Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

COLON CANCER
Posted by: nikosmama ()
Date: December 13, 2010 11:56PM

Hello my boyfriend was diagnosed at 38 with a cancorous tumor on his large intestine. He is starting to drink green smoothies with kale, broccoli sprouts and I've been reading about tumeric. Coming fpom a samoan background his meals would consist of nothing but fat fried red meat with oil and soy sauce. Just a really bad diet me and him both are trying to lose weight and live heathier but I was wondering if anyone knows and other types of cancer fighting greens?? Thanks and God Bless!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: COLON CANCER
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: December 14, 2010 01:02AM

Please check out Dr. Lorraine Day's website. She used a raw food/juices diet to assist in her healing of Cancer.

[www.drday.com]

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: December 14, 2010 02:17AM

Cutting out the animal products, frying with oil, and soy sauce will help. Eatings fresh fruits and salads will be an excellent replacement for those old foods. Also cutting out processed foods and processed fats is very useful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2010 02:19AM by Prana.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 14, 2010 03:26PM

It is essential to cut out all things--not just food but other lifestyle factors--that have contributed to the disorder. Diet is the easiest place to start. Consider for juices also: Spinach, chard, silverbeet, white and red cabbage(can be spicy when juiced), all lettuces and wheatgrass.

He is lucky to have your help, and to be willing to try a natural approach to help his body heal. Good luck to you both.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: December 14, 2010 09:24PM

Also Bok Choy has been shown to drastically reduce the chances of cancer spreading... I forget the term for what it does though... but basically it helps starve the cancer, and any new tumors trying to form.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Date: December 15, 2010 06:39AM

Thank you for the comment!! Its gonna be hard but we have a 16 month old and want his daddy around for a long time!!

Date: December 15, 2010 06:42AM

I don't have a juicer yet just a blender =( can I throw the buk choy in with some fruits you think¿?

Date: December 15, 2010 06:43AM

Prana Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Cutting out the animal products, frying with oil,
> and soy sauce will help. Eatings fresh fruits and
> salads will be an excellent replacement for those
> old foods. Also cutting out processed foods and
> processed fats is very useful.

Thank you for your reply!!

Date: December 15, 2010 06:44AM

Thank you all for your replys!!

Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: December 15, 2010 08:20AM

I think blending would be the superior option when compared to juicing. Lack of fiber is often a huge contributing factor to colon cancer. By blending you will have lots of fiber in the final product, whereas juicing does not.

Date: December 16, 2010 04:46AM

bok choy works great in fruit smoothies, Ive enjoyed it, it has a pretty mild taste, so any fruit you put in there should cover up the flavor easily, and even by itself, it doesnt taste bad, better than most green smoothies,lol... little orange juice completely covers up the flavor too, for me at least. Make sure to clean it really thoroughly if your not buying organic however.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: tropical ()
Date: December 16, 2010 12:59PM

Are you doing any colon cleansing? That's where you ingest herbs and they work like a facial on the walls of the colon and clean it? There are dozens of products and ways to do this so I wouldn't know which one is best for colon cancer but it's what I would do if I had colon cancer.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: December 16, 2010 01:03PM

Colon cleansing products are a scam, there is no such thing as mucoid plaque as they suggest, no coroner has ever came across it.

They are usually based around psyllium seed husks which can be an irritating fibre and most likely shouldn't be used in those with colon cancer.

If you want to increase fibre then non bloating/irritating sources such as rice bran(rich in antioxidents, vitamins, minerals etc) so is a better choice, seaweeds a good source of fibre, fruits, vegetables etc.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: December 16, 2010 09:06PM

mama....I vote for a non-food cure of Colon Cancer. Your boyfriend's Body will consume the Tumor (or greatly reduce the size) through Water Fasting.
Do the Research....Do the Time....Come away Healed......WY

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: December 16, 2010 09:20PM

nikosmama,

If you don't mind my asking, what stage is your husband in? Has it spread beyond the colon? What treatment does/has your doctor recommended? If I had cancer and I could only use one nutritional therapy, this would be it. [www.diseaseproof.com]

Dr. Fuhrman's Anti-Cancer Solution
Posted on November 27, 2006 by Joel Fuhrman, M.D.
Email This

Print

Comments (4)

Share Link
From the November 2005 edition of Dr. Fuhrman’s Healthy Times:

Eat to prevent cancer, to slow cancerous progression, and, possibly, to beat cancer. No treatment—not even a program of nutritional excellence—is consistently effective for “curing cancer.” Cancer is a bizarre end-stage disease that responds in an unpredictable fashion, but dietary protocols that include vegetable juicing and high intake of cruciferous vegetables offer the most potential for treatment and for increasing the survival of cancer patients.

Here are the seven most important dietary steps to take:

1. Vegetables (not fruits) should comprise the largest part of your diet. They should include raw salad vegetables, raw solid vegetables such as broccoli and snow pea pods, as well as cooked vegetables, which should be steamed lightly, lightly sautéed in water, or cooked in soups.

2. Sprouts are an excellent concentrated source of phytochemicals. Try mung, radish, alfalfa, and broccoli sprouts. Broccoli sprouts are the richest natural source of sulforaphane.

3. Include large amounts of green, leafy vegetables (spinach, romaine lettuce, kale, collards, and chard) and choices from the cabbage family (cabbage, baby bok choy, brussels sprouts, red cabbage, and Chinese cabbage) in your salads.

4. Drink fresh-squeezed vegetable juice two or three times a day, made with carrots, beets, tomatoes and greens (kale, collards, wheat grass, mashe, and cabbage). This provides the broadest spectrum of cancer-fighting nutrients. Only use organic vegetables for juicing.

5. Beans also contain powerful cancer-fighting compounds, especially the darker colored and reddish beans. Use them in a carrot juice- or tomato juice-based soup with added mushrooms and cruciferous vegetables.

6. Use organic raw fruits, especially those with high free radical-absorptive capacity, such as all berries, kiwis, gogi berries, red and black grapes, cherries, papaya, and red apples.

7. Use only raw, unsalted seeds and nuts in your diet as your source of fat. No animal fats or oils should be used. Avocado and raw nuts and seeds can be blended to make delicious dips and dressings.

A Sample Cancer Protocol Menu
The suggested meal options listed below contain multiple choices. You do not have to consume all of the foods listed!

Breakfast

6-8 oz. glass of fresh-squeezed vegetable juice made from carrots, beets, kale, parsley, wheat grass, or other greens
Fresh fruit, especially blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, kiwis, and papaya
One cup oatmeal with ground flaxseed, walnuts, and added fruit
Fresh fruit smoothie, blended with watercress, kale, and pomegranate
Lunch

Large green salad with baby greens, shredded cabbage, and baby bok choy, with a healthful fruit nut-based dressing
Vegetable Bean Soup, made with zucchini, leeks, blended cruciferous leafy greens, mushrooms, onion, lentils, beans, parsnips, herbs and spices, cooked in half vegetable juice and half water
One fresh or frozen fruit (mango or cherries) whipped into a 1/2 cup of pomegranate juice
Dinner

Glass of vegetable juice (organic tomato-based) with cruciferous greens added such as cabbage, watercress, and arugula
Blended salad, 1-2 oz. raw organic spinach, 2-3 oz. leaf lettuce, 1 oz. kale, Chinese cabbage or bok choy. Blend greens in a high-powered blender with apple and cinnamon, avocado and banana, strawberries and pineapple, orange and lemon, or any other cut fruit (and flavored vinegar, if desired).
Lightly steamed greens, such as brussels sprouts, asparagus, and artichokes
Raw vegetables, tomatoes, baby bok choy, carrots, peppers, broccoli, snow peas, and small raw okra, with dip or dressing
Vegetable/eggplant stew made with edamame, red peppers, mushrooms, eggplant, tomatoes, cauliflower, frozen peas, and currants, with flavoring such as cinnamon or turmeric
Frozen organic strawberries whipped with an orange or dried pineapple
Fresh or frozen fruit (whipped), berries, or other fruit
Eggplant-Hummus Dip
Bean Salsa Dip or vinegar
Note: As much as one avocado and 3 ounces of raw nuts/seeds can be used in the dressings and sauces each day. Nutritional supplements also are included in the protocol

Best to you and yours.

Paul

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: December 16, 2010 11:51PM

Hi Paul,

Interesting that you mention Dr. Fuhrman, because I have friends who think his protocol is the greatest, but I'm not of that opinion because of the cooked vegetables. And I see that he mentions 'beans,lentils'. I think cooked dried beans are unhealthful.

Date: December 17, 2010 12:22AM

there are certain cooked items, specifically tomatoes, that have been shown in the lab to have massively more powerful cancer fighting properties than raw tomatoes, however the same exact people that are saying cooked tomatoes are good for cancer fighting, state that Raw organic bok choy,strawberries, I think blueberries, and 2-3 other raw organic veggies I cant remember at the moment, are some of the best cancer fighting substances known to man, and these are mainstream medical professionals, so honestly, I believe them when they say cooked tomatoes, when they say everything else is better for you raw... just saying...

Edit: For fighting cancer specifically that is, possibly not under normal circumstances, as far as cooked vs raw tomatoes goes.

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2010 12:24AM by Curator.

Date: December 17, 2010 04:32AM

We go on Monday for the first time appointment at stanford I think they will just have to cute the mass out but I will keep it posted thank you once again for the comments I have been making him green smoothies and supplementing with trader joes super green powder =)

Date: December 17, 2010 04:55AM

Good luck, I will be praying for him.

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: December 17, 2010 10:55AM

Good luck. I'd recommend www.curezone.com to learn about more alternative options. There's just so many different ones besides diet changes. You need to really read over different things and pick what you believe in and think is right for you. Already in this thread you have the blending vs juicing opinion difference and whether or not colon cleansers work. LOL. It can get overwhelming when everyone says something different. Everything is always some kind of debate. Just keep an open mind and keep reading and do what you think is best and makes the most sense.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 17, 2010 04:23PM

nikosama,

Colectomy is advised for colon cancer, and surgery is generally an easy way to stave off further growth in the primarily affected organ. However, because surgery always results in viable cancer cells being disrupted and spread into the bloodstream, in the case of colon cancer chemotherapy is almost always indicated immediately after the surgery. If the oncologist has not mentioned this, please discuss it with him/her, and in detail what drugs he/she would be using. The drugs generally prescribed for colon cancer, such as bevacizumab and cetuximab types, are extremely destructive to the liver and vary in efficacy(Google Avastin trials).

My mother went through this a few years ago, so I hope any information on procedures I can pass on will be of use to you. Good luck at the doctor appointment.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: December 17, 2010 04:40PM

Ozone therapy is probably one of the best alternative cancer therapies. You'd need to find a good doctor who knows how to properly use it rather than yourself at home.

Date: December 18, 2010 03:31AM

Thank you for the prayers. No one has said anything about chemotherepy just that they wanted to remove it but I will keep updates coming.....thank you again and God Bless........

Posted by: jono ()
Date: December 21, 2010 02:43AM

I consider tumors as being functional organs that a body produces to detoxify, neutralize, and sequester potentially harmful levels of endogenous and exogenous substances.

I like Wheatgrass Yogi's idea of water fasting.

Maybe some intermittent water and juice fasting can provide the body with some time and space to cleanse toxic tissues, balance metabolites and such.

Sleep, sunshine, clean water, clean air, exercise to move the blood around, good stuff.

Diet... well, I'm eating lots of pistachios lately, and also some fruit smoothies and it seems to be going well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables