlying import of the article, IMO. Honestly, it's like hearing news from a distant planet populated entirely by the insane . . .

Posted by: Janabanana ()
Date: September 25, 2009 05:32PM

Obesity and Cancer are the same thing.
Diabetes, Heart disease, Chronic Fatigue, Candida, Osteoporosis, Arthritis, are the same thing.
ADD, Autism, Alzheimer's, Learning Disorders, Neurosis, Psychosis, Isolation, Loneliness, Loss of Soul-Vocational Direction are the same thing.
Alcoholism, Drug Addiction, Food Addiction, Sedentarism, Loss of Differentiation in the Sexes, Domestic Violence, Childhood Sexual Abuse, Decline of the Family Unit and Exploitive Capitalism...these too are the same thing.

That thing is the Degenerative Complex created by the antibiogenic process involved in the establishment of agriculture and civilization since the end of the Neolithic and Hunter Gatherer era. That is not to say that civilization and agriculture are "bad," but that the way we have undertaken them in the past and present without adequate scientific and mystical understanding of how Life and the universe are put together...has lead to the ongoing and accumulative degradation of the integrated fabric of living processes on Planet Earth...resulting inevitably in "The Degenerative Complex."

The messianic religions, patriarchy, war, genocide, rape of the earth, scarcity and degeneration are all symptoms of the same delusional sickness that perpetuates itself through intellectual and spiritual immaturity. Humanity has been holding itself back for thousands of years through the soul sickness I call the Degenerative Complex. Compliance to outer authority at the expensive of our inner sovereignty is what is destroying the humanizing principle and therefore killing Gaia. The entire Degenerative Complex arises from this misalignment with cosmic truth. Love is the only truth that is true and so the Source can be the only Master to the true life. To be virtuous is to be true to life!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2009 05:42PM by Janabanana.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 17, 2009 02:55AM

However, this is avoiding the real issue. What causes obesity?

Eating too much & moving too little.

There isn't any evidence that cooked food causes obesity.

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: October 17, 2009 06:32AM

I think obesity is caused by eating too much of the wrong things (i.e., cooked foods, refined sugar, fats, etc.). Now I eat much more in terms of volume than I did when I ate cooked foods, but I weigh less.

Although I have never been obese, I have been overweight at times - actually, most of the time. Losing weight was always a struggle because I felt deprived when I ate Lean Cuisine or Weight Watchers frozen dinners or when I just tried to eat less than what others were eating. And I WAS deprived - not just in quantity of food I could eat, but in terms of nutrition!

I can honestly say that I didn't know what to eat to lose weight without constantly feeling hungry. It wasn't that I was eating pies and cake. I wasn't. The only way I found to lose weight when I ate cooked foods was by restricting calories which meant to eat less. Feeling hungry all the time doomed any diet I tried. Now I know better. I eat when I feel hungry and only eat raw food. I only limit the amount of nuts, seeds and avocado to stay under 10%. IT WORKS! I'm not hungry. I'm within the normal range, according to fitday.com. I feel fantastic.

People really don't know about raw food. Most (all?) of us have grown up in homes where the SAD diet is the norm. It is what we were taught by parents, schools, doctors, commercials... everywhere gives "information" or rather, mis-information, about nutrition, but mostly it is just propaganda from the food industry and unintentional untruths by well-meaning, but misinformed people. It has been going on for so many generations now that people believe what they are told. Obesity didn't used to be an epidemic. It is now. But our genetic material hasn't changed.

My theory is that humans evolved to desire fat in the diet. Fat was extremely hard to come by in nature thousands of years ago and desiring/enjoying it was a good thing because it helped us seek out the small amount of fats that were needed. HOWEVER, now fat in food is too readily accessible and we suffer the consequence.

As to moving too little... I agree with you there. I don't see it as laziness, though. I think that moving less is also a result of too much fat in the diet. A "heavy" meal (i.e., heavy in fat) makes me feel sluggish. The more weight a person carries, the harder it is to move and be active. Put a 100 pound pack on a thin person's back and see how far she wants to jog!

In my opinion, quantity isn't the issue - quality is. And gluttony isn't the problem - ignorance is.

Posted by: pattycake ()
Date: February 17, 2010 05:13PM

I was just diagnosed with early breast cancer. I had surgery for thyroid cancer last August. I am overweight, am trying to reduce while fighting my thyroid. I also had radiation treatments in the 1970s which may have contributed. I heard flaxseed is good for breast health, and beet juice is good for detox. I try to keep raw, and drink green smoothies. Help!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: February 17, 2010 08:35PM

patycake , cancer seems to be reaching near epidemic proportions these days i wish you luck on your weight loss and continued road to health. I think jpart of the problem with excess fat (and i have enough of my own lol) is that toxins just love to store themselves in fat ...so .. a problem is born.

sending you hugs and well wishes and prayers smiling smiley

try to find an exercise you love and can live with ... i am a real couch potato unles i push myself but diet alone doesnt allow me to lose all the wieght or keep it off when i do , if i dont exercise (in my case i love swimming) the weight comes back quick !!

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2010 08:38PM by Jgunn.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: February 18, 2010 10:38AM

A large portion of cancers have a viral origin so unless you deal with the virus you'll never really get rid of it.

Date: February 18, 2010 02:54PM

powerlifer,

Not viral perhaps, but fungal, as per Tullio Simoncini's research. I still maintain that obesity is just a lower ranking symptom on the long spectrum of dysbiosis symptoms of which cancer is the extreme.

Date: February 18, 2010 09:48PM

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> powerlifer,
>
> Not viral perhaps, but fungal, as per Tullio
> Simoncini's research. I still maintain that
> obesity is just a lower ranking symptom on the
> long spectrum of dysbiosis symptoms of which
> cancer is the extreme.

not seen much research other than sites that spread there crap about candida being the cause of every disease under the sun.

i have seen alot of research which indicates viral origin.

candida is said to be the cause of every disease i hate those sites with passion.

Date: February 18, 2010 11:10PM

powerlifer,

Please advise as to where one reads that cancer can be viral in origin. I have never heard this, but there is a growing body of research that indicates fungus and cancer are correlative, Burkitt's Lymphoma being but one example.

Date: February 18, 2010 11:26PM

this is a great post from a guy i know:

Cancer viruses have been known since the early 1900s. Some of the examples in humans are:

Human T-cell leukemia/lymphoma viruses 1 through 4.

Human papilloma viruses linked to cervical, prostate, breast, nasopharyngeal and skin cancers.

Epstein Barre' virus that causes B cell lymphoma. This is what killed David "the bubble boy".

Simian virus type 40 that contaminated the polio vaccines given back in the 60s, and has been linked to a number of cancers including brain tumors.

Human herpes virus type 8 that causes Kaposi's sarcoma. There is also a bacteria induced Kaposi's sarcoma.

Hepatitis viruses have been linked to liver cancer.

The list goes on and on. But this is a great example of the exact reason we have not progressed further in cancer research. Even though viruses have been proven to cause the majority of cancers we have too many people who refuse to look at the evidence most often because they don't want a cure.

As I said, cancer viruses have been known for around 100 years. Even the HIV virus is a cancer virus. WAKE UP PEOPLE!!! And while you are at it why don't you check the research of the many researchers who have also proven viruses cause cancer such as Royal Rife and Virginia Livingston-Wheeler.

As for being contagious, anyone who really understands medicine would understand that viruses have a hard time infecting healthy immune systems. Have you ever been around someone with a cold or flu and never got sick with it?

Date: February 19, 2010 12:45AM

powerlifer,

I know about the HPV, of course, but what I meant was virus as a direct cause broadly; I am not sure about some of your examples(I have a great understanding of alternative cancer genesis hypotheses & treatment protocols), but your list is an intriguing array just the same.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables