Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

DETOX AFTER Birthcontrol-Pill
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 10, 2010 01:39PM

Hello everybody,

Do u have any Detoxes SPECIAL to help to get out the hormons during the Post-Pill-Phase quicker? (Acupressure, special Massages, Diet suggestions like special food that may help)

i wanted to start a Topic about birthcontrol, especially because i have trouble with my (birth-conrtol)-Pill...
I am on the Pill since i am 16 (now i am 24). So i took it eight years without any breaks. I was not really aware about the dramatic sideeffects. When i had my first boyfriend with 16 my mother drag me to the gynecologist. So since that i knew a little about how it actually works etc.
I was 16, the Dr. prescribed it, nearly every girl took so i woulnd't worry a long time.

But currently like i said i am having trouble with it, which also is hard on my relationship. Sideeffects like complete lost of Libido, really complete i hardly feel anything down there its like a neutral spot. And like mentioned i took since 16, before i had no sex-life etc. i have nothing to compare with, like if my libido has changed before/after the Pill, or what it would be like without the pill.
I also cry for no reason, so i went to my Gynecologist and she gave me another pill which i am taking now for a month which brought me headaces, which i never had even not if i drank to much.... so she said when the pill she gave me doesnt improve my condition we should talk about a IUD (non-hormonal).

I was already looking for natural BC-Methods but the temparatur-method is to insecure because, think about it i never did it so it would take time anyway till i could i rely on it, i red 6-12 month on top i havend had a real cycle sinse 8 years so i guess i will have some issues after i got off the pill so for now its not a option on its own.... So i thought about the IDU PLUS the Temperatur-method so i would prevent pregnacy & start with geing the 'data' of my cycle & get to kow it as soon as it will be 'normal', and maybe if it has regulated even get rid of the IUD.
(i often read that women often do not have the menstrual bleeding for 6 months after they got of it.)

Getting pregnant is not an option for me, also aint abortion, so its kind of dilemma because i want a very secure protection but no hormones anymore.
I also read that even if your off the BC-Pill u can remain 6-9/12 Months in a Post-Pill-Phase which also means unregular till no menstrual bleeding, also the sideeffect will/can stay. (also heard about studys that 6 Month of BC-Pill can destroy/increase ur cycle, libido for ever)

The longer i am on the path of a more healthy life hormones aint an option for me anymore.
Women also tend to choose a different kind of men if they are on a hormonal birthcontrol, so i guess that also shows what impact it hase on the female psyche.

This Monday july, 12th i will have my appointment with my gyneconologist for an consultation.
I am lookin forward to a life without hormones!!!!! Been Vegan for about 3 years & currently add more & more raw living foods to my diet getting of the hormones is the next step.

Thanks for your help!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DETOX AFTER Birthcontrol-Pill
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 10, 2010 02:31PM

This is an interesting article from Dr. Mercola:

[articles.mercola.com]

Good luck with your doctor appointment, and I wish you success in your journey to health : )

Date: July 10, 2010 05:45PM

The IUD with hormones is the same sort of thing as the pill. If an IUD is the way you decide to go, ask for one that is hormone free.

If you don't ever want to have children (that you give birth to) tubal ligation (tube tie) is a permanent option.

Tempurature measuring isn't very effective but a similar method using a small personl microscope to view a daily sample of your saliva is incredibly acurate. However, you would have to make a routine of it.

Condoms and spermicide are still the best method out there, the most reliable and the most effective if used correctly. This is the only method that prevents sexually transmitted diseases as well so it's doubly good.

Date: July 10, 2010 07:03PM

yeah the hormon free is on the 'table', bcuz hormones it was troubles me so wouldnt make sense to take other 'form' of hormonal BC.
I defently want to have children later so it must be reversable.

When it comes up to the safety i am struggelin bcuz, the Pearl Index shows different numbers depending on the sites u surfing on the internet & i dont realy find sources who made the studies etc. so if u look in detail on it, it makes a different if one method is listed as 0,8 - 3 or 0,5 - 6 so i was just wondering if every company makes the test itsself , are there any conditions & who checks them cuz otherwise i finde the number not soo reliable (if ur looking not for a general but in detail). For exemple the Condom & spermicide Method is not describes as the safest method.

Detox advice for a post-pill-phase anyone outthere experienced something alike , let me know!!!

Date: July 11, 2010 12:33AM

As far as detox goes I am not a big fan of doing anything out of the ordinary (eating healthy, exercising regularly, getting adequate sleep, fresh air, clean water etc). I think purposeful detoxing puts a great strain on the body to do something faster than it normally would. I say let your body take care of it in it's own time by supporting natural healthy function.

Posted by: meganbubbs ()
Date: July 14, 2010 05:18AM

Have had my IUD (non-hormonal paraguard) for two years now, and I love it.

As far as detox from hormones, I've heard it takes about 3 months for those to leave your system. Regular advise like drinking lots of water and exercise.

I love acupuncture and would recomend it, the acupuncturist should tell you where your imbalances are.

Also thinking along the lines of Sauna/steam room might speed up the process.

Date: July 18, 2010 10:27PM

IUD is good, it do not hurt the inside body system

Date: July 19, 2010 12:43AM

Well, that's not entirely true. Because a small part of it hangs down outside the cervical seal (thereby rendering it unsealed) it is fairly common for women with an IUD to exprience pelvic inflamatory disease. It's like there's a highway for bacteria straight up into the uterus. It's a good option but it's not completely harmless.

A friend told me just last week that she was experiencing some very strange symptoms of illness, fever, diahrea etc, couldn't figure out what was up with her body and then her IUD fell out. Her body rejected it after having it for a few months.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables