Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Oral Contraceptives - Birth Control
Posted by: ShineSeek ()
Date: January 19, 2010 09:42PM

Hi everyone. As my raw journey continues I find myself questioning the prescription drugs I take: oral contraceptives and wellbutrin. Does anyone have any info as to the negative side effects of these drugs??? I'm weighing the risks vs. benefits...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oral Contraceptives - Birth Control
Posted by: badawie ()
Date: March 02, 2010 10:48PM

I use a persona machine for BC because pills made me crazy sick. you test 8 times a month and it gives you green, red, orange (orange means pee on a test stick please!). It measures lutenising hormone. Been using it for years without accident. But you have to be disciplined to use it.

Re welbutrin, are you taking it for something serious? If not there are many other alternatives. Kanna (sceletium tortuosum) is a natural SSRI and it works in 24 hours instead of 6 weeks and has no side effects! Yerba mate tea is amazing for mood (though it's an MAOI so you need to be careful about drug interactions) and it helps control appetite, fight cancer, it's a natural anti-histamine and anti-inflammatory.

Blue lotus flower (nymphaea caerulea), avena sativa (oats) are AMAZING for anxiety. Valerian is a natural benzodiazepine and passion flower (passiflora incarnata) is a hypnotic.

I honestly don't know why people still take pharmas (unless it's a severe issue like bipolar 1/schizophrenia). I was really skeptical but the ones I mentioned really work. I now throw all doc prescriptions away and find natural alternatives. The university of maryland has a great CAM site that lists all clinical studies done on natural medicines.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables