Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Anyone have fibromyalgia and Raw food helped?
Posted by: serenad ()
Date: January 14, 2010 03:12PM

A friend of mine just got diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I was wondering if anyone has had it and has success that I can share with her.

Thanks,
Serena

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone have fibromyalgia and Raw food helped?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 13, 2010 03:30PM

I have had Fibromyalgia for 3 years and started eating Raw food about 6 months later. It pulled me out of the severe pain and enabled me to start exercising. I improved for about 6 months, but then got pneumonia and couldn't get myself to make anything. I fell back into a SAD diet for about a month. I then did a candida cleasnse program for a few months. I lost about 40 lbs between the 2 diets which helped the pain in my knees from the extra weight. After that I went back to work and had no time to make anything other than green smoothies from time to time. A year later and I have put back on 30 lbs and I am in a Fibro flare. So I have been eating a lot of Raw food again for about a month. I noticed cutting out dairy decreased my GI problems within a week. I originally started Raw because of reading about a woman with Fibrmyalgia who cured herself with eating 100% Raw.

Posted by: serenad ()
Date: February 16, 2010 03:29PM

Thanks for the repsonse. I am trying to get my friends to try raw but she seems to not be all into it. I feel like it could really help her but it seems she rather take the medication instead. :-(

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: February 17, 2010 04:45PM

Fibromyalgia has also been linked to low serotonin levels. 5-HTP supplements can be used to raise serotonin levels. Although a better way is to increase the intestinal flora, which produces about 80% of the body's serotonin. Probiotics, such as kefir, and prebiotic fibers will increase the flora, and thus serotonin levels.

Fibromyalgia is also a disorder of improper adenosine triphosphate (ATP) formation by muscle cells in which case magnesium malate is a good choice.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables