Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Swine Flu hits close to home...
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: November 05, 2009 10:09PM

My sis-in-law just informed us that her son, 7 yrs. old has all the classic flu symptoms. They have three kids (1 boy/2 girls), all under 10. They do the conventional medical treatments, all the vaccines, SAD diet, the whole bit.

My wife is closer to them than I, so I asked her to make a few dietary/juicing/raw suggestions, stay away from "Chicken soup" (ugh) and the like. Most likely the advice will fall on deaf ears, especially since the advice is "unsolicited", but sometimes you just have to speak up.

Usually when her kids get sick, it goes around the entire family, since they all eat so unhealthy. My family is juicing big time to try everything we can to keep the immune system in top shape.

We are around them semi-frequently, so we sure don't want to pick anything up

Our local newspaper confirmed 1 swine flu death earlier this week of a 6 yr. old boy. What does it take for people to learn? I mean, when I approach so many folks with my RAW lifestyle, they really get defensive; almost to the point of "don't tell me how to live"... as they are lighting up the cig & chowing down on a cheeseburger...

Anyway, just had to get that off my chest; we all need to be ever vigilant at this time when such nasty viruses are floating around.

Good health to all,
JK

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Swine Flu hits close to home...
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 05, 2009 10:51PM

Sorry about your sis-in-law's family. I hope that they all pull through. I was chatting with my neighbor, a very level-headed single mom of two tweens, today. All three of them have been down with what is suspected to be the Swoo(that's what I call that bane of my existence), and I was like, "hmmmm, and somehow you are all still alive with herbal teas, orange juice, and bed rest." She just rolled her eyes. They are healthy people and that's why it's taking them collectively a mere 4 days to almost recover. She was angry as a fiend that a sibling of hers volunteered to babysit the child who was still sick while she went to work, and it turned out that he took the boy to his house . . . where his son with the rare kidney disorder and defunct immune system lives. My neighbor tried to explain that her kids have healthy immune systems, so they'll survive, but that exposing his son to what her son is sick with was dumb, DUMB. You are not alone in wondering where everyone's powers of reasoning have got to . . .

Date: November 05, 2009 11:20PM

"ou are not alone in wondering where everyone's powers of reasoning have got to . . ."

I've heard Mark Levin refer to folks like that as suffering from "Cranial Rectitis "

[www.urbandictionary.com]

There should be a wiki entry for this, since it seems so many are afflicted with it.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 05, 2009 11:23PM

Best of health to them, hopefully they have some reserves of constitutional good health to keep them in the good.

I am starting to seriously rethink sending little back to school this year. Not only does he hate it I feel like I chose the worst possible time to do so. I'm kicking myself right now.

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: November 06, 2009 09:00AM

Yeah well, I haven't had a flu or illness like that in about 3 - 4 years, which is about the length of time that I have been conscious of healthy eating choices and transitioning to raw. I know that there are many other people who have experienced the same thing on the raw diet. The general public however, still believe that cancer is caused by genetics or bad luck... go figure.

Date: November 06, 2009 12:37PM

Same here - in fact, I haven't been sick for probably close to 12 years or so, as that is about how long I have been involved in juicing/vegan/RAW in a serious nature. It is amazing how far one can progress when they have an open mind...

We all progress at different levels, sadly some never progress past SAD & all that goes with it. And as you mentioned, most are brainwashed into the genetics or bad luck way of thinking.

"you mean my diet/lifestyle/what I eat could be responsible for my condition?" What? you must be crazy!"

Back to the topic at hand; when we (my wife) talked to her sister last eve. to "gently" suggest some healing ideas to her, she was informed that the youngest girl (age 4) now has the same symptoms.

They are eating chicken broth & drinking ginger ale to combat the illness. I believe it is Canada Dry, I am not certain. >>>my bad attempt at a dry joke<<<

All we can do is make gentle suggestion, but it is very difficult to stand on the sidelines & watch little ones suffer needlessly, especially when help/healing is so close & easily accomplished.

Lightform Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah well, I haven't had a flu or illness like
> that in about 3 - 4 years, which is about the
> length of time that I have been conscious of
> healthy eating choices and transitioning to raw. I
> know that there are many other people who have
> experienced the same thing on the raw diet. The
> general public however, still believe that cancer
> is caused by genetics or bad luck... go figure.

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: November 06, 2009 10:51PM

A Little Piggy in Big Trouble
If only the swine flu was just a nursery rhyme

This little piggy has a fever.
This little piggy just sneezed.
This little piggy feels achy.
This little piggy just wheezed.
And this little piggy went
wheeze-wheeze-wheeze-wheeze
all the way home.

The swine flu epidemic
is hardly child's play.
Much more than steal your bacon,
it can take your life away.

In Mexico, it's tragic.
The death toll's on the rise.
But not just there, it's everywhere
as one more victim dies.

This news is more than headlines.
The pigs have left the pen.
This flu will claim a whole lot more.
It's just a case of when.

Pork bellies speak of futures,
but swine flu's present tense.
Let's pray it all will soon be past
before it grows immense.

Date: November 07, 2009 02:28PM

riverhousebill,

Did you write that? Send it to "Mother Jones"![shrieking with delight]

Date: November 10, 2009 11:37AM

My swine flu poem...

Little pig little pig, your the crim.
No there not, it's a plot, we're being suckered in.

Little pig little pig, you can never win.
Thats the plan, it's in our hands, just look beyond the doctrine.

I'm huffing, I'm puffing, I'll spread dispair abound.
Only if we let them with our kneejerk naiveteeee.

I'm huffing, I'm puffing, I'll spread the germ around.
Only if we let them with our blinkered conformiteeee.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2009 11:38AM by Lightform.

Date: November 10, 2009 11:41AM

and when the third little pig got wind of all the bad air, he promptly switched diets, rejected the vacines, and elected a new government winking smiley.

Date: November 10, 2009 12:15PM

Lightform Wrote:
> and when the third little pig got wind of all the
> bad air, he promptly switched diets, rejected the
> vacines, and elected a new government winking smiley.

Did the third little pig let the others' in, or did he shut the door blocking them out?!?

That's what I would do, sorry! winking smiley

Great stuff Lightform & riverhousebill.

Anyway, an update - All three kids have ended up with the flu, first one is on the mend by now. They did do a couple of the (healthful) things my wife suggested to them, but for the most part followed the conventional methods of treatment.

What was the year in the 70's when the swine flu made its' appearance? I forgot when it was...

Date: November 11, 2009 12:52AM

juicerkatz,

1976 at Fort Dix. The Wiki page seems to have been "gotten to" by the, um . . .

Date: November 11, 2009 02:58AM

Tamukha Wrote:
> juicerkatz,
>
> 1976 at Fort Dix. The Wiki page seems to have
> been "gotten to" by the, um . . .

Well surprise - surprise...

The medicine was actually responsible for more deaths than the disease was!

[en.wikipedia.org]

Follow the money...

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: November 11, 2009 03:55PM

Lightform Wrote:
> and when the third little pig got wind of all the
> bad air, he promptly switched diets, rejected the
> vacines, and elected a new government winking smiley.

Lightform, I like the way you think!! AWESOME !! =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Date: November 12, 2009 02:20AM

winking smiley
Thats why we all come here, we all have like minds. Hoorraah.

Date: November 20, 2009 11:15PM

Add to favorites
Examiner Bio The truth about swine flu: Rumsfeld profits, the masses are drugged
April 30, 9:52 AMDC Ethical Issues ExaminerLaura Harrison McBridePrevious
Next Comment Print
Email
RSS Subscribe
Subscribe
Get alerts when there is a new article from the DC Ethical Issues Examiner. Read Examiner.com's terms of use. Email Address

Include other special offers from Examiner.com
Terms of Use

Not all pigs are swine: some are former bureaucrats (USDA photo)Yesterday, I wrote a fairly lengthy column about the unethical failure of the media to note that flu--any flu--is relatively easily treated with non-Big Pharma drugs. Of course, that would mean Donald Rumsfeld would fail to get richer, and the American public would fail to be sheep led to the slaughter.

Please visit Dr. Mercola's site for a complete and informative overview of what's going on and what to expect. If you read to the end, you'll find Dr. Mercola will give permission to reprint his article anywhere you like. Why didn't I do that, then? Simply because he offers other information on his website that readers wouldn't get in a reprint.

Please take his information seriously. Even reading it--even if you choose to drink the Big Pharma Kool Aid--will at least indicate to the corporate pigs, with their insatiable appetites for stealing our peace and ultimately our lives, that we will not be led easily to the slaughter by their selfish--and I use this word rarely--EVIL
This is a Bio atack being shoved into our lives, Why in the hell would a person worry about the likes of Alqada and other forms of terror when The Mother TRucken
Pharmies are shooting us up with lies and toxins. I say kickem in the ass and that is done by exposeing truth in this culture of fear.
The Brit med Journal says more than have the worlds medical folks are not buying into the lies. The outbreak in 76 at fort dingaling(Dix) was the worst vacine program to ever go out before it was halted. killed hundreds paralized thousands.
We need a very new way of thinking, this stuff is crackers. good luck to us all
man we will need it!
Lapaz rhb

Tamukha, I did not write that poem found it somewhere?

Date: November 21, 2009 01:27PM

riverhousebill,

You didn't write the poem? Bummer! But you're still the bees knees to me : )

Date: December 01, 2009 07:53PM

!!

The Big Bad Wolf said,

I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house down!
The three little pigs said,

F**k off or we'll sneeze on you!
Lapaz

Date: December 01, 2009 11:09PM

riverhousebill,

Still . . . laughing . . . so . . . hard . . . I . . . can . . . barely . . . type . . .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables