Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

assist please ...
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 28, 2010 04:05AM

i am a bit bummed even though i have been on coumadin , i take the warfarin sodium version for around twenty two years since i was six years old. i have a mechanical st. jude's heart valve as i have heart related issues predominantly hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy. a bit bummed cause of warfarin. i feel like i can not get the nutrients my body needs? is it possible to go raw foods? i want to consume a healthier lifestyle as i all ready do not enjoy consuming much meats and current things as packaged foods do not derive much energetic qualities. here is a bit more on my background ... hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy mechanical heart valve; have been underweight a majority of my life malnourished currently still am somewhat underweight though finally enjoys food again as i had what mimicked Crohn's Disease for several years it was horrendous pain from which i am in remission now. i think that is all for now please let me know if anything else is required.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: assist please ...
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 28, 2010 03:12PM

designchef,

Have you discussed eating a plant based diet with your cardiologist and other physicians? Your nutrient needs may be significantly different than those of someone without obstructive cardiomyopathy, specifically with regard to electrolytes. I would suggest discussing you heart's specific energy requirements with your doctors to see how raw plant foods could help you. I would not recommend ceasing Warfarin in your case without medical approval. Also, you must try to get a strict diagnosis of the digestive disorder and its origin. It is good that you are listening to your body and feel you can do better for it. I wish you luck as you learn more.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 31, 2010 08:43PM

Tamukkha :

Thank you for responding. Well if I did consume more plant based foods, I would have to keep it up regularly in order to keep the PT/INR at the correct levels. I believe I may be able to make this work with close monitoring and what not. I just need a more optimal nutritional intake as the current one is not working for me.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 31, 2010 11:21PM

designchef,

I think it's good that you are willing to eat more plant foods and to be monitored by your physicians while doing so. I wish you good luck and great health smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables