Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Tooth soap
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 27, 2009 01:38AM

I want to make some since it seems to cost an arm and a leg to buy what amounts to a teensy weensy little wee bottle of the stuff. I mean, it's just SOAP!

See this site here...
[toothsoap.com]
[toothsoap.com]
the ingredients list is so simple except for the soap. It has to be glycerin free or it just doesn't work. Do you know what i can use for a substitute? It's hard to find, glycerin is very desirable in soap for your skin, just not for your teeth tongue sticking out smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tooth soap
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 27, 2009 05:39AM

this looks like a pretty bare bones olive oil soap, says they just use oil, water and mineral salts .. mayb contact them for more info smiling smiley

[www.alicco.com]

still looking for the saponified coconut oil...no luck yet heh smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: RaeVynn ()
Date: October 27, 2009 05:44PM

I'm fairly certain that Dr. Bronner's soap doesn't have glycerin.

I'm using Uncle Harry's jar toothpaste, which is really cheap, has no glycerin, has all those lovely ingredients... and, did I mention it's cheap? Like $8 for a jar that lasts me about three months.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much
We are all in this together!
Namasté

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: October 27, 2009 06:50PM

You can make your own tooth powder with tea tree oil, Oregano Oil, Baking soda or do a search for the organic tooth powder with those ingredients already in it. My friend worked with Hulda Clark and makes it and you can find it for under $10 and really it should last a year.

[drclarkstore.com] Note that Hulda Clark had no affiliation with this website as far as I know..she never sold or lent her name to any website that sold products but this is where you can find many of the formulas, and cleansers made according to Dr. Clark's recipes. The tooth powder is made from ingredients and suppliers that Hulda Clark had tested as being ok to use for my friend to make the tooth powder and I've seen her give away barrels of bakings soda that weren't up to Clark's standards. I have no affiliation with the products at all and only know first hand about the tooth powder. I helped package and label it a few times.

Just don't dip anything into it and make sure to put some in small dish when you use it for anytime your brush so not to contaminate it with bacteria.

Love,
Prism

Date: October 27, 2009 07:23PM

dr bronner's has glycerin, it's the only soap we use in the house but not in our mouths. i need something the kids won't hate, i read that the soap in the link is good stuff but really, that's so pricey for just soap! i'd like to try making it myself. i personally don't care what it tastes like so long as it works, the kids though are a different story...

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 28, 2009 03:56AM

well the whole soap making thing isnt hard its just you have to be really careful handling the lye during that part of the stage .. apparently from what ive read you can saponify pretty much any fat .. smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: October 28, 2009 01:04PM

I found Uncle Harry's toothpaste here for $6.00 online:
www.uncleharrys.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=UHNP&Product_Code=10150&Category_Code=MP-T

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2009 01:04PM by kwan.

Date: October 28, 2009 01:06PM

Sometimes I just brush with a little bit of green clay. Having seen the ingredients in Harry's tooth soap, however, I'm going to make my own with clay and a few other ingredients.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: October 31, 2009 09:57PM

I'm just using black activated charcoal and it cleans and whitens and helps with any problem areas, like tooth aches, infections, etc. I don't even rinse I just spit and then rinse sink out.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 01, 2009 11:06AM

Prism,

Is the charcoal not too abrasive for regular use?

Date: November 02, 2009 03:17AM

I am in the learning phase of using the activated charcoal, so that's a hard question for me to answer. So far it is not abrasive, but has helped to clean out the infection and pus from the tooth infection and in the meanwhile it's doing other good things.

I have not tried to mix any in water and drink it, as I just take one capsule in the morning and one in the evening. The I brush my teeth with it, and have mixed it with water to add it to the inside ear canal and plug with cotton overnight.

There are different grades too..and you can buy it in bulk. I am unable to do that for now.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: greathealth ()
Date: November 25, 2009 03:49PM

Anyone looking for cold-pressed, unrefined 100% Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil to make soap (no GMOs, no additives and no preservatives) try the soaper's delight from www.naturesapproved.com

I just put a post about oil pulling and I used their coconut oil. I swished the oil in my mouth for 20 minutes and seriously after just 20 minutes my teeth were whiter. I couldn't believe it. Oil pulling is supposed to help with gingivitis too. I don't know if it would be an alternative to brushing your teeth but I'd be curious if anyone finds out.

Date: January 07, 2010 01:45AM

I've found the various threads on toothpaste here interesting, but I wanted to clear something up. Glycerin is a natural part of the soap making process. Unless it is physically separated out of the soap (which commercial soapmakers do to put into lotions, etc) you cannot have soap that does not contain glycerin. If a soap doesn't list glycerin, that just means they didn't add any additional glycerin. So, even if you made your own soap it would contain glycerin.

Date: January 14, 2010 06:29PM

I recently couldn't find any Vicco tooth powder (my favorite tooth care product) locally for several weeks, so I went to the co-op and bought some IPSAB Tooth Powder in the interim, which has baking soda, salt, prickly ash bark powder and peppermint in it. (It's an Edgar Cayce formula.) I really like it, but I'll make my own version of it in the future, because I suspect the salt in it is not sea salt.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: February 05, 2010 12:18AM

Sometimes, I like to make my own soap too but yes you DO have to be careful with the lye! You don't want that on your skin that's for sure! It's quite satisfying to make your own and I found a wonderful online supplier that sells everything you need to do it including all sorts of scents and attractive packaging as well, if you really get into it. I hope you try it and have success with it because it's quite fun. These are the people with the soap making supplies. Good luck!

Jgunn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> well the whole soap making thing isnt hard its
> just you have to be really careful handling the
> lye during that part of the stage .. apparently
> from what ive read you can saponify pretty much
> any fat .. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables