Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

how would you treat jock itch?
Posted by: fruitylou ()
Date: March 17, 2010 07:32AM

i fear i have a stubborn case of jock itch. ive tried applying tea tree oil, apple cider vinegar, neem oil, lavender oil, and although they do provide relief, its only temporary. the itch wont go away!

i have some coconut oil i could try next. is this something i should be fighting internally? what should i take that wont destroy all bacteria in my body?

i dont want to use tinactin or gold bond until its a last resort.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: how would you treat jock itch?
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 17, 2010 11:50AM

try some coconut oil topically and internally.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 17, 2010 12:22PM

Make sure your, um, parts can breathe! Coconut oil topically and supplementally is a good idea. I'd stop applying caustic things to the area, as they will only cause further problems in the future. Lastly, I am guessing by your screen name that you eat a lot of fruit, but what is your fat intake? Some people have success with healing from other topical fungal disorders by eliminating overt fat for a time. Good luck.

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: March 17, 2010 05:26PM

I've had jock itch before associated with team sports and dirty locker rooms. "Cruex" spray was the thing to use then and it worked. I'd use the same now as I dislike having the condition. If you google "ringworm" you'll find people having success with salt solutions on ringworm, a related condition. Salt water worked great for my stubborn athlete's foot though it's not a permanent cure, that being the removal of the conditions favorable to the fungus, whatever they may be.

By the way, these fungi grow in the outermost layer of dead skin and rely on moisture from bathing or perspiration. I found my athlete's foot couldn't tolerate getting its drink from salt water for long.

Best of luck whatever you choose.

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: March 29, 2010 06:07PM

if you are against chemical solutions, I would try a strong essential oil blend. Like tea tree lavender or something. essential oils kill funguses. I like the salt water idea also. i'd just dump salt in my crotch. Cure it like some jerky!

The Raw Lion 440 pounds to 225 pounds!

Date: April 02, 2010 12:09PM

Haha, get yourself to the Dead Sea where the salinity is ten times that of ordinary sea water and find relief from all sorts of pesky fungal and bacterial skin ailments....wonder how long of a soak it takes before you are "done". Also wouldn't hurt to bare all and soak up a little sun.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: April 02, 2010 06:21PM

if you like dead sea salt, you should try himalayan crystal salt has 80+ trace elements and is great for the skin.

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: April 04, 2010 02:43PM

My girlfriend, who is an herbalist, confirmed that tea tree is the ultimate for fungus. It will not live through tea tree oil !

The Raw Lion 440 pounds to 225 pounds!

Date: April 06, 2010 03:35PM

powerlifer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> if you like dead sea salt, you should try
> himalayan crystal salt has 80+ trace elements and
> is great for the skin.

I've heard good things about Himalayan salt, that it is from an ancient sea bed. I suppose the proportions of minerals would be comparable to those in the oceans today (the Dead Sea has a unique mix of elements), except there's the perception that an ancient sea would have been pristine. That's true but I also believe the oceans of today in certain regions are clean enough for salt production. I bicycle to a favorite spot to collect the water then simmer it down into salt or use it as is or concentrated for soaking.

Neem oil is great for spraying my apple trees for controlling fungi and bugs, and some swear by it for skin ailments. Good stuff!

Posted by: fruitylou ()
Date: April 13, 2010 06:00AM

i do have some pink himalayan salt... how would i use this on my body?
my jock itch has subsided through daily applications of acv + tea tree oil though

Date: April 13, 2010 03:50PM

I think it depends, fruitylou, on what the therapy is for. For instance with my athlete's foot I used sea water at a concentration of salt of about 3.5% (later up to 6%) and did 15 minute (or longer) warm foot soaks twice daily for a few weeks. It was a very stubborn case and the therapy worked great.

They say with jock itch to soak with a "generous" amount of salt. I'd say to start with a 3 to 6% concentration of salt in warm water for 15 minutes twice/day and go from there, based on my own experience with foot soaks.

By the way, that's good news that the apple cider vinegar and tea tree oil is working for you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables