Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

IBS
Posted by: kheaton4 ()
Date: June 29, 2010 08:00PM

Does anyone know of a natural cure for Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
Kevin

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: IBS
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 30, 2010 12:52AM

I cured mine, 2 months 100% raw followed by the master cleanse and then a colonic. I still have to be careful how I eat but the crippling pain and horrific gassy belly are gone, for years now too.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: July 08, 2010 11:23AM

IBS has been linked with low levels of good flora.

building up your good flora is a good start using fermented foods such as water kefir, cultured veggies, this will kick start repopulating your good bacteria.

then you must feed them with prebiotic fibres such as rice bran, oat bran, seaweeds, fos, inulin etc.

Posted by: kheaton4 ()
Date: August 03, 2010 03:00AM

Has anyone also had kidney stones?

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: August 03, 2010 11:40PM

Coco: I have someone in my life who has this issue. She has to go to the hospital once a month and they do something there (mainly give her painkillers, it seems) and I tried to tell her about avoiding gluten. She said that she was an expert in anatomy, etc. etc. I believe that IBS is probably Celiac's. Most American doctors take over a decade to properly diagnose it. In Europe it only takes about 1.5 years for the diagnosis. Do you think that there is a different cause and symptoms for IBS, and if so, what are they? Thanks in advance!

Date: August 04, 2010 01:46AM

I have no idea, I only know that I was appalled to have a doctor tell me that there was "no cure" and that nothing I did or didn't do had caused my issues or would have an affect on me. WTF is that? It's my digestive system so logic follows that it must be something with what I eat, how, how often, how much, in what combination. Right? RIGHT! Stupid freaking doctors.

Listen, being an expert in anatomy has zero to do with knowing thing one about nutrition. But if your friend wants to suffer instead of simply trying this easy thing that doesn't hurt her and may make her well again, let her. It's her life. Too bad and everything but oh well, you can't force people to do anything and it's frustrating and unhealthy for you to even try.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: August 05, 2010 12:56AM

Oh Coco, she is allowing her ego to block possible helpful info and I am not trying to be a know-it-all, either! I just hate to hear her tell me all these horrible things that happen when she goes to the hospital and now she thinks she's gonna have to have part of her intestines removed. You are right about doctors, too. They are experts in pathology but what about prevention? And the "cure" for Celiac's is simple avoidance of gluten. No meds necessary. I cannot help but wonder, though, if IBS and Celiac's are one and the same but rarely have I seen it linked.

Date: August 05, 2010 02:11PM

I don't know, I can eat bread and grains of all kinds, raw or cooked no problem but I get a gassy belly from bad combining, late night eating, too much food, etc. It's hard to know what sets it off and I haven't had a crisis since I healed myself though I do best if I take care what I eat now.
I know the feeling of wanting to help, believe me I do. But sometimes the best help is no help at all. Just be there for her and let her cry on your shoulder without needing to help or fix things for her if you can stand it. It's an exercise for us in letting things roll like water off a duck's back when faced with this sort of thing. It's unbelievably hard, especially when you think there's a quick and easy solution and they don't even want to try it. I totally understand the frustration...

Date: August 07, 2010 03:30AM

I managed to develop and maintain ibs without any gluten at all, personally--it was mainly the spices, high-fat eating, stress, and overeating that caused it. Anyway, the cure is a good diet--low-fiber, blended foods, low fat--nothing irritating.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2010 03:30AM by Centrode.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: August 08, 2010 11:20PM

A friend I made recently and her father both have celiac's, its so bad that if they where to eat a soup, made with onions in it, that had been cut with a knife that earlier that day had sliced some bread, and hadnt been thoroughly washed, they would be sick for months... which is why they are lucky that im really thorough about cleaning,lol... made some butternut squash soup for my friends going away bbq, and my soup was the only one there they could eat >.< the daughter, my age, was like "If you hadn't just eaten a tomato sandwich, id kiss you." after she tasted the soup, lol...

I have also had multiple people I have known in the past with IBS, only one didn't eat gluten, still had symptoms, the rest as far as I know still have their symptoms, and I dont think they have tried raw vegan... there are 2 I think I can still contact, I shall have to give them you're suggestions coco!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables