Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Best time to take vitamin supplements
Posted by: rufio ()
Date: January 20, 2010 11:24PM

I have been taking a Vit D supplement and Zinc (a mineral actually) and was wondering if there is a perfect time to take them. I've just been taking it after dinner. The zinc doesn't go down too well on an empty stomach.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Best time to take vitamin supplements
Posted by: loeve ()
Date: January 21, 2010 06:53PM

With zinc it might depend on the form? I take 11mg of zinc oxide as part of a daily multivitamin (which also includes 500 IU of vit D and 0.9mg of copper), and understand that the zinc oxide will break down in the acidic environment of the stomach into a usable form. So I guess I should be taking it with a meal, as opposed to, say, between meals with a glass of water. I'm just starting to look into it though...

Posted by: kratom712 ()
Date: January 23, 2010 04:15AM

i like OPTIZINC BY SOURCE NATURALS.you can take anytime,really high quality,very mild on stomach.its zinc monomethionine and copper sebacate.gives me mental clearity.cost about 9.00 for bottle of 120 .i take about 3to 4 a day.i buy mine at the vitamin shop.ricardo

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: January 25, 2010 02:21AM

I don't take supplements regularly but when I take supplements I take them with meals.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: February 07, 2010 04:08PM

Zinc should be taken with your largest meal of the day.

vitamin D being a fat soluable vitamin should be taken with food.

general rule is herbs should be taken at least 20 minutes before food, along with amino acid supplements.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables